PDA

View Full Version : balls breaking?

SR_matt
09-16-2006, 07:10 AM
ok guys heres what i have

ule mag, properly tuned lvl X, ULT 1 shim added over factory set, inteli frame

thats all that really matters, i got this mag built and tuned at AGD and jsut got it in. i started to put paint through it and i was breaking paint on the bolt, not choping b ut the paint was blowing up. i swaped the spring and rechronoed like is suggested and that worked for the most part but im wondering if old paint can really have that big of a problem in a mag. i really want to keep the efficenty as high as possiable so i would prefer to be able to go back to the original spring setup.

has anyone else had this problem with old paint?

thanks
-matt

Danimal82
09-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Personally I have never had a problem with ball breakage, and I have shot some really old paint through my mag. I think it has a lot to do with what quality paint. My brother bought a case of Allstar paint 2 years ago and had a couple bags left. I thought for sure that they were trash, but they worked fine. I was surprised there werent any dimples. Allstars have a totally different type of shell though.

Head knight of Ni
09-16-2006, 12:34 PM
If it's not chopping but the paint seems to "explode" in the barrel your barrel may be too tight for the paint you were using.
The only other thing I can think of is if your level 10 chuffs it can push a ball halfway down the barrel, this causes your next shot to ram into the squib. Sometimes instead of the ball in the barrel breaking you'll get a "double shot".

SR_matt
09-16-2006, 01:55 PM
i figured out it was bad paint,

stupid old paint.

but i did have a problem using my RT on off i tried to swap it out and all i got was insane FA that couldnt let my reloader b feed in even.

-matt