PDA

View Full Version : Tac-One setup questions

skybolt_1
09-14-2006, 08:30 PM
I bought a 68 Automag classic about 8 months ago, never having owned one before but had heard good things about them and used a minimag once. Loved it so much that I sold my Tippmann A-5 rig and grabbed up a lightly used Tac-One off of eBay.

It came tonite and I tore it down, cleaned it pretty throughly, re-setup the Level 10 and got it to the point where it seems to be reliably working. I have a couple of questions though.

It seems that the RT isn't quite working properly... I can rip off about 2-3 shots before it huffs and I have to come off the trigger to reset. I would like to be able to fire continuously if I choose to do so. Is this a skill thing or a tweaking thing or a combination?

There seems to be an extra part installed above the forgrip - some kind of aluminum protrusion with a threaded hole facing forward. Is this some kind of early body design or did someone add a Q-Loader or w/e and not take it off?

Would you recommend buying the ULE Trigger Pull Kit?

Should I grab up an adjustable reg? Right now there's just a 90 degree elbow coming out of the X-valve and a air chuck for a remote kit - which I own. If a reg is recommended, any particular brand? Lower-cost preferred!

Thanks for any advice in advance.

MANN
09-14-2006, 09:07 PM
Should I grab up an adjustable reg? Right now there's just a 90 degree elbow coming out of the X-valve and a air chuck for a remote kit - which I own. If a reg is recommended, any particular brand? Lower-cost preferred!

NO automags dont need a reg. They will starve your valve if you use one.

There seems to be an extra part installed above the forgrip - some kind of aluminum protrusion with a threaded hole facing forward. Is this some kind of early body design or did someone add a Q-Loader or w/e and not take it off?

Pics??

I would defiently recomend the ult. It makes the trigger pull next to nothing.

Welcome to AGD :clap:

Ken Majors
09-14-2006, 10:14 PM
If you are looking for trigger bounce like in a Tippmann Response trigger, you will need an adjustable output high pressure air tank....and crank the input to about 900-1000psi to get any reactivity from your Xvalve.
If you just want a light trigger...go with the ULT.....if you want bounce...the ULT is not what you want.

skybolt_1
09-14-2006, 10:36 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.

OK - so with the ULE kit you don't get any bounce? Does it eliminate it completely?

I will check my tank tomorrow to see what kind of reg it has, but it's a carleton 4500 tank w/ a red reg - I believe it's an early model Air America ScrewN - so it would probably be in the 850PSI range.

Thanks again

maddboy32
09-15-2006, 05:44 AM
850psi should work fine. you might need to add a shim to the level 10 bolt. that will help it from huffing. if it still huffs start takeing them out one at a time till it stops. once you get it fixed you'll love this gun!! i had one a while back shot it for a year and never had a single problem.

skybolt_1
09-19-2006, 09:44 AM
UPDATE:

I got and installed the ULE trigger pull kit. Despite what Ken Majors said, I am getting a certain amount of trigger bounce. I don't mind this, but I'm curious if this is because I set up the kit wrong. I've already removed one of the 4 shims, which gave me a bit more control.

Should there be no reactivity with the trigger kit?

Thanks!

Ken Majors
09-19-2006, 09:37 PM
UPDATE:

I got and installed the ULE trigger pull kit. Despite what Ken Majors said, I am getting a certain amount of trigger bounce. I don't mind this, but I'm curious if this is because I set up the kit wrong. I've already removed one of the 4 shims, which gave me a bit more control.

Should there be no reactivity with the trigger kit?

Thanks!

Sounds like you have it perfect.

I didn't get any bounce at all with my ULT installed until I got the input pressure up to 900-1000.

skybolt_1
09-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Awesome - i can't wait to try it out!

Thanks for all the help!

jade_monkey07
01-14-2007, 07:36 PM
Man reading these posts is giving me butterflies in my stomach..lmao im impatiently waiting for my new tac one to show up. I also picked up the ult kit, not installed tho i wanna see it before and after. I CANT WAIT!
:shooting: