PDA

View Full Version : I trust you guys more than PBn so help if you would

pablo4429
09-07-2006, 01:30 AM
Ok ya you guys seem to give more straightforward and nonconflicting answers so heres my question:
I already have a .689 All American and i want a bore size bigger and smaller (.693 or so and .685) so I was wondering if buying a biger bore barrel then buying a Lapco bore sizer(.685) would still give me the accuracy of a standard .685 barrel. I hope this makes sense
thanks

cyrus-the-virus
09-07-2006, 01:36 AM
Ok ya you guys seem to give more straightforward and nonconflicting answers so heres my question:
I already have a .689 All American and i want a bore size bigger and smaller (.693 or so and .685) so I was wondering if buying a biger bore barrel then buying a Lapco bore sizer(.685) would still give me the accuracy of a standard .685 barrel. I hope this makes sense
thanks

if your paint is .685 then you should keep the same barrel your using.

Indignant
09-07-2006, 08:43 AM
..it didn't make much sense to me. just get a good big bore barrel that will shoot whatever you use.

st6212
09-07-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't see the point of using a bore sizer larger than the barrel, as that would just increase your chances of breaking balls. ie trying to squeeze a ball that is larger than the bore of the barrel.

As for the bore size being smaller than the barrel. It may possibly help with accuracy a bit, but the bore sizer is only 2"-3" in length? I don't think that's enough length to really make much of a difference as compared to a proper fit barrel. Well....certainly in the case of gas efficiency anyway.

I think TK and Lapco mention that a 6"-7" back for a two piece or 8"-10" for a one-piece are the most ideal.

starchief1959
09-07-2006, 11:09 AM
I think I would opt just for the larger barrel. I have a freak system and think I may have used 1 or 2 of the inserts smaller than .687 only 1 or 2 times. I've always found that most paint seems to be in the .687 - .691 range.

pablo4429
09-07-2006, 01:31 PM
i would definanlty overbore if I had something besides an autococker so rollouts are what i was worrying about and ya the bore sizer would be smaller not larger than the bigger bore barrle so i was wondering if that would hurt accuracy

st6212
09-07-2006, 11:18 PM
i would definanlty overbore if I had something besides an autococker so rollouts are what i was worrying about and ya the bore sizer would be smaller not larger than the bigger bore barrle so i was wondering if that would hurt accuracy

No it wouldn't hurt accuracy any more than what it is without the sizer for your large bore barrel.

athomas
09-08-2006, 12:54 PM
If you are going to use a small id short bore sizer, you might as well just use the large bore barrel. The effect will be the same, except the larger barrel will help prevent ball breaks caused by jamming a swollen ball into a tight barrel.

The .687" barrel will shoot the small paint quite well anyway. No need to get a .685" size for a difference of only .002".

For the record, I only shoot a .696" barrel on all my paint. I have no problems with accuracy if the paint is good.