PDA

View Full Version : leaking out the bolt

ahellers
09-05-2006, 01:56 PM
bolt leaks,
ok its an emag valve (not an emag, just the valve) w/ lvl 10 and ult,
the ult has as many shims in it as it will take befor the on off no longer fits in the body.
the lvl to has smallest carrier (no lines or dots) and no shims (also tried with 2 and 1 shim) with the gold spring.

when i air it up it leaks out the bolt, but it still shoots, but its a large leak so thats not good. also i noticed that some times i can make it stop leaking by pushing on the bolt with my finger, but when i shoot again it starts leaking agian.

any help is appreceated.
thanks
t

rb211
09-05-2006, 02:30 PM
Change your carrier o-ring and re-tune. Check your ULT o-rings also. Does it leak when you have the trigger pulled?

ahellers
09-05-2006, 03:21 PM
it doesnt leak when the trigger is pulled, its my understanding that you are supposed to keep putting in shims in the ult untill it stops leaking, so i dont know what i could do to the ult as it already has the max amout of shims in it, and i thought you sposed to use the smallest carrier (no lines or dots) untell it starts leaking, and i already have that one in, so which carrier sould i use. also i dont under stand the perpose of shims in the level 10, how do you determen to put in more or less?
thanks
t

Coralis
09-05-2006, 04:19 PM
The shims in the level 10 affect the reset point (the point where the level 10 starts to vent off pressure so the spring can reset the bolt ) as I understand it and in most cases arent really needed. It sounds like you need to go down one carrier size .... carriers are sized by the dots and lines with no dots being the smallest , then one dot, then one line ,then one dot/one line....

ahellers
09-05-2006, 05:33 PM
yes i already have the smallest size in there.
t

rb211
09-05-2006, 05:59 PM
You need to use the largest carrier you can until it starts leaking. If you are using the smallest carrier and it leaks, use a different o-ring and a larger carrier and go from there. Take out all but 3 of your ult shims and start over. After you get the level 10 tuned, then start shimming your ULT. I think the max amount of shims AGD designed the ULT for was 6. Also bear in mind that ULT shims are different from lvl X shims. ULT shims are half the thickness of a lvl X shim. Make sure that you oil the ULT and the LVL X liberally while you are tuning them.