PDA

View Full Version : Why does my Halo B not go super fast?

Pneumagger
09-09-2006, 12:02 AM
I just got a used, but excellent condition Halo B. I think it's stock. But when I doo a freefall test, it only seems like it spits the first few balls out super fast, then slows down to a steady stream. It unloads 100 paintballs in about7-8 sconds... Is this slow?

My Batteries are new. I usede both 6AA and 2 9V's and I dont count the last few balls cause it always misfeeds those.

I just want it to do at least 20...cause my emag is set on 20BPS and has Level 7.

Rudz
09-09-2006, 12:10 AM
stock baord? im using the stock board on mine, but i have the s4 drive cone kit, and a shocktech speedwheel, got rip drive? heck i like the stock board better than my cheetah, it was a pain in the...yeah...still bloody fast with the s4 kit and speedwheel, plus i usllu run the daul 9 volts or straight of my mags battery..

minimag03
09-09-2006, 12:14 AM
All Halos act like that when they aren't on a marker. This has been brought up before and someone commented that the Halo needed the balls to be stacked in the tube in order for it to actually feed properly.

Pneumagger
09-09-2006, 12:20 AM
how fast does it kill an emag battery?

Pneumagger
09-09-2006, 12:25 AM
what upgrades do ya'lll reccomend?

minimag03
09-09-2006, 08:45 AM
I used my older Halo B with the first board (not even the stock one before the victory). All It had was rip drive. I kept up with my Viking with no problem, that inlcudes when the marker was shooting illegal too. I wouldn't waste any more on and upgrade besides a 9volt conversion.

slade
09-09-2006, 08:57 AM
okay, why the heck is your e-mag set on 20BPS?

if its ramping or any mode, thats illegal. if its not, you dont have to worry about it, cause you arent going to hit 20.

just shoot it, if you have chopping problems, THEN seek to address the issue.

CKY_Alliance
09-09-2006, 09:03 AM
okay, why the heck is your e-mag set on 20BPS?

if its ramping or any mode, thats illegal. if its not, you dont have to worry about it, cause you arent going to hit 20.

just shoot it, if you have chopping problems, THEN seek to address the issue.
maybe he wants to shoot 20 bps...?? and you dont know that its illegal where he plays..
but yea as someone else said they dont feed as fast off the gun.

slade
09-09-2006, 09:07 AM
maybe he wants to shoot 20 bps...?? and you dont know that its illegal where he plays..
but yea as someone else said they dont feed as fast off the gun.
show me a field that allows 20BPS full auto, and ill show you an insurance company thats about to drop one of its fields. ;)

regardless of whether or not its legal (which i doubt it is) 20BPS is unnecessary. if its a tournament, it would have strict rules, and if its recball...

deathstalker
09-09-2006, 09:12 AM
To piggyback CKY_Alliance's comments directed to slade, ROF/BPS is a lot more than just a one-number setting. The programming controls numerous aspects of the firing sequence and because AGD's software does not allow the user to control all these aspects, it's sometimes not obvious. For example, I could set one of my AKA markers to an unlimited BPS setting, but manipulate the bolt open/close settings to keep my marker at 1 bps.

Setting an E-Mag to a higher ROF, even though you will never pull that fast, can help (or even hinder) your feed rate.

Pneumagger
09-09-2006, 09:20 AM
show me a field that allows 20BPS full auto, and ill show you an insurance company thats about to drop one of its fields. ;)

regardless of whether or not its legal (which i doubt it is) 20BPS is unnecessary. if its a tournament, it would have strict rules, and if its recball...

I like to play at a free field. BYOP/BYOair. Great field, mature adults, excellent woodsball. Been around forever. They allow all kinds of things. half the people shoot the RT tippmanns and are easily breaking 15bps the whole game.

20 bps is not unecessary, in fact probaly too slow for waving the ol' BPS penis around. :shooting:

RRfireblade
09-09-2006, 07:06 PM
They feed way faster on gun.

All mine are stock ( I have 3 of 'em) and being capped never over 18 or so , feeding has never been a problem for me. I've had them all over 20 in short bursts during XMOD testing so I would'nt worry be concerned.

They are biult for burst speed however and will slow down after the spring winds out (15-20 rounds or so) and it falls back on the motor.

zackzel
09-09-2006, 07:23 PM
what upgrades do ya'lll reccomend?

If you want it to scream get the cheetah board, it makes a stock halo seem like its a gravity feed.

REDRT
09-10-2006, 10:26 AM
I just got a used, but excellent condition Halo B. I think it's stock. But when I doo a freefall test, it only seems like it spits the first few balls out super fast, then slows down to a steady stream. It unloads 100 paintballs in about7-8 sconds... Is this slow?

My Batteries are new. I usede both 6AA and 2 9V's and I dont count the last few balls cause it always misfeeds those.

I just want it to do at least 20...cause my emag is set on 20BPS and has Level 7.

I'm sure your Halo is ok. Stock Halo it's just dandy on a stock emag. I've had the v35 board for some time even before my emag had predator software. Over kill before, but just right now. Xmod/predator with there ramping option you can achieve some fast rates of fire thus the need for a little faster hopper.

Halo mods that I think you might like/could use. I like the S-4 drive cone. Feeds more consistant and seem to be gentler on the paint while being more durable than stock. There are others, but this is the one I chose and I know something about. v35 board is now a cheaper upgrade. Halos are coming factory direct now with them. I feel on an Emag this is all you might need. Cheetah boards are nice, but more money and I feel it isn't needed this far with a highly upp'd Emag. With your Lvl7 Emag you what a fast loader that will more than keep up to reduce your chances of chops. The v35 will do this for you no problem. Ripdrive is a nice thing to have. I seldom ever have had to use it, but it can be a life saver. Finally battery options. A rechargable pack is the way to go. DueyDogs Bone pack right here on AO is a good choice, but there is other choices. I'd use the bone cause I know it is halo safe without worry.

CKY_Alliance
09-10-2006, 11:23 AM
I like to play at a free field. BYOP/BYOair. Great field, mature adults, excellent woodsball. Been around forever. They allow all kinds of things. half the people shoot the RT tippmanns and are easily breaking 15bps the whole game.

20 bps is not unecessary, in fact probaly too slow for waving the ol' BPS penis around. :shooting:
well there ya go..i also know of a field...that the guy, all he cares about is making a buck and doesnt care what you shoot...nor does he care about his customers thats why he has like 5 people every saturday...

cyrus-the-virus
09-10-2006, 12:26 PM
well there ya go..i also know of a field...that the guy, all he cares about is making a buck and doesnt care what you shoot...nor does he care about his customers thats why he has like 5 people every saturday...

well if you would learn how to read once in a while you would notice it's FREE!!!

BYOP and BYOA free admission, sounds like to me like they make little to nothing, they just let the kids(or aduts) play on their property.

Whats so bad about that.

CKY_Alliance
09-10-2006, 02:52 PM
well if you would learn how to read once in a while you would notice it's FREE!!!

BYOP and BYOA free admission, sounds like to me like they make little to nothing, they just let the kids(or aduts) play on their property.

Whats so bad about that.
ok...still theres his reason for using it.. wether its an "official" field or not. My original statement said something along the lines of " you dont know that where he plays that 20 bps isnt legal"...not exact but ye..well there ya go staight from the horses mouth where he plays its legal.

Pneumagger
09-10-2006, 06:08 PM
I wouldn't ramp in a geme anyhow. I really like strictly semi, as I'm a cheap skate and like to stick to half a case if all possible. Generally I take 1 pod at most onto field, and rarely use that.

Danimal82
09-11-2006, 05:55 PM
20 bps is not unecessary, in fact probaly too slow for waving the ol' BPS penis around.

HA, HA, HA sorry its so true. My local field is full of 15 year olds shooting egos, talking smack on anything less than $700. Butts get handed to them in the woods.

REDRT
09-12-2006, 11:44 PM
I hardly use any paint anymore ramping or not. Way less now than when all I had was semi auto a couple years ago. It is call hitting what you aim for. ;) As always most people improve their equipment more so than their game. I try to work on the total aspects of everything I do. Makes for a better rounded player/person.