PDA

View Full Version : Do we really need all those versions of the Autococker?

Tbone
12-26-2001, 06:30 PM
I was browsing through APG today (/me likes to look at all the color pictures) and I couldn't help but notice that there are so many versions of the autococker made by so many companies. Does paintball really need that many versions of one gun??? Off the top of my head I can think of Shocktech, KAPP, Nitro Duck, and a couple others....what are your guys' opinions on the matter?

covadsucks
12-26-2001, 06:45 PM
We need more cockers. So owners of cockers like me, can go buy a Mag as a backup and use it more than their main markers...but don't forget cockers are kewl because you can sell them and get more barrels and upgrades for your "backup mag".

talls
12-26-2001, 07:02 PM
We need more cockers. So owners of cockers like me, can go buy a Mag as a backup and use it more than their main markers...but don't forget cockers are kewl because you can sell them and get more barrels and upgrades for your "backup mag".

haha that is a great answer

Arman/XPM
12-26-2001, 07:22 PM
Yes, we do need all those Autococker Variants.
It is what makes the Cocker line so popular, because* variety is offered. Variety is what keeps something from becoming *Boring*. Just look at Kingmans' Spyder, they have so many different variants, and are one of the most popular paintball markers.

BTAutoMag
12-26-2001, 07:23 PM
people who make autocockers are no better than kingman. they add on a new accessory and call it the best cocker yet. in my opinon they are trying to compensate for their small... oh you know

AngelBoy
12-26-2001, 07:27 PM
So that way, people will have so many bad experiances wit cockers that they realize TK is the man and they turn to mags.... Its all part of Tom's big plan to take over the world!!!!

FooTemps
12-27-2001, 12:19 AM
Hm... maybe it's because someone started some hype with a modded out cocker and everyone started to buy cockers to mod. The companies notice this and try to cash in on theBIG MONEY by making their own "modified" autocockers...

Nitroduck
12-27-2001, 01:05 AM
variety is the spice of life.

Do we need 20+ barrels on the market?
Do we need 20+ guns on the market?
Do we need 10+ Paints, harnesses or mask choices?
Do we need 20 nitrogen systems?

The answer to those questions and more is : maybe.

After all, you only use 1 thing of each on a gun (except maybe a regulator...or if your special, 2+ brands of paint)

Some people like blue autocockers
some like ones with shiny pneumatics
some like thiers with gas-thrus
some like thiers with flames
some like thiers with the name SHOCKTECH engraved on it
some like thiers with special springs and the name freeflow on them

With the 100+ cocker models out there, you will be able to find the kind you want.....They've probabally made it. When was the last time you saw a AT-85 with a purple paint job, chromed duckbill addapter and milling in the shape of a naked lady?

You can do pretty much anything with a Cocker...Thats why alot of people flock to them, they are shiny and in many colors and styles!

DjGruv
12-27-2001, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by AngelBoy
So that way, people will have so many bad experiances wit cockers that they realize TK is the man and they turn to mags.... Its all part of Tom's big plan to take over the world!!!!

Ya:rolleyes: That would be why you see more cockers in tournys than mags.:rolleyes: I'll bet when the xtremes come out you will see lots of versions of those as well.:o

damageinc54
12-27-2001, 01:39 AM
Yes we do need all of the different versions of cockers. Ever hear of this thing called competition? The more styles out on the market the more competition there is and the better the prices. Not to mention that you have so many options with cockers. Go out and try to buy a red RT or a purple classic. You will not find them. One of the things I like most about cockers is that you can get them in any color under the sun. Why can't you get mags this way? Look around the fields and magazines today. How many black guns do you see compared to colored guns? Players like colored guns!!!! Someday AGD will realize this and make guns in more colors. I had a hell of a time getting my EMag in red.

StanBo
12-28-2001, 07:48 AM
Hey people like to do their own thing and be different from others.

I have shot my mag for years and I am very happy with it.

I started reffing to earn a cocker, get involved with paintball more than just as a player and to pay for the sport.

I like the cocker and the large selection of parts is just a plus.

You could also ask why do so many people work on cars, build custom computers, etc.

Psycow
12-28-2001, 08:26 AM
Cause variety is the spice of life. That way people can thousands of bucks to get their cocker in blue with yellow pneumatics & so on. Now if looks actually made a gun shoot better, then I would be shooting a cocker or my piranha EXT with splash anodizing instead of my reliable RT.

FeelTheRT
12-28-2001, 08:48 AM
yes we do, people like variations and options, thats why Spyders sell so well as entry level guns, stock Cockers sell so well as rec level guns, and custom Cockers and Angels sell so well as top tournament grade markers.

Originally posted by BTAutoMag
people who make autocockers are no better than kingman. they add on a new accessory and call it the best cocker yet.
well they only say it because it's true. Look at the 2000 Autocockers and compare em to the 99s. The 2ks has an STO like 3 way, and smoother trigger pull. And the 2ks has a larger air chamber which is better for LP and just holds more air in general. I'd have to admit that i do like the 99 styles for a number of reasons but over all the stock 2k is better than the 99 stock, they just keep improving whenever they can. There was no difference from the 2k to the 2k1 but the 2k2s all come with .45 frames so people can use DYE stickies.

BTAutoMag
12-28-2001, 12:52 PM
sorry im just not a cocker or a kingman fan. ive owned a spyder and played one game with it... sold it the next week. ive borrowed a cocker from a guy when i wanted to try one. i couldnt get used to all the moving parts and i even cracked my lens on the bolt and hammer when it recocked. i used a sniper once and i liked it cause its simple, but its older brother scares me no because ts intemidating but because i thing something besides paint will fly at me through the end of the barrel like the bolt(and just for reference i have seen a cocke bolt snap in too).

FeelTheRT
12-28-2001, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BTAutoMag
i even cracked my lens on the bolt and hammer when it recocked. (and just for reference i have seen a cocke bolt snap in too).

sss ouch, i hate that, i've got a circle shaped crack in my lense because 1, i do'nt use the beaver tail, and 2, i was holding my gun to close. BTW, the hammer is inside the gun ;), the hammer can't hurt ya.

Ya cocker bolts can break if u take em out and try to bend em :).