PDA

View Full Version : Random question : Basic shipping from UK

Toll
09-13-2006, 03:02 PM
Just wondering, vaguely, how long shipping should take from the UK to Canada (assuming it is the bottom line in the way of cost)

I've been waiting since late June.

geekwarrior
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
6-10 weeks from the US to UK, if that helps. I paid for shipping to the UK, was suppose to be 4-10 days, it got held up in customs and turned into about 2 weeks.

edit: theres no way its taking that long. hope it was insured!

rx2
09-13-2006, 07:27 PM
It depends, really. I have had stuff shipped from Japan, using 14-dollar EMS shipping, and it arrived in two or three days. I have shipped stuff to Mexico, using UPS Express International, and it was held up for almost a month. Canada usually isn't too bad, though. However, it does vary due to customs and what is being shipped. Customs can be a pain if the courier doesn't have a firm brokerage set up, if the value is too high, or if the sender didn't fill out his international shipping papers correctly. If you have any way to get tracking, do so.

By the way, what courrier did you go with? Also, was it shipped as a gift, or a sale? Shipments marked "gift" usually arrive faster, and without fees.

Toll
09-13-2006, 08:05 PM
It was via ebay, a bunch of warhammer stuff from the UK. Value : Approximately 40 dollars, marked as gift I believe. Contacting the guy again...maybe it just got held up in customs