PDA

View Full Version : Updated classic valve?

cyrus-the-virus
09-13-2006, 01:07 AM
Will AGD ever make a ULE version of the classic valves?

I use CO2 and wouldent mind having a nicer looking Classic valve.

egb groupie
09-13-2006, 07:39 AM
Will AGD ever make a ULE version of the classic valves?

I use CO2 and wouldent mind having a nicer looking Classic valve.

I believe this topic has been brought up in the past. I do believe it could generate limited, but new sales if they did come out with an aluminum valve due to the lighter weight, more consistent velocity, ability to use CO2, etc. When the ReTro valve was introduced and classic valves were being phased out, TK said that not enough interest was generated at the time to warrant doing a run of classic valves in aluminum. Sorry, but I just don't think it will ever happen, unless someone does it outside of AGD (highly unlikely) :(

athomas
09-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Its too bad. A ULT upgrade for the classic valve is quite easily done. The top part of the ULT on-off needs to be larger, thats all. With that, there will be more force to reset the on-off pin and sear.

FinchMan
09-13-2006, 02:24 PM
yeah, i remember a few mods the elctrician did to a classic valve that increased it's recharge performance significantly.
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=197572&highlight=classic+valve

Making an aluminum valve with those mods would really be cool, but it might hurt xvalve sells if it's too good.

personman
09-13-2006, 08:06 PM
If it really bothers you, you could buy an xvalve, gut the reg, and then use an inline reg to adjust your velocity/pressure

cyrus-the-virus
09-13-2006, 10:37 PM
If it really bothers you, you could buy an xvalve, gut the reg, and then use an inline reg to adjust your velocity/pressure

say what....

personman
09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
You just take a few parts out of an xvalve and then use a regulator like a palmer stabilizer or a sidewinder or cp, etc.

Edit: actually, now that i think about it, im not quite sure that would help with the co2 due to the design of xvalves..

cyrus-the-virus
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
You just take a few parts out of an xvalve and then use a regulator like a palmer stabilizer or a sidewinder or cp, etc.

Edit: actually, now that i think about it, im not quite sure that would help with the co2 due to the design of xvalves..

X-valve don't work with CO2 because of the regulator.

It uses slam regulation (or somthing like that) and that causes such an increase in pressure that the CO2 reverts back to a liquid form and damages/freezes the valves inner workings.

Could you take the regulator parts of a classic valve and stick them inside an X-valve body?

athomas
09-15-2006, 06:06 AM
If you take out the regulator seat oring, then the air will flow freely. If you use an external regulator then the air coming into the valve is a reduced pressure. You won't have the same effect as the x-valve and CO2 won't be an issue.

Lenny
09-16-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah... but that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of buying an X-Valve. Buying a $300 valve, just to destroy $200 of it really seems kind of pointless.

pump
09-16-2006, 05:40 AM
Its too bad. A ULT upgrade for the classic valve is quite easily done. The top part of the ULT on-off needs to be larger, thats all. With that, there will be more force to reset the on-off pin and sear.
wow very interesting....more and more my A.I.R. valve keeps impressing me

Dirge
09-16-2006, 06:36 AM
take a look at this.
http://www.geocities.com/paintballshack/valve2.html

cyrus-the-virus
09-16-2006, 11:54 AM
Yeah... but that would kind of defeat the whole purpose of buying an X-Valve. Buying a $300 valve, just to destroy $200 of it really seems kind of pointless.

And how are you destroying it? You could always just put the X-valve regulater back in and it would be fine.