PDA

View Full Version : Ok... so im a little behind the times.

Village_idiot
09-09-2006, 02:33 AM
Hi all. Ive decided to stop lurking here, finally introduce myself, hopefully get a few questions answered, and maybe eventually make a contribution to this community.

Ive been playing paintball for about 10 years now, but I've always been a little behind in the technology curve when it comes to paintball. I finally purchased my first simi-auto back in 2002. Before that, I had been playing with my trusty Razorback3, an old nelson based pump. Since then ive been playing with a piranha. About 6 months ago i got mag fever when I played with one of my buddies spare mags.

Never one to make a big purchase without serious deliberation, im just now planning my mag purchase and trying find out exacly what i want in my new mag. I've come across several people mentioning the 'pneumag' in this forum and I've spent the better part of yesterday searching this forum the rest of the internets trying to find out exactly what this mod is intended to do. What is the real purpose of this mod? bps and short trigger pull? Also, would anyone know of some good resources that diagram the operation of a mag? After a basic field stripping of my buddies mag, i figure im going to need some help to figure out how this thing operates.

I'm sorry I missed some obvious links to this info somwhere, but this is a long way from the pump im used to, and Ive got to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
cheers!

cyrus-the-virus
09-09-2006, 02:51 AM
Hi all. Ive decided to stop lurking here, finally introduce myself, hopefully get a few questions answered, and maybe eventually make a contribution to this community.

Ive been playing paintball for about 10 years now, but I've always been a little behind in the technology curve when it comes to paintball. I finally purchased my first simi-auto back in 2002. Before that, I had been playing with my trusty Razorback3, an old nelson based pump. Since then ive been playing with a piranha. About 6 months ago i got mag fever when I played with one of my buddies spare mags.

Never one to make a big purchase without serious deliberation, im just now planning my mag purchase and trying find out exacly what i want in my new mag. I've come across several people mentioning the 'pneumag' in this forum and I've spent the better part of yesterday searching this forum the rest of the internets trying to find out exactly what this mod is intended to do. What is the real purpose of this mod? bps and short trigger pull? Also, would anyone know of some good resources that diagram the operation of a mag? After a basic field stripping of my buddies mag, i figure im going to need some help to figure out how this thing operates.

I'm sorry I missed some obvious links to this info somwhere, but this is a long way from the pump im used to, and Ive got to start somewhere.

Thanks in advance for the assistance!
cheers!

WELCOME!!!!

http://www.Village_idiot.youaremighty.com/

The 'pneumag' is basicly a pneumaticly assited trigger. it shortans the length of the trigger pull to 1mm and down to like 1oz, easily walkable(while still mech)

http://www.deadlywind.com/tech/marker_animations/automag_animation2.gif

http://forum.specialopspaintball.com/index.php?showtopic=45780

lots of info there.

warbeak2099
09-09-2006, 06:40 AM
That's not a .gif of a pneumag by the way.

You may want to look into a new RT ULE style mag. Themagsmith.com sells great setups, some for around $400. After that, you could send your gun into Pneumagger and he does the pneumag conversion. Not sure how much he charges though. Even if you keep your mag mech, it will still be set up nicely from themagsmith.

kruger
09-09-2006, 11:06 AM
To really put it in simple terms, you get Electro speed without electronics. NO batteries.

Village_idiot
09-09-2006, 11:09 AM
WELCOME!!!!

http://www.Village_idiot.youaremighty.com/

LOL! thats awesome!

Thank you for the warm welcome!

And thank you so much for the links and advice, guys!. That clears up quite a few questions i had.

cyrus-the-virus
09-09-2006, 01:47 PM
That's not a .gif of a pneumag by the way.

You may want to look into a new RT ULE style mag. Themagsmith.com sells great setups, some for around $400. After that, you could send your gun into Pneumagger and he does the pneumag conversion. Not sure how much he charges though. Even if you keep your mag mech, it will still be set up nicely from themagsmith.

I know.. I'm not dumb but he wanted an animation so I gave hime one.

trevorjk
09-09-2006, 01:58 PM
I know.. I'm not dumb but he wanted an animation so I gave hime one.

its the way you had the answer to the pnumatic mag right above that .GIF animation. it made it look like the animation was for the .gif animation.

he was just clarifying ;)

Sk8ermog
09-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the forum.

All your questions about Phuematic mags can be answered here: http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201012

As for your question regarding what mag you should get I would shy away from a PneuMags because they take some tuning and they aren't amazing reliable from what I've read. Stick with a solid RT mag and you'll get your BPS rate and it's a lot easier to maintain. The PneuMags are popular cause the trigger pull is very light and the rate of fire is really fast without using batteries. If you are happy with 8-10bps then stick with a RT style mag. If you have to hit 15bps then think about an emag or hypermag. If you need to hit 15bps+ w/o batteries then you should think about a PneuMag.

Hope that helps.