PDA

View Full Version : Two unrelated questions..

Shirow
09-16-2006, 10:10 AM
I'm looking to replace a couple of things and I'm wondering what your suggestions are.

I currently have this gas through foregrip on my gun:

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/6117/shirowmagvs7.th.jpg (http://img167.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shirowmagvs7.jpg)

I'd like to replace it with a shorter one. I was looking at the CP mini gas through on actionvillage but they have no measurements.. does anyone know if this one is shorter (or know of a shorter one?)

I'm also looking to replace my mask - right now I have a DYE invision and the only thing I don't really like about it is that replacing the lens is such a PITA. I like to swap between clear/tinted lenses for indoor/outdoor and it's a real annoyance with this mask. Are the new DYE masks any better or is a Proteus or something decent and easy to change? The Proteus is only $20 nowadays (remember when they were $80ish!) so if that's still a good mask with easy to change lenses, I'd like to pick one up.

Thanks for any help!

shorty24
09-16-2006, 10:45 AM
CP mini IS shorter than yours, although I don't have exact measurements...

wimag
09-16-2006, 10:59 AM
wow i remember you from years back. Playing against you at BFG tournies. good to see you back into it.

You can get Proteus masks on ebay dirt cheap. the lens change is the same as all the spectras they have. I picked one up a few months ago and am very pleased with it.

Shirow
09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
CP mini IS shorter than yours, although I don't have exact measurements...

It looks kinda fat. Would it hit my trigger guard?

Shirow
09-16-2006, 11:01 AM
wow i remember you from years back. Playing against you at BFG tournies. good to see you back into it.

You can get Proteus masks on ebay dirt cheap. the lens change is the same as all the spectras they have. I picked one up a few months ago and am very pleased with it.

Word.. I did use to play w/ mad cow at BFG, do you still go there? I might stop down and shoot off a few rounds one night :)

Looks like actionvillage has proteus for $20.. seems pretty damn cheap.

wimag
09-16-2006, 11:08 AM
negative, havent been there in years. just went to half a dozen or so tournaments. Apoc and Stalker are pretty much both in my back yard. though i do travel to splat Camp and Sams for the bigger games.

the mask i bought was actually bought on a whim. It came with this voice activated system for hands free talking if i care to go all out and get into the big scenario games. Hell for 35 bucks it was had to reisist.

you should go to Sams big game in a few weeks.

Word.. I did use to play w/ mad cow at BFG, do you still go there? I might stop down and shoot off a few rounds one night :)

Looks like actionvillage has proteus for $20.. seems pretty damn cheap.

Shirow
09-16-2006, 01:39 PM
negative, havent been there in years. just went to half a dozen or so tournaments. Apoc and Stalker are pretty much both in my back yard. though i do travel to splat Camp and Sams for the bigger games.

the mask i bought was actually bought on a whim. It came with this voice activated system for hands free talking if i care to go all out and get into the big scenario games. Hell for 35 bucks it was had to reisist.

you should go to Sams big game in a few weeks.

I was thinking about it - I want to, but none of my friends really do, and it kinda sucks going alone.

wimag
09-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I hear ya on that. There are going to be a dozen or so from this board going so at least you have someone to run with if yo choose to do so. Look me up I will be there.

Shirow
09-16-2006, 02:57 PM
I hear ya on that. There are going to be a dozen or so from this board going so at least you have someone to run with if yo choose to do so. Look me up I will be there.

Well, it's just knowing who's who out of 300 guys ;) That would be cool, though.

wimag
09-16-2006, 03:33 PM
Well, it's just knowing who's who out of 300 guys ;) That would be cool, though.

well if you decide to go just PM me and i can give you my cell number. I will be there with a few other old schoolers.

Shirow
09-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Cool, will do, thanks man.

Now I just have to decide before then if I want to keep running my warp or switch to a VF ULE body.. hopefully I can figure that out before I need to shoot ;p

warbeak2099
09-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Lol, Spectra lenses are the hardest to change. If a Proteus is the same as Spectra, you don't want one. Anything from Vforce is perfect for what you want. The lenses change in seconds.

Shirow
09-16-2006, 06:48 PM
Lol, Spectra lenses are the hardest to change. If a Proteus is the same as Spectra, you don't want one. Anything from Vforce is perfect for what you want. The lenses change in seconds.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

blamtro
09-16-2006, 06:52 PM
PMing you about a black CP mini gas through fore grip I have.