PDA

View Full Version : possible SCAM

RA1N1ER
09-16-2006, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry to post this one guys buy I beleive that this is an appropriate topic regarding
Confused+Paintball=Broke . We had agreed on his post in regards to the Trilogy marker package for $80. I had sent him the money thru paypal on the 27th of August under his name in the transaction Thomas Coomer and communicated with his email under
hockeynoodles020@yahoo.com. I've tried communicating with him thru AO, his email as listed and no reply until today.... What is a guy to do... please HELP..

thanks for reading and listening....

PyRo
09-16-2006, 05:31 PM
File for non-receipt with paypal.

CKY_Alliance
09-16-2006, 11:05 PM
I'm sorry to post this one guys buy I beleive that this is an appropriate topic regarding
Confused+Paintball=Broke . We had agreed on his post in regards to the Trilogy marker package for $80. I had sent him the money thru paypal on the 27th of August under his name in the transaction Thomas Coomer and communicated with his email under
hockeynoodles020@yahoo.com. I've tried communicating with him thru AO, his email as listed and no reply until today.... What is a guy to do... please HELP..

thanks for reading and listening....

that email sounds odly familiar lemme go through my pm's real quick.

~well didnt see anything in my pms from him...maybe i saw it in another thread...if i make the connection and it might help ill let ya know. hope you get your money back..and ye just tell paypal about it.

Rudz
09-16-2006, 11:08 PM
hockeynoodles had issues on here before , maybe he changed his screen name..

behemoth
09-16-2006, 11:17 PM
hockeynoodles had issues on here before , maybe he changed his screen name..

MarkM had one of his threads stickied for a while.

He was accused of scamming a whole bunch of people IIRc.

Rudz
09-17-2006, 12:27 AM
MarkM had one of his threads stickied for a while.

He was accused of scamming a whole bunch of people IIRc.

BINGO!!!

MANN
09-17-2006, 12:47 AM
I am almost positive that I have sold something to him before. Did you paypal to his account hockeynoodles020@yahoo.com If so I will check my info and try to get you his info. pm me as I probally wont remember this tommorow morning. Ive had 2 or 3 too many :spit_take

RA1N1ER
09-17-2006, 02:24 AM
That's the same email MANN... could you please.. thanks bro..

Pyroboy597
09-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I just googles his username and found that he lives in Yakima, Washington.

This is a picture of him in front of a car hes selling, not that it helps you out..

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2436000-2436999/2436961_1_full.jpg

billybob_81067
09-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I just googles his username and found that he lives in Yakima, Washington.

This is a picture of him in front of a car hes selling, not that it helps you out..

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/12/web/2436000-2436999/2436961_1_full.jpg

Heck that pic definately helps... now he knows who to shoot at when he takes his trip to Yakima... ;)

RA1N1ER
09-19-2006, 08:05 PM
I greatly appreciate your help felas.. let's see what the authorities ca do with this info..

Blurry
01-30-2007, 06:09 PM
I purchased a psp and games and such from this individual on August 27 2006. The total I paid him was 215 Dollars. I filed a dispute with the folks at paypal and won the dispute for him not sending me the item but they told me that they could not return my money because he did not have the funds in his paypal account anyone on here know any of his personal information it would really help.

Shortly after I paid him for the items the thread was deleted. But I still have all the emails and paypal conversations and such.

Thanks
Adam

MANN
01-30-2007, 06:20 PM
if you post his name we may be able to help

Blurry
01-30-2007, 06:23 PM
if you post his name we may be able to help
Its the same individual Rain1er was talking about confused+paintball+=broke

AKA Thomas Coomer

This same person scammed me.

Thanks
Adam

Circle
01-30-2007, 06:41 PM
I sold him something years ago.
Everything went fine.

Anyone ever do any business with that Derek Rhodes guy?

behemoth
01-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I sold him something years ago.
Everything went fine.

Anyone ever do any business with that Derek Rhodes guy?

paging SCpoloRicker

Blurry
01-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Do you still have his contact information. State, Town, Anything?

Blurry
01-31-2007, 10:56 AM
[QUOTE=Circle]I sold him something years ago.
Everything went fine.

Do you still have his contact information. State, Town, Anything?

Blurry
02-08-2007, 06:07 PM
up Anyone have any info on this guy. So far I know he plays hockey, I see theres a po box in duvall washington for him. Anyone else figure anything out

PyRo
02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I wonder. Could you file in small claims court if you have his name, address, correspondence between the two of you, and proof of payment?
The letter he gets may be enough to make him make good on the deal. If not he certainly won't show up to court on the other side of the country and the judgment will default against him provided you have something resembling a case.
Could/would the court do anything to enforce that judgment? Probably not for under a certain amount of money right?

Lohman446
02-08-2007, 08:11 PM
I wonder. Could you file in small claims court if you have his name, address, correspondence between the two of you, and proof of payment?
The letter he gets may be enough to make him make good on the deal. If not he certainly won't show up to court on the other side of the country and the judgment will default against him provided you have something resembling a case.
Could/would the court do anything to enforce that judgment? Probably not for under a certain amount of money right?

Fine. You win. How do you collect? At least around here courts will not enforce a judgement, you can attach to wages and assetts, but collecting is hard in most cases.

PyRo
02-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Fine. You win. How do you collect? At least around here courts will not enforce a judgement, you can attach to wages and assetts, but collecting is hard in most cases.
That's why I asked a question. I figured for that amount will they contact the other juristiction to go about attaching wages or seizing assets. But hey, it's an idea.

Why did you never file with paypal? They just about always side with the buyer.

Lohman446
02-09-2007, 06:59 AM
That's why I asked a question. I figured for that amount will they contact the other juristiction to go about attaching wages or seizing assets. But hey, it's an idea.

Why did you never file with paypal? They just about always side with the buyer.

Because people who scam with paypal don't leave enough money in there paypal account for paypal to force the refund. Paypal does not have the authority to take something out of your bank account without your permission. There only power is to not allow you to use that paypal account until you comply. So even though you win the dispute, you get nothing.

Blurry
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
I filed with paypal and won but because the individual did not have the funds in his account I didnt get a thing.

Thanks
Adam

PyRo
02-09-2007, 06:07 PM
Because people who scam with paypal don't leave enough money in there paypal account for paypal to force the refund. Paypal does not have the authority to take something out of your bank account without your permission. There only power is to not allow you to use that paypal account until you comply. So even though you win the dispute, you get nothing.
Some people are stupid and it doesn't take much energy to file a claim with them. It doesn't hurt to do so. Apparently he did though and the guy wasn't a complete idiot.

Perhaps it's time for a road trip?

Lakeview Bulldog
02-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Contact the Police in his hometown and file a theft by deception report. Don't bother with small claims. It would take more money to collect than what he owes you. Just find the numbers for HIS local police dept. Chances are the cops there might already know him. He's probably a criminal in his hometown if he;s one on the net. Good luck.