PDA

View Full Version : What level of play?

punkncat
09-09-2006, 12:18 AM
Where do you like to play and at what level? Multiple answers are allowed.

d4m4don3
09-09-2006, 12:36 AM
I'm willing to play as long as it doesn't burn deep into my pockets. When I get low on ammo the pump gun comes out to play :D

jenarelJAM
09-09-2006, 01:17 AM
I like rec. Tried getting into a team... but, well, first, I didnt make it, but I didnt try out again because I didn't like the pressure to play. I want to play cause its fun, not because the team needs me to practice.

ahellers
09-09-2006, 01:31 AM
deep in the woods of michigans upper peninsula FTW!
t

FiXeL
09-09-2006, 05:17 AM
I like rec. Tried getting into a team... but, well, first, I didnt make it, but I didnt try out again because I didn't like the pressure to play. I want to play cause its fun, not because the team needs me to practice.

I've had the same dilemma... I like to play for fun and it does'nt matter what type of ball i play, but i don't want the obligation to commit time playing in a team. I play for fun, when i want, where i want. :D

deathstalker
09-09-2006, 07:18 AM
Rec only for me (including scenarios and big games). I'm not competitive enough when it comes to paintball. When I play, my priorities (in order) are:
1. Safety
2. Fun
3. Winning

Pyrate Jim
09-09-2006, 07:29 AM
I usually adjust my level of gear to the other players abilities.
I'll start with a stockgun, if I'm getting hosed I'll move up to a pump with a hopper and air tank.
Usually the end of the day I'll drag out a semi to use up any paint I have left.

Then there are those times when I run into a bunch of twibs who think the rules don't apply to them. That's when I pull out the Nasty Typhoon or one of my daughters electros.

kruger
09-09-2006, 11:03 AM
I own a 42 acre field in Rome, GA. It is a woodsball field. We have a town set up on an "L" shaped 12 acre field at one end and a Hyperball field set up close to it. We also have a mock up Airport at the other end. The other thirty Acres are just mixed woods, hardwood patches in with Pine thickets. We dont really have speedball, but we try to run the games so that the people that want to play "speedball" can have fun too. I am a woodsballer, never really got into the speedball thing. I am too worn down, to really compete with the younger guys that can still move, slide, jump, and make the "Matrix" moves. That is not to say that I cant hold my own on the Hyperball field, but I cant do it for extended periods of time, day after day. We also have an area that I call the "Doors" I have put 30 metal doors in the edge of the woods, painted them up to blend in with the woods. It is really just speedball in the woods and you can get popped really quick in the doors. Today, I am going out to the field to finish building a new area, a Missle silo complex, that will really be up close and personal. It is 60 ft X 80 ft, and there is only one way into it. I have a 6 ft diameter drainage pipe "T" section. It should prove to be a fast and wicked area to play. Anyway, my field is a bring your own paint field. You can buy ours, but we dont require it. My rules are also simple, play safe, DONT CHEAT, play like you want the other fellow to play. Thats it. My field is for fun.

LegumeOfTerror
09-09-2006, 11:37 AM
i like to play paintball at the evel of demi-god.

dahoeb
09-09-2006, 02:17 PM
scenario and rec all the way baby! the atmosphere at scenario games is great and for the most part its just a day or two of interesting battles and people exchanging little war stories. i love it.

mobsterboy
09-09-2006, 03:08 PM
wait? SEA level??? :D Lemme check the guages.... :ninja:

robnix
09-09-2006, 10:18 PM
I own a 42 acre field in Rome, GA. It is a woodsball field. We have a town set up on an "L" shaped 12 acre field at one end and a Hyperball field set up close to it. We also have a mock up Airport at the other end. The other thirty Acres are just mixed woods, hardwood patches in with Pine thickets. We dont really have speedball, but we try to run the games so that the people that want to play "speedball" can have fun too. I am a woodsballer, never really got into the speedball thing. I am too worn down, to really compete with the younger guys that can still move, slide, jump, and make the "Matrix" moves. That is not to say that I cant hold my own on the Hyperball field, but I cant do it for extended periods of time, day after day. We also have an area that I call the "Doors" I have put 30 metal doors in the edge of the woods, painted them up to blend in with the woods. It is really just speedball in the woods and you can get popped really quick in the doors. Today, I am going out to the field to finish building a new area, a Missle silo complex, that will really be up close and personal. It is 60 ft X 80 ft, and there is only one way into it. I have a 6 ft diameter drainage pipe "T" section. It should prove to be a fast and wicked area to play. Anyway, my field is a bring your own paint field. You can buy ours, but we dont require it. My rules are also simple, play safe, DONT CHEAT, play like you want the other fellow to play. Thats it. My field is for fun.

OMG. The next time I'm in Huntsville to visit my parents, I'm shipping my gear down and coming to pay you a visit.