PDA

View Full Version : What is this thing?

rifleman
12-26-2001, 06:14 PM
Some sort of regulator I've never heard of?

paintballer187
12-26-2001, 06:30 PM
holy crap, what is that? haha i've never seen anything like that before, your guess is as good as mine

Tbone
12-26-2001, 06:35 PM
I'd say it looks like a paintball gun....haha j/k

Someone posted a pic like that a while ago, I think it was actually 2 pics of 2 guns with that weird thing. I can't remember what it was though.....:(

magman007
12-26-2001, 06:56 PM
that is pretty cool that is what it is. THat is a duckbill asa with an ans jak hammer (autococker) attached to it. Thats relly cool. who ever did that has one hell of an imagination, and had a really good idea. I wonder how it works.

deweasel697
12-26-2001, 06:56 PM
I'm pretty sure thats a box full of electronics from these two guys who made there mags electro.

X-Plosive
12-26-2001, 07:34 PM
It belongs to an old PBC member/new PBnation member, he made two. One was for himself and the other for his wife, if I remember correctly the turquoise one is his wife's and the red one is his. I assume it is an electro kit for the mag. It looks pretty nice, I don't know why he chose to run a jackhammer II on it though.

paintballer187
12-26-2001, 07:50 PM
i guess that explains it; electro mag

FeelTheRT
12-26-2001, 09:47 PM
the gas goes two ways. As you can see, i've used a red line representing higher presure (not regulated from the Jackhammer2), and the blue line representing presure regulated by the JH2. Obvioulsy the red air is going into the gun, but the blue is going into a magical box... looks like some kind of an airchamber. Perhaps for air assist possibly?? It seems doubtful that those are electroincs.

But htne again, i could be wrong...

Dubstar112
12-26-2001, 10:31 PM
I think i got it! there is an electronic 3 way in the box, that drives a ram that pulls the sear up and down?

also i believe that is Dager's ?, im not sure but that name comes to mind when i see that pic :)

MajorDamage
12-27-2001, 01:23 AM
It looks like part of the oldschool Nintendo :D

ENDO!

bornl33t
12-27-2001, 05:46 AM
Possibly a "sandridge" Mag? hehehe
little outdated now me thinks?

kenshinkandon
12-27-2001, 05:50 AM
I was going to say that looks like a box that is on old sandridge autocockers, I think it holds the seloinds in an autococker. The newer autococker handles don't have those boxes on them.
I'm wondering why it is on a mag.

PsychoMag
12-27-2001, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by deweasel697
I'm pretty sure thats a box full of electronics from these two guys who made there mags electro. the box is from sandridge. the company that makes the F5 cocker.

Webmaster
12-27-2001, 09:06 AM
He has good taste in barrels!

thei3ug
12-27-2001, 10:38 AM
It was Dager's.

The company that made them was Triple M Customs, out of La Porte I believe. I knew a few of the guys involved. I don't quite know what happened to them, they split up, so I don't know if someone retained the name and still makes them or what.

The principle is: uses a supplied frame, any frame of your choice (e-z-grip anyone?), the gas goes through two hoses from the ASA: one to the gun, one to the LP reg. the LP reg routes the gas into the box, where a solinoid valve rests with a circut board. The gas from the solinoid valve is routed into the gripframe, where a ram drops the sear.

I know they did powdercoating, made some shocker parts... One of the offshoot guys does type III anno and plating... But I don't have any contact info on hand. sorry.

Dubstar112
12-27-2001, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by thei3ug
It was Dager's.

The company that made them was Triple M Customs, out of La Porte I believe. I knew a few of the guys involved. I don't quite know what happened to them, they split up, so I don't know if someone retained the name and still makes them or what.

The principle is: uses a supplied frame, any frame of your choice (e-z-grip anyone?), the gas goes through two hoses from the ASA: one to the gun, one to the LP reg. the LP reg routes the gas into the box, where a solinoid valve rests with a circut board. The gas from the solinoid valve is routed into the gripframe, where a ram drops the sear.

I know they did powdercoating, made some shocker parts... One of the offshoot guys does type III anno and plating... But I don't have any contact info on hand. sorry.

so uhh, how close was i? I had the idea down, but i figured an electronic 3 way would be quicker :) reminds me of the cocker/mag punisher did

RaV3n_Pa1ntba||
12-27-2001, 12:24 PM
i wouldnt mind getting my hands on them except maybe a boxless version that uses Angel LCD Frames...triggers..and (obviously) grips. That would be sick...also instead of using the the Jackhammer...use a rock reg or try like using an (actual) secondary reg like glad or WDP.

It would be the Automag/Angel/Cocker or.... Autoackergel :)

hehe

"I GOT T1 NAH NAH NAH nah POOO POOOO" (yep yep yep) muhahahhaha

snowman
12-27-2001, 01:16 PM
"You put your weed in there man." :D

bornl33t
12-27-2001, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Webmaster
He has good taste in barrels!

I agree... my fav!

thei3ug
12-27-2001, 07:22 PM
you can't put an "actual" secondary reg on it, because an "actual" secondary reg won't regulate adequately down to 40-90 psi necessary for the solinoid valve to operate. That's why you don't see gladiators or guvnairs on the front blocks of autocockers.

Dubstar: Yah you had it right, I was just confirming it. Solinoid valve... electronic 3-way... same difference.

lonsch
12-27-2001, 11:14 PM
hey i know that gun hahaha
yeah bug is right but i think there are more than 2 because there is a guy on a team in the league i play in that has a mag like that but its yellow

thei3ug
12-28-2001, 10:22 AM
Hey lonsch is that the guy who looks like jesus?

lonsch
12-28-2001, 11:29 AM
haha yeah it is. i think his name is Jeff