PDA

View Full Version : Pneumag on a classic RT

psychowarden
09-11-2006, 09:38 PM
There is a guy locally that has an RT mag like this one http://www.airgun.com/museum/RT.htm and he barely ever plays anymore. So I would like to see if I could buy it from him and turn it into a Pneumag. Would it be possible? Thanks in advanced.

personman
09-11-2006, 09:40 PM
As long as you can get a gripframe that will fit the pneumatics, it will work.

psychowarden
09-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Its got an Inteliframe on it right now.

personman
09-11-2006, 10:04 PM
That should give you plenty of room.

psychowarden
09-11-2006, 10:15 PM
Allright, thanks. Now I just need to get a hold of a warp body :P

REDRT
09-11-2006, 10:20 PM
Allright, thanks. Now I just need to get a hold of a warp body :P
No warp body for that RT. Classic RT is uniquely it's own, you can warp it from the either end of the power feed though. The short end you'll need the longer powerfeed plug still available from AGD I think.

Chronobreak
09-12-2006, 12:31 PM
also, you could probly do a unique pneumag setup with that useless "utility rail"

:ninja:

Pneumagger
09-12-2006, 12:33 PM
you can't pneumag a classic RT. sorry

Chronobreak
09-12-2006, 12:34 PM

care to explain why?, is the banjo in the way or something?

Pneumagger
09-12-2006, 12:35 PM
I did eenie meenie miney moe, and it came out no...so yeah, the answer is it can't be done.

Arstron
09-12-2006, 12:45 PM
My eenie meenie miney moe said yes, so it must be possible. :dance:

You can pneumag a classic RT, and it is possible to make a ule warp body to fit a classic valve. A ULE body has been installed on a classic RT before, although I dont rember the specifics of it.

personman
09-12-2006, 02:48 PM
Yes you can.

REDRT
09-12-2006, 07:17 PM
You can pneumag a classic RT, and it is possible to make a ule warp body to fit a classic valve. A ULE body has been installed on a classic RT before, although I dont rember the specifics of it.
Yes you can pheumag a Classic RT
NO warp body will bolt to the Classic Rts rail, but now you can't use the Classic Rt valve with that body and you can't use any other valve because there is no slot for the z-pin on the rail. I figure you might be able to mod it one way or the other, but it sure isn't cost effective/practicle. Warp the body it has or not at all. Otherwise move up to a rt pro that is compatable with everything.

Arstron
09-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Yes you can pheumag a Classic RT
NO warp body will bolt to the Classic Rts rail, but now you can't use the Classic Rt valve with that body and you can't use any other valve because there is no slot for the z-pin on the rail. I figure you might be able to mod it one way or the other, but it sure isn't cost effective/practicle. Warp the body it has or not at all. Otherwise move up to a rt pro that is compatable with everything.

It is possible to add a ULE body to a classic RT, I guess I should of specified that it does take quiet a bit of modifications to the gun its self. Now that I think about it, I belive the person that did it had to cut part of another body to fit over the valve as well as other mods. I cant find the thread about it though. Anyway I wouldnt recomend trying to do this, I would recomend this instead:
http://lukescustoms.com/page0009.htm

psychowarden
09-12-2006, 07:42 PM
For the most part, it will be a tinker gun if I decide to buy it. And I forgot that ULE bodies wont work, but Im sure that I can find a right powerfeed somewhere and just put a warp on that instead. And, since there seems to be some kind of argument about this, why would modding it be any different than any other mag?

REDRT
09-12-2006, 10:17 PM
For the most part, it will be a tinker gun if I decide to buy it. And I forgot that ULE bodies wont work, but Im sure that I can find a right powerfeed somewhere and just put a warp on that instead. And, since there seems to be some kind of argument about this, why would modding it be any different than any other mag?

The classic rt is unique to itself. Other mags are compatable meaning you can easily swap parts. Not a walk in the park with the classic rt and not really practicle. Differances include longer body with a z-pin slot machined to the body itself and not the rail like other mags. Classic RT valve: Only RT valve of the narrow design and imput from the bottom via Banjo bolt & gas thru rail design. Valve is unique to the body and the rail. NO optional body/rails for use with this valve. Rail: gas thru design and no z-pin slot. Classic RTs use a clean looking Stainless hardline setup from gas thru foregrip to the gas thru rail. Finally a unique roller bearing carbide tip sear. Only mag to have this sear.
That is the main differances. To me the Classic RT is the best built mag hands down imo, but it it heavier and is more limited to popular mods.

No need to change the body at all. Just warp it. Being I'm right handed and from your pic of the marker I would use the longer powerfeed plug and attach the warphose bottom up for the tightest set up. If I was a lefty I'd just attach the warp hose as if it was the elbow to the hopper using the standard powerfeed plug. Simple and no mods needed. Finally devise the pheumatic set up. Possibly taking advantage of the gas thru rail design for a unique set up. Good luck if you should commit to the project.

psychowarden
09-12-2006, 11:04 PM
If I buy it, the mods will definatly be interesting. I dont know much about the classics though. I gotta ask a question. Is each different allen screw in the rail a place to hook up air? That could be a pretty interesting place to put an LPR.

REDRT
09-12-2006, 11:15 PM
If I buy it, the mods will definatly be interesting. I dont know much about the classics though. I gotta ask a question. Is each different allen screw in the rail a place to hook up air? That could be a pretty interesting place to put an LPR.

No just the front plug either side. The hard line goes in one side depending on powerfeed right or left and the plug opposite of it is full pressure. I have a micro guage on this port still back when I used to run remote many years ago.

Pneumagger
09-13-2006, 06:24 AM
people, I was joling abiout the whole thing. Of course you can make an RT pneumag. if it has an intelliframe, it will be that much easier.

I did eenie meenie miney moe, and it came out no...so yeah, the answer is it can't be done.

psychowarden
09-13-2006, 08:47 AM
Sheese, now Im getting all excited for it. I even found an ANS LPR hanging around in my gearbox...I dont know where it came from :tard: But hey, Im not complaining.

rmg
09-13-2006, 09:27 AM
If you need one of them long power feed plugs, let me know. I have one that came with a lot of parts that I bought, I don't expect to ever need it.

psychowarden
09-13-2006, 05:50 PM
Yeah, that would be nice. I used to have one on my Minimag, but it went with it when I sold it.