PDA

View Full Version : Can a classic valve be converted to a pneumag?

slateman
09-09-2006, 12:04 PM
Title says it all. Can I make my classic valved, Intelligripped mag into a pneumag? Or do I need an Xvalve?

LegumeOfTerror
09-09-2006, 12:25 PM
yup, you can do it, but im pretty sure you need an RT on/off.

Lenny
09-09-2006, 01:24 PM
No, you don't need an RT on/off. If your Automag has ANY kind of on/off system, the pneumatics will work. The RT on/off is just a bit lighter of a pull (not much though), allowing you to drop the input pressure a bit, thus shortening your pull weight. Same goes for the ULT.

steiner79
09-09-2006, 09:44 PM
the classic can be used that is what i used with stock on/off and if you use a fabco 2 way with a hinge it would be abou 2 onces of pull
i could make it also

slateman
09-10-2006, 10:14 PM
More questions:

Do you have to use a 90* frame? Every pneumag I see has one

Is there any point to the ULT if you have a pneumag?

Lenny
09-10-2006, 10:54 PM
More questions:

Do you have to use a 90* frame? Every pneumag I see has one

Is there any point to the ULT if you have a pneumag?

As long as the pneumatics fit in the frame, you can use whatever frame you want. I think the vert frames are just the most common of the custom frames made. You have to admit, they look pretty darn good!

pennywise
09-11-2006, 03:55 AM
The vert frames are more common because they have more room inside for the pneumatics.

zorrotmm
09-11-2006, 04:16 AM
There's a similar question I'd like to throw in here while we're on the subject. Is there something special about mags that allow them to be converted to a pnuemag setup? Is it impossible to put pnuematics in other markers or is there just no interest in the other communities?