PDA

View Full Version : my first mag have a few q's

originalspyderxtra
09-05-2006, 05:49 PM
ok is hould be getting my mag in a week or so and i have a few questions to know what i have on the gun, as far as i know im paying 50 dollars for a classic mag, gray, right feed, twist lock barrels

now for the q's
how do i tell if it has a lv10 bolt ands what sthe difference from the stock lv7?

someone told me but i forgot, how do you tell if its an rt ot rt pro?

if the last peron used co2 should i open the valve and inspect to make sure everyhting is ok, idk how co2 affects all those orings?

since im using hpa can i just hav ethe hose go from the asa to the valve, anyhting i have to plug up if i do so?

any recomended upgrades in the future, not really looking to go electro. more like better frames, valve, bolts other parts.

where can i find twist lock barrels and does the twist lokc system come out of my mag body and its cocker thrreaded or is there an adapter that cam make then cocker threaded.

ok thats i for now, thanks in advance i know its a lot of guestions.

Head knight of Ni
09-09-2006, 01:42 AM
1.) When you pull the bolt off if the brass end of the powertube is hexagonal it's got a level 10 system.

2.) If it's an RT the air intake will be on the bottom of the valve and the air line will run through the rail. An RTPro/X-valve will generally have the air intake on the right side of the valve.

/ Both the RT and RTPro valves will not work with CO2.

3.) If it's a classic valve it would have had no problems with CO2, however some orings may be damaged/dry.

/ I would strongly recomend that you put a couple of drops of oil into the ASA/air
lines before you attach your tank. Simply shoot the oil through the gun.
(sans barrel)

4.) Yes and only if the ASA is double tapped with the threading on the side you're not using for your air hose unplugged.

/ Also note that with the AutoMag you will not need to buy a regulator, as one is
already built into the gun's valve. You will want a gas-thru for your foregrip.

5.) ULE body/Deadlywind's custom bodies, Intelliframe/Y-frame, X-valve/level 10, ULT kit, Aftermarket rails(mostly Rogue/RPG), and an adjustable tank (68 cu/4.5k-my preferrence)

6.) Twistlocks can be found for cheap at some online retailers and older shops/fields. The twistlock's retaining pin can be removed from the rail. "Doc" Nickel of docsmachine (http://www.docsmachine.com/) makes an adapter for twistlock/autococker threads.

/ You may want to search the airgun website for 'Mag upgrades/accessories.
Definitely look up deadlywind's aftermarket mainbodies. (*drools)

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need. :)