PDA

View Full Version : Help ID'ing mag unique body

Brinstar
09-13-2006, 12:07 AM
Thanks to Robrtsr1811 and Peppermill, the mystery has finally believed to be solved.

Apparently, it's a V2 or Boxer mag from the European company TVL. It was distributed on the other side of the ocean in the early nineties. Retail on the complete mag was around $1850

Well, I'll get the obligatory pics out of the way first.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/sb_999/EclipseMag/eclipse_mag_right_far.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/sb_999/EclipseMag/eclipse_mag_left_far.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/sb_999/EclipseMag/eclipse_mag_right_close.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/sb_999/EclipseMag/eclipse_mag_left_close.jpg

So, I picked this body up on ebay last month, and finally got around to scrounging up the rest of the pieces to assemble it. Just wondering if anyone out there in AO land has any info on the history of it.

Tried the folks at MCB, and got a few suggestions including:
Toxic Toys
Carter -- shot him an email asking about it, but no reply as of yet.
Smart Parts (for the anno)
Eclipse was my initial thought due to the anno, but I was told probably not the case.

Only solid thing I've got on it yet is that it was in a UK paintball mag from '96.

Some things of interest:

Splash pattern definatly resembles the Eclipse splash kits. I picked up a kit that I hoped would match; the colors were right on, but the gold splashes were noticable thicker on the kit than on the body.
Integrated rail, similar to the standard PTP micromags. Angle of integrated rail is thinner than the tapered end of a standard mag rail. Result is that a standard vertical adapter will fit, but can be twisted ~5 degrees, and cannot be tightened. Also means that grip frames milled to fit a rail are not flush with the body.
Removable powerfeed, similar to the PTP ones, but slightly different. Held in place only by screws, no guiding milled into it.
Accepts standard twist-lock barrels.
Has no groove milled for the valve oil input snap-pin. I had to remove the snap-pin on my valve to get it to fit in there.

Thanks much for any info, and thanks again to those who have already given me some suggestions.

And, before anyone asks, no it is not for sale.

SpitFire1299
09-13-2006, 12:13 AM
Would you sell it? :)

Cow hunter
09-13-2006, 02:03 PM
thats really cool looking, almost like a cross between a micromag and an unmilled X-mag body...

SummaryJudgement
09-13-2006, 02:14 PM
Yeah, it looks like a custom one-off. it is in the micro fam by the looks of it. Maybe PTP did it?

Looks pretty interesting actually, like a micro Tac-1....

Arstron
09-13-2006, 02:35 PM
I would buy one of somone made them. ;) :rolleyes:

It looks really nice, I hope somone in here can shed some light as far as where it came from.

SpitFire1299
09-14-2006, 10:25 PM
Im still really curious to who made this. :)

Chronobreak
09-14-2006, 11:14 PM
the pics have been posted before

and i believe it was properly identified..

if i recall it also had an "agd reg" on it that was als identified

i may be mistek, but the pics do look familiar

Brinstar
09-15-2006, 12:24 AM
Thanks chrono, guess it's time to start digging through the archives again...Only made it about 5 pages back last time I tried. If I find it, I'll let you all know.

warbeak2099
09-15-2006, 10:31 AM
That powerfeed just looks so PTP.

rkjunior303
09-15-2006, 10:33 AM
looks like a prototype micromag.

Chronobreak
09-15-2006, 12:34 PM
think it mightve been posted on pbn as well

im trying to find it but its hard when i cant remember any keywords ro anything

robertsr1811
09-15-2006, 01:45 PM
Have you checked with Forest over at PTP about this at all?

He would certainly tell you if this was some sort of PTP prototype.

[email protected]

Brinstar
09-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Have you checked with Forest over at PTP about this at all?

He would certainly tell you if this was some sort of PTP prototype.

[email protected]

Meant to get a hold of you a while ago and get Forest's email address, but it slipped my mind. Just sent one of to the above address; will post the reply when I get it.