PDA

View Full Version : Inconsistant firing, Tac One/ X-Valve

Dead Eye
09-11-2006, 08:48 PM
I've been having problems lately with my gun firing erraticly. My setup is as follows:
Tac One
X-Valve/lvl 10
88/4500
AA Armageddon Reg
Remote with Pro Connect

When I gas the gun up, it will cock, and fire a few times, and then not fire, or it will fire every other pull with a chuff in between, and it chops like a mad man.

I've wracked my brains trying to tune the bolt, and can never get it right. I'm running about 1100 psi into the valve.

The weird thing is, this past weekend I was teching my guns, getting ready for a game the next day. The gun worked flawlessly... great reactivity, fires every pull. Next day, I'm at the game, gear up, head out on the field, and it shoots like ****... chuffing, or not firing at all (slack trigger), chopping. I disconnect the pro connect, re connect it, fires a few times, and a repeat of above.

I'm to the point where I'm ready to pull out any hair I might have left, and use the Mag as a paper weight... just frustrated.

I watch the field strip and frame screws to make sure they aren't over tight, and I have two shims in the bolt.

Any suggestions?

flyingpootang
09-12-2006, 03:28 AM
Sounds like your L10 carrier is to tight. There has to be a balance between the shims and carrier. If you add more than 2 shims it may be necessary to change to the next loosest carrier that will not leak....

athomas
09-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Remove the shims first. Then find the largest carrier that does not leak. You can put the shims back in later.

egb groupie
09-14-2006, 10:25 AM
I would also pay attention to your on/off on your remote line. Screw it all the way in, then back it off 1/4 turn. For some odd reason, that actually works sometimes.