PDA

View Full Version : the mans rules

ahellers
09-08-2006, 10:58 PM
I got this a while ago, dont know how many people have seen it but it made me smile.
:D
from my email:

The Guys' Rules*******************
At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down

Finally , the guys' side of the story.

We always hear " the rules "
From the female side.

Now here are the rules from the male side.
These are our rules!
Please note... These are all numbered "1"
ON PURPOSE!

1. Men are NOT mind readers.

1. Learn to work the toilet seat.
You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down.
We need it up, you need it down.
You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon
Or the changing of the tides.
Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport.
And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want.
Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do.
Sympathy is what your girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a Problem.

See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument.
In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 Days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't Expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are.
Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of them makes you sad or angry, then we meant the other one

1. ! You can either ask us to do something
Or tell us how you want it done.
Not both.
If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, Please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did NOT need directions and neither do we.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not A color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched.
We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say "nothing," We will act like nothing's wrong.
We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle, besides we know you will bring it up again later.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to,! Expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine... Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation,
Or golf.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round IS a shape!

1. Thank you for reading this.
Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the couch tonight;

But did you know men really don't mind that? It's like camping.

t

maxama10
09-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I LOL'd :p

bentothejam1n
09-09-2006, 12:42 AM
I think somebody already posted this awhile ago but still funny to read

slade
09-10-2006, 11:34 AM
this was already posted a while ago, but whatever. ill refrain from posting a reply to most of them.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as baseball, the shotgun formation, Or golf.
thats so true, but it should have been pandered more to AO. theres a girl who always asks me what im thinking about when she has nothing to say, but she never seems to like my reply, which is generally paintball or motorcycles. although she did say she likes ducatis.

Altimas
09-11-2006, 10:10 AM
Yeah my wife asks me what I am thinking about all the time. I always give her the same answer...
"That girl over there... naked."

kruger
09-11-2006, 10:52 AM

If women would only understand this one, then almost every other rule could be deleted from the list. I have been married 23 years and this item has caused me more grief than anything else. I decided long ago to MAKE my wife ask me, or tell me what she wants. Even if it is obvious, I make her say the words, cuz, I know that if I dont, I will get it wrong.

slade
09-11-2006, 01:20 PM
Yeah my wife asks me what I am thinking about all the time. I always give her the same answer...
"That girl over there... naked."
i'll be watching your blog to see when you get the divorce papers.

If women would only understand this one, then almost every other rule could be deleted from the list. I have been married 23 years and this item has caused me more grief than anything else. I decided long ago to MAKE my wife ask me, or tell me what she wants. Even if it is obvious, I make her say the words, cuz, I know that if I dont, I will get it wrong.
actually, even when you do have an idea or it is fairly obvious, its just a bad idea to make an assumption.

tropical_fishy
09-11-2006, 03:11 PM

What happens when you say, "You know, I really hate it when you do X, and if you continue doing X, then Y will happen, and then you will complain red, purple and orange about Y and beg me to undo Y." And then Y will happen, and said boy is left there going :confused: you never said this would happen. Oh, but I did. Repeatedly.

kruger
09-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Then, you are in the minority. Very few women will specifically tell you what they want. They want us to "know" what they want with out being told. Guys just aren't wired like that. Believe it or not, guys want to please women, and will go out of their way to do it. Cudo to you Tropical Fishy :headbang:

ahellers
09-11-2006, 07:56 PM
Then, you are in the minority. Very few women will specifically tell you what they want. They want us to "know" what they want with out being told. Guys just aren't wired like that. Believe it or not, guys want to please women, and will go out of their way to do it. Cudo to you Tropical Fishy :headbang:

my wife will tell me what she wants, kind of. she'll say things like " you just dont try" what does that mean?
t

kruger
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
with out any more information, it would be hard to say, but it seems that she gives "hints" and you are not picking up on them. So, you can not be right, because you didnt notice the "hints"

Been married for 23 years and beleive me, the "hints" are important.

slade
09-11-2006, 08:30 PM
with out any more information, it would be hard to say, but it seems that she gives "hints" and you are not picking up on them. So, you can not be right, because you didnt notice the "hints"

Been married for 23 years and beleive me, the "hints" are important.
the only way to deal with that is to leave messages encoded with a matrix spread across the house, and expect her to pick up on your hints.

kruger
09-11-2006, 08:55 PM
Well, I'm not sure, but I think that the "hints" thing only works one way, and it aint from the guys side.

IronCore
09-11-2006, 10:25 PM
my wife will tell me what she wants, kind of. she'll say things like " you just dont try" what does that mean?
t
"you just dont try" means that she is 2 days before pms, and that's the hint for you to stay away

Thats the best time for you to do some overtime at work :)

Al_Steel
09-12-2006, 01:47 PM
9 years of marriage has tought me this:

You are always happier if you are unhappy and she is happy than if you are happy and she is unhappy.

That's about it.... oh and what's mine is hers and what's hers is hers. :rolleyes:

ahellers
09-12-2006, 05:35 PM
yeah just like how i work full time and its our money, but when she works part time thats HER money. :rolleyes:
t

tropical_fishy
09-12-2006, 07:28 PM
yeah just like how i work full time and its our money, but when she works part time thats HER money. :rolleyes:
t

Growl.

ahellers
09-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Growl.

oh crap, now ive got two women out to get me! :ninja:
/runs and hides under the bed and trying not to breath to hard.
t

fire1811
09-12-2006, 09:03 PM
so true so very true

tropical_fishy
09-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Watch and learn:

http://www.toothpastefordinner.com/020506/marital-arts.gif

SpecialBlend2786
09-12-2006, 09:57 PM
hahah that was classic

and toothpastefordinner rocks.

tropical_fishy
09-12-2006, 10:01 PM
hahah that was classic

and toothpastefordinner rocks.

I need to talk to you. Stop playing AIM tag with me.