PDA

View Full Version : Paintball laws/restrictions in the world

slateman
09-05-2006, 09:48 AM
So, if you noticed, I'm selling my Ego. :( Don't want to, but I have to.

I actually have an offer from a guy in France. Are there any special requirements for shipping to France? Is it even legal?

Toll
09-05-2006, 02:32 PM
I can't imagine why there would be an issue, just make sure everything is marked appropriately.

slateman
09-05-2006, 02:49 PM
I can't imagine why there would be an issue, just make sure everything is marked appropriately.
How exactly do you mark a paintball gun "appropriately"?

MarkM
09-05-2006, 03:15 PM
Perfectly legal in France, the term is 'Paintball Marker', 'Gun' in any form raises too many flags, it will still get opened by their customs if not at the US end,. Don't over value it on the customs form as that will raise flags also, just as an undervalue will also ;) make the buyer fully aware that this is what you are doing and that they will be responsible for all taxes extra to your already paid fee. Overseas trades generally are ok assuming the buyer and seller agree the shipping costs as this is the real deal killer. I have a minimag with an unusual body that I keep getting offers on but the shipping would kill the deal, unless I shipped from the US when on a trip. I see many high end marker deals I would love to jump on but most of the time the seller will not even consider overseas shipping...which I would be willing to pay, the only main difference is that I actually have some idea of the costs and packaging doesn't cost an extra $50-$100 (no really I have had postage quotes in that region, why say worldwide and try and rob me :mad: )

FiXeL
09-05-2006, 05:13 PM
^^^^

Markm is right on the money! Avoid words like gun, and the buyer should be fully aware there could be some customs fees to deal with.

Tao
09-08-2006, 01:45 PM
So, if you noticed, I'm selling my Ego. :( Don't want to, but I have to.

I actually have an offer from a guy in France. Are there any special requirements for shipping to France? Is it even legal?

as an exporter it is your duty to know the laws of the country (both countries in fact). I recomend contacting France customs. This is your best option. You can get the buyer to do the research for you but ultimitely it is your respocibility to know the laws perfectly. The most you would probably get if you caused an infraction would be a ban from exporting to France again but if paint guns fall anywhere near firearms (probably not France but there are some crazy countries out there) you could face extradition for an infraction.

There was a thread from a guy in Germany who had huge problems importing a new gun from AGD. If you do a search you should find it somewhere in here.

Tao
09-08-2006, 01:48 PM
How exactly do you mark a paintball gun "appropriately"?

again depends what the country's regulations are. Sporting goods here...firearms (potentially) somewhere else.
My previous post could be seen as an over reaction but I can say don't ask about legal FACTS on a foreign forum; talk to the France government :P

iambored
09-08-2006, 03:29 PM
Uh I don't know much of french laws on imports but I mark it without the words gun, barrel, bps, or any other vary-ation of the words that scream GUN! And under price it or they'll probally check