PDA

View Full Version : Clear some things up for me

buzzboy
09-11-2006, 07:05 PM
Ok, I have been looking all around on here, alpha and Pbn for a couple key pneu questions.

If I plan to do this mod on a classic valve will it really make the trigger that much lighter? Maybe in the 10+ range. Right now on my Y frame classic valve 8-10 is really a struggle that I can only keep up for a short burst.

Will it work with a stock AM/MM on/off?

Is there enough room in a Y frame to mount the LPR internally?

If I do this will there be anyplace to mount a intelli microswitch or will I have to ditch the warp?

How are all the parts attached to the frame? Tapped screws? Weld? Solder? Intelli bracket?

Is this all the parts I will need:

LPR
3 way
Ram
Microline
Hard fittings

RRfireblade
09-11-2006, 07:16 PM
Yes it'll make it lighter.

Stock on/off is fine but you'll have to run higher LPR pressures to fire the marker. (making the pull harder too)

'Should' be enuff room for the LPR but that depends on how well you do the rest of the Mod and how handy you are at fitting it.

You'll have to relocated the Intelli switch in most cases.

Attach how ever you like , I'd "Hope" you'd use screws :) over JB Weld or the like.

Those are the parts in 'general'

Pnuemagger can give you more specifics I'm sure.

buzzboy
09-11-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, now I see three 3 ways

SMAV-3
MSV-1
MSV-2

The MSV two I think no because of the lever. Not sure about fitting the smav in lengthwise but I guess a little dremmeling could be done. Mostly I see the msv 1 anyways.

Is the MPA-3 the generally used actuater. Is there one in which the trigger rod can replace the ram part of the actuator?

Pneumagger
09-11-2006, 08:31 PM
MSV-2 FTW

Classic Valve, level 7, RT on/off, CO2 straight to the valve...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK1YcFvJrWI

buzzboy
09-12-2006, 05:41 PM
I am now seeing that if I can figure out the mounting the MSV-2 will be a lighter pull because of the lever. This seems like something I need to do. If anybody has any suggestions or possible help feel free to post or PM me.

Lohman446
09-12-2006, 07:05 PM
Go search?

/Why do people insist on making "I don't want to hear go search" a demand. Why not make it something of the such that I tried to search but dont find all the information I want together. Why do people make demands in there first part of any request?

pump
09-12-2006, 07:47 PM
yes an RT on off will do wonders to that AM/MM pull....makes me wonder why they wernt on these guns stock

buzzboy
09-18-2006, 07:44 PM
Ok, going for the MSV-2. I am now looking at the PDF how-to and it shows the mounting of the 3way. I guess I'm going to have to mount it upsidedown so the nail will hit the MSV2 lever? Will that mess up the mounting of the hoses? Will a QEV really make the gun that much faster? What about an RT On/Off?

wjr
09-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Question 1: Yes.
2: No, it shouldn't mess up the hoses.
3: A qev will increase the cycling time, but it is not necessary
4: An rt on-off should make the pull signifigantly lighter.

buzzboy
09-28-2006, 03:26 PM
Sorry to bring it back but its mine.

I have now gotten all parts eccept the 3way. I just ordered the MSV-2 and I am now seeing something odd about it. Witht he MSV2 will the lever hit the QEV or is there enough room to clear it.

Pneumagger
09-28-2006, 04:25 PM
no there is not enough room uless you get creative (see below). Really, the QEV isn't necessary (see below). You will never pull the trigger fast enough to warrent it's use, at best it makes tuning a bit easier.

WITH QEV --> http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Black%20Widow/100_1552.jpg

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Black%20Widow/Picture175.jpg
In frame setup

Without QEV:

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g45/jrm33/Picture192.jpg

buzzboy
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I like the way you show the QEV. I have always seen it tapped into the bottom but I don't trust myself with a tap and dye to be airtight. Maybe I will get a little creative like you said.

And I saw that one of the pneumags you made has the msv 2. How much longer is the trigger pull?

buzzboy
09-29-2006, 04:32 PM
Anybody?

shorty24
09-30-2006, 11:37 AM
I believe most of the pneumags he made were with the MSV-2. The one in the pic in his link is his personal "Black Widow" (now for sale, I believe), and IIRC the trigger pull was at or sub-1mm, with a 40-50g pull weight (1.5oz). He made mine with the MSV-2 as well, which pulled at 80g with 1mm travel.

buzzboy
09-30-2006, 04:09 PM
Sweet, sounds like I will love my pneumag.

buzzboy
10-08-2006, 12:25 PM
Got another question now. Did you have to chop the lever on the MSV2 to fit it in the I frame or is it just because of the angle in the Y frame. It seems like I will have to either chop out a lot more material than you guys did or cut down the lever substancially.

EDIT: I got it to fit but I ran into another problem. Because it is a Y frame the msv2 has to sit lower in the frame it can't screw into the Intelli bracket. Anybody have indeas other than epoxy. I only want that to be a last resort.

captian pinky
10-08-2006, 02:10 PM
use a flat piece of metal as another bracket that way you can mount it were you need it

buzzboy
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
http://tnight.net/photos/md/106691.jpg
howzit look so far. I took the metal plate idea(thanks captain). Looks good so far. I tried it on my air compressor and at 90 psi it seems to not be a bad pull at all. I can walk the msv2 lever. :D