PDA

View Full Version : What are some good upgrades for a Spyder Sonix?

WickeDKlowN
12-26-2001, 08:18 PM
my cousin just got a spyder sonix for christmas and was wantin to know what are soem good, and fairly cheap upgrades, and mabey some advice on stuff like that. Thanx.

virus
12-26-2001, 08:28 PM
for a spyder... simple ones for that

9v hopper, xchamber, barrel to match the paint he will usally be shooting, and a spring kit for those dayz when ya cant get the veloicity un the field limit

those i would say are the only nessary ones if he plays alot....
there are others but i dont see them doing much for a spyder...
imho a spyder is a sypder unless ya put an e-grip on it then its still just a spyder but with an e-grip.....
dont get me wrong i do think they make good beginer markers.... it just i have seen many just flat out break.... granted they were field rentels... go figure... its not like the newbies were beating on them or anything =)

irbodden
12-26-2001, 09:09 PM
Not sure what they come with, but when I got my compact I threw on a bottemline and PMI gas thru, thats all ya really need for a Spyder. Spend the rest of the money at the field. :cool:

Bonx0007
12-26-2001, 09:47 PM
I agree with virus but the 9 volt is not that necessary.
otherwise have fun and play with it longer. Remember you would rather be a good player with a so so gun as opposed to a bad player with a sweet gun. The Sonix is in the so so range get good with it before you consider changing your marker. Don't get the buy new gun curse. I had my tippmann for a few years before I decided to move up to my mag. Now I don't plan on changing guns until I have enough money for an extreem mag. So in other words it will take a while. Anyway, I hope you get something out of what I just said.

Vegeta
12-26-2001, 11:24 PM
If he got the thing for a christmas present and didn't research it, make sure he know that ALL spyder ugrades will fit it. I cant think of any that wont, except AMG parts, since it is a bit different. All Kingman guns are THE SAME. I have done hte research. The bolts, msot all the valves, frames, all of it is the SAME THING. Cept on soem htey throw on a different color and a sight rail or that little thing in front that looks liek a Mini-mag front.

So if he knows ppl with a spyder, and htey wanna sell their parts, it will fit his gun.. thats hte only thing really good about spyders... you need somehting, you can take it off of any other gun. That and the low price.

covadsucks
12-27-2001, 08:37 AM
If he is using CO2, then I would strongly recommend an Expansion Chamber and a remote...it'll save him some wear and tear to the internal o-rings...but it does tend to get in the way at times. or an anti-siphoned tank on an NW Products dropforward.

Snooky
12-27-2001, 09:22 AM
I agree strongly with the 9v revo. this will save u alot of headaches on the field. Oh yeah and Brass Eagle Paint and non Brass Eagle guns dont mix. But everyone knows that right?