PDA

View Full Version : How Good Is the Phantom?

MMaglpc
09-13-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey guys, I am looking into getting a Phantom and I need to know its pros and cons. I have checked the reviews on pbreview and I want more feedback. If I do get a phantom, I am gonna run it on C02 with a remote going to my tank on my pack and a 40 count hopper. Do I need a bottomline for this or will the bottleback setup work? If you guys have any pics of your phantom setups post them up for me or link them so I can see how they look.

Thanks!

bentothejam1n
09-13-2006, 10:25 PM
i sold mine and i lost the pics... but i saw this pic of a really nice looking phnatom. it was blue and black and had a reverse ASA for a 4oz. Quite possibly the best looking phantom ive ever seen

neppo1345
09-13-2006, 10:38 PM
I love mine...never had a problem.

I personally think that the setup you're going for would be better achieved with a sniper II.

In my eyes a phantom would be too small to run with a remote, you'd be better of with a 4oz tank.

Its all personal preference.

However, I swear by my phantom enough to take it onto the field against any semi or ramping marker.

ahellers
09-14-2006, 12:27 AM
why do you want to run a remote? i think the best option for using a bulk co2 tank would be a vertical setup, with a 4 oz tank (or what ever the small tank sizes are. then you can get a 12 gram adapter and use them if you want. you really dont need a large tank for a phantom. i mean you can get like 30 shots to a 12 gram anyway.
t

peewee
09-14-2006, 06:58 AM
all your questions can be answered here. great group. http://www.bunkerboyz.com/phog/index.php

Pacifist_Farmer
09-14-2006, 07:01 AM
I got a new one in the mail last night and I have to say that I have never felt a marker that was as solid and tight feeling as the Phantom. There is NO slop in the operation or the feel to the gun, the trigger is perfect, and the weight is fantastic.

I would avoid the remote, one of the pleasures of holding the Phantom is that it is so light and you can swing to targets with no resistance, put a extension cord on that and you've ruined it.

But to each his own and I'm sure you will be just as pleased with a remote setup.

Piranti
09-14-2006, 12:01 PM
I just got off the phone myself from CCI, and I hafta say they have the BEST customer service and support for thier markers I have ever encountered. He took the time to help diagnose my problem, dissuaded me from buying the incorrect part, sending new part free of charge - hafta send old part back to figure out why, and see if will resolve problem - and is going to help with if it doesn't solve the problem the whole marker.

I traded my Phantom used, so problems are somewhat expected, espescially from someone who isn't as anal about marker maintenance as I am. You cannot go wrong with purchasing a Phantom even if it is second hand. and most of the parts if something does go wrong are dirt cheap.

CCI ROCKS! ! ! :cheers: :bounce: :clap: :dance: :eek:

p.s. Don't get me wrong AGD customer support/service is awesome too. :clap:

Both companies stand by thier products 100% and do what all companies should do for thier products and services.

AGD
09-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experience with CCI. The fact is that Mike is a one man show over there these days. You get good support because its HIM that answers the phone (the original designer and owner of the company) and he only gets like 2 tech calls a month! He used to laugh at me when I told him we had one guy full time taking tech calls.

I envy him in many ways, he gets up in the morning, puts together a few guns and goes out for the rest of the day and has fun.

AGD

StygShore
09-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Mike is a heck of a guy!

He hooked me and the guys from the field up with a sweetheart of a deal on a totally decked out real tree cammo phantom for the field owner as a gift for his wedding.

And these guns are smooth and accurate, I have seen Ken throw a 20oz bottle in the air and cash in on bets he can shoot it 3 times before it hits the ground!

Styg

^^ and why is that guy up there answering an inordinate amount of posts lately? :ninja:

RRfireblade
09-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Glad to hear you had a good experience with CCI. The fact is that Mike is a one man show over there these days. You get good support because its HIM that answers the phone (the original designer and owner of the company) and he only gets like 2 tech calls a month! He used to laugh at me when I told him we had one guy full time taking tech calls.

I envy him in many ways, he gets up in the morning, puts together a few guns and goes out for the rest of the day and has fun.

AGD

Actually nowadays he get's up in the morning and puts together a few dozen guns usually till after dinner time , eats and then goes to sleep. ;)

He's been slammed like that for probably the last year or better.

Anyway....

Phantom = Great Pump

Infinate set up options , some of the best customer support in the business and a great all around marker.

I would also suggest like a 3.5 oz CO2 vertical or a 9/12 oz off a bottom line over a remote setup.

MMaglpc
09-14-2006, 06:54 PM
ordered mine today with the 12 gram changer, im losing the remote

hobbesTZ
09-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Phantoms are nice but I think I'll stick with Sterlings and Snipers.

Pacifist_Farmer
09-14-2006, 07:02 PM
After going through several guns in the last couple years I have come down to just two.

The Phantom, and my Z-gripped warped classic mag. Stock Class and Semi, I will never need another......now lets see how long that lasts :)

neppo1345
09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
Phantoms are nice but I think I'll stick with Sterlings and Snipers.

mmmm...sterlings...

/wipes up drool

Recon by Fire
09-14-2006, 10:17 PM
I miss my Phantom :(

Philey-O-Fish
09-16-2006, 01:46 PM
Phantoms are very good but if you are still looking around, another option is the Palmer's Super Stocker.

evilhomer
09-16-2006, 03:38 PM
I'd sell my Viking before I sold my Phantom.

And I think I will...

Danimal82
09-16-2006, 03:50 PM
I have a SC phantom with guaged valve body, hardline, clear parts, and 13ci HPA. I love it. There really isn't a need to upgrade other than maybe buying a vertical breech. It can get pretty hairy when you have a couple semis creeping up on you and you have 10 ten rounds, but its a lot of fun. Best part has to be walking on the field with a pump hearing chuckles and coming off with a few kills.
-Dan

50 cal
09-16-2006, 05:09 PM
I have 2 Phantoms and am scrounging the funds for a VSC now. Buy one without reservations.

The Action Figure
09-16-2006, 06:05 PM
hard to beat for the money or customer service.

Toll
09-16-2006, 06:29 PM
I've never really heard anyone complain about a phantom...probably a safe investment

RRfireblade
09-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Only complaint is he can't biuld 'em fast enuff. :D

I'm not even sure how many I've sold pver the years but I've never had anyone ever complain about the quality or the service.

Danimal82
09-16-2006, 11:09 PM
Every component is top notch including the stock barrel. I think everyone should have one. It's makes for a great backup or primary for those days when you want to feel superhuman. A Phantom will help you with snap shooting, definetly not your spray and pray marker.

fifthmag
09-17-2006, 02:53 PM
Agree wholeheartedly. Mikes' superb service extends to New Zealand for myself and our club members who mostly use use phantoms on pump days. I've owned about ten markers, 5 of them phantoms, 5 of them mags. Lighter and a lower profile than snipers and their stack valved ilk, they are the pump for me, as the Mag is the semi for me.

Setup? Almost any way you want it, but I have mine bottomlined with a 13cui preset with a braided hose running from asa to right side air adaptor, just like my mag.

Triangle
09-17-2006, 03:28 PM
I had a black/blue acid washed VSC and I fell in love with it.
I ended up trading it away like a moron.

Ratzo
09-19-2006, 10:13 PM
I use a Micro CA II on my Phantom, lots of fun.

Drizit
09-19-2006, 10:29 PM
I have run an Acid Blue VSC with a 6pack for a few years now and I love it, only problem is the 6pack weighs more then the Phantom ;) Of course I've traded away the 6pack now and the Phantom is going for a set of emag lowers (i'll probably use them once or twice and then sell them for another phantom though)

psychowarden
09-19-2006, 10:31 PM
I miss my Phantom :(

Yeah, me too...so Im getting a new one.

I wouldnt say that Phantoms are better than others, its just that they are great quality and they have a great feel to them.

yingyang
09-23-2006, 07:36 AM
Worth every penny. I ran mine on 12 grams and a 4oz, had no problems. I dont want to say they are very accurate because paint to bore matter, blah blah blah. Its dead on accurate and I was using the stock barrel. GET ONE! You wont be dissapointed.

sniper1rfa
09-23-2006, 11:57 AM
Ive been using a phantom as my main marker for the past few years....

It defies the tinker in me... there is hardly anything i want to change.. :)

The customer service is the best thing on the planet, since the guy on the phone knows everything there is to know about the thing.

The only problem i have ever had was a snapped the delrin feedblock (stock class). A one peice feed solved that problem.

Skeeter
09-23-2006, 12:21 PM
Hey!!! Mike does not have it quite that easy. What you forgot to say is that Mike gets up in the morning, assembles a few guns, answers the phones, runs to the anodizer to drop parts or pick up parts, fixes issues in the machine shop next door, takes a few more calls, answers some e-mails, takes a tech call, ships out a few orders, takes a few more calls...

Great company and great guy, but he works about 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Give him a call at any time on a Saturday, and he will be there... I managed to drag him out of the shop for a few hours last spring for lunch & he had 20+ new emails before we got back to the shop.

AGD

MMaglpc
09-27-2006, 02:25 AM
My new phantom is great!!! I love its lightweight style and added speed to my game.

don miguel
09-27-2006, 08:03 PM
is cci with AGD? because thier guns look like pump mags.

Drizit
09-27-2006, 09:00 PM

nope totaly different designe, they are just both single tube guns, the mag is a blow forward valve, the phantom is a nelson valve it's hard to explain but go the the CCI web site and look at a parts blowup

bentothejam1n
09-27-2006, 10:17 PM
:wow: