PDA

View Full Version : Can't get my valved aligned on my new mag...

sTaLa
09-15-2006, 11:49 PM
Here's my brand new mag. I played only once with it but got some problems so I finished the day with my spyder.
http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=196085

I know the word automag should be aligned on the valve and the regulator, but I cant't get it to be!
I can get it aligned when I remove the valve assembly from the gun, but when I put it back, if I want the screw that holds the valve to fit in the hole, I've got to force it a bit and it will not be aligne anymore since the little pin in the "Z shape mark" will block the reg. Here's a picture:
http://www.rx7club.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=196086

Can it occur any problem ???

Thanks

back2integrity
09-15-2006, 11:58 PM
If it still shoots with no problems, then don't worry about it. I have valves occasionally that don't like to line up, and I never have problems with them like that. From your gun setup, it looks like possibly your SS line is too rigid in that position and is forcing the valve out of alignment when you put it into the gun (since you said it will line up when you don't have it in the gun).

Hope that helps.

sTaLa
09-16-2006, 12:08 AM
If it still shoots with no problems, then don't worry about it. I have valves occasionally that don't like to line up, and I never have problems with them like that. From your gun setup, it looks like possibly your SS line is too rigid in that position and is forcing the valve out of alignment when you put it into the gun (since you said it will line up when you don't have it in the gun).

Hope that helps.

But I have a Quick-disconnect and even when I have no line connected I have the same problem. As a matter of fact, the gun arrived from AGD with the valve non-aligned.
It's just that a guy at a paintball shop told me that it must be aligned to shoot properly; that if it was not, the flow of air would be obsturated.

MANN
09-16-2006, 12:41 AM
But I have a Quick-disconnect and even when I have no line connected I have the same problem. As a matter of fact, the gun arrived from AGD with the valve non-aligned.
It's just that a guy at a paintball shop told me that it must be aligned to shoot properly; that if it was not, the flow of air would be obsturated.

The guy at the paintball shop is wrong. I had a classic that never lined up, and always worked fine. Mine was about 1/16-1/8 of an inch off and never had a problem.

SR_matt
09-16-2006, 07:08 AM
i cant see the pics, i when i was taking my new mag apart and needed to call about a ball breaking issue my valve was about 1/8th of an inch off (the little lined on teh botom side of the x valve, and teh tech said that was ok
-matt

MikeRosenthal
09-16-2006, 09:37 AM
If it's really bothering you; If the o-ring between the two body halves is very squished you may want to replace it. I've had valves where this brought them back into alignment. (Not saying there's a performance reason.. just saying if your really anal.. this might help)

-MR

sTaLa
09-16-2006, 11:17 AM
That guy actually told me there would be restrictions in the airflow because the air passes through two hole between the valve and the reg, and that the holes would not be aligned ???

He also told me he made a custom Response trigger (like tippman's) on a mag. He just put a spring behind the trigger, in the handle. I had problems with that setup because on tippman's models, the piston RT piston will stop pushing when the trigger is released... but a spring will have a constant resistance ??? But I didn't argue too long... that guy is supposed to be an AGD certified airsmith... damn, we're in Quebec city... I don't know where he had his formation... anyway.

Thanks... so if I resume, I should not worry about the offset between my valve an my reg.

MANN
09-16-2006, 11:49 AM
response trigger with a spring? :p I guess it will work, Stick to asking questions here on AO. Im not sure that guy knows what he is talking about.

sTaLa
09-16-2006, 11:55 AM
response trigger with a spring? :p

Well... I'm not too sure. True the spring will make the tigger comes forward faster, but it will make it harder to press it... so at the end you won't win that much...

craltal
09-16-2006, 02:12 PM
Well... I'm not too sure. True the spring will make the tigger comes forward faster, but it will make it harder to press it... so at the end you won't win that much...

I can sort of see where the guy is coming from with his alignment/ air restriction thought is coming from, but as long as the gun fires I wouldn't worry about it. I have valves that both liked alignment and didn't.

:shooting:

MikeRosenthal
09-17-2006, 09:01 AM
There are other restrictions in the valve that are smaller than the openeing between the halves. It really shouldn't make any differance.

-MR