PDA

View Full Version : pump-mag questions

behemoth
09-14-2006, 09:35 PM
So, as far as i understand it, a pump mag is a regular mag, with a wave spring to keep the bolt from resetting, and a pump arm with a rod that pushes the bolt back enough to reset. The rail has a slot to accomodate the rod, and the body has a slot so the rod can traven forward enough to be out of the bolt's way..

Right?

And these wave springs can be found on McMaster Carr, or some other site.

And the rods were simply L shaped steel bar

And the handle was just a piece of plastic, with two holes in it, and the guide was a piece of alum with a hole for the vert ASA screw..

And they're SOOO RARE....

See what i did there?

onedude36
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
OOHH teh noez he let teh secretZ out.

I have no business here.

back2integrity
09-14-2006, 11:15 PM
Well, there was a very respected airsmith/machinst making them this last year, and they were having all kinds of tolerance issues, and a lot of good people here on AO have gotten stuck with pump mags that won't work right. And although I won't give his name, he is a very respected airsmith/machinist from everything I've heard about him. If he couldn't get it right.... well, I think you get my point.

Plus, the pump handle is a little more complicated than what you listed, but not by too much more. It has an internal spring that helps create a nice smooth pump stroke and helps return the pump back to aid in quicker pumping.

So... although I see your point, the solution for "rare pump-mag kits" isn't as easy as we'd like it to be.

kevdupuis
09-15-2006, 01:26 AM
You mean these springs.
http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/2336/picture0013pr.jpg

pump
09-15-2006, 05:14 AM
ummmmm can i have one?