PDA

View Full Version : removing the regulator

LiveWire
09-06-2006, 10:25 AM
i think i saw it either here or over on the nation, but someone (i think it was pnuemagger, correct me if i'm wrong) took the reg off of a classic valve and blocked it up somehow this way you could use an after market reg or some such. either way i'm really interested in finding out how he did that, anyone know? i have a feeling i'd blow up my house without the correct info :D

SummaryJudgement
09-06-2006, 10:57 AM
I remember a post a while back with someone pointing out a weird mag. It did have the reg removed and blocked up with something. They then went over the the area with some sort of filler material. It shortened the valve considerably, but it's kind of pointless when you look at how well the mag valve performs anyway. Try a search for "weird mag valve" or something... ;)

athomas
09-08-2006, 01:03 PM
If you want to bypass the AIR valve regulator, all you have to do is remove the regulator seat oring and the regulator pin assembly. This will give maximum flow without any restriction. You can then limit the pressure and velocity using an inline regulator feeding the valve.

craltal
09-08-2006, 02:30 PM
i think i saw it either here or over on the nation, but someone (i think it was pnuemagger, correct me if i'm wrong) took the reg off of a classic valve and blocked it up somehow this way you could use an after market reg or some such. either way i'm really interested in finding out how he did that, anyone know? i have a feeling i'd blow up my house without the correct info :D

you'd remove the back half of the valve and find/ make/ have made a plug that has the same threading to replace it and then seal it off so it's airtight. You'll then want to have a regulator in as the foregrip or use an adjustable tank.

a bit of work for little to no functional improvement, but if your looking for unique...

Pneumagger
09-08-2006, 03:00 PM
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Mag%20Stuff/HM3.jpg

was this the mag

FinchMan
09-08-2006, 03:40 PM
did you ever try to shoot a paintball at 900psi? :p

Pneumagger
09-08-2006, 04:02 PM
yes

you can only get about 600 psi befor the powertube oring shreds when shoot it.

MisterBones25
09-08-2006, 05:04 PM
i thought about doing this as well. as far as functionality, my hyper mag is as light as any other electro out there. but the little weight there is, is in the back, making it supremely backheavy and not balanced at all. i figured moving the reg to the forgrip would balance it out a bit more, makeing my gun feel better in my hands. but after a bit of reading i found that by doing this to an x-valve, i will turn it into a classic, meaning slower recharge and less force to reset the solenoid in my hyperframe. i think this is all correct, if not someone correct me please, because im still interested in this mod.

Pneumagger
09-08-2006, 05:59 PM
it will ruin an xvalve and turn it into a half aluminum classic valve with the reg on the grip.