PDA

View Full Version : Macroline question and others.

GKL_image
12-27-2001, 08:02 AM
Hello all.
I am relitivly new to Automags and the high end type of markers. I just got an RT pro for Christmass and love it. Only problem is I had no clue how to hook up my 68ci flatline so I went to my local store hopeing they would teach me. All they did was take my gun make me sign a paper and one day later a got a my gun back with a macroline set up. I have no idea how it works or how to take it off. I did a search on it but it did not tell me what I wanted.

1)I would like to know how to remove the Macroline so I can oil my new gun (this is how you oil it right?).

2) I was wondering if my RT pro has the intellifram all ready on it or if I ordered it to late. It has a double triger and dye grip if that helps

3) How do I adjust the input pressure on my flatline? Is it the little gold colored thing above the gauges?

Thank you all

GK

GKL_image
12-27-2001, 08:30 AM
Sorry should be in Tech :D newbie mistake

DYE-BaLLeR
12-27-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by irbodden
I can't answer number 3 for ya, but on the first two:

1. To oil it you can drop a few drops in the ASA (where you screw the gun in)

u mean where u screw the tank in but since its not a screw in tank there is no asa.

PsychoMag
12-27-2001, 08:52 AM
get rid of the macroline and get a quick-disconnect, preferably Pro-Connects. But for now, push in the sleeve around the macroline to remove it(do this at the valve, not the tank) and put a few drops of oil in the fitting. You will probably have to trim the macroline before reinstalling, therefore a nice pair of wire dykes are a must. Trim the macro just about an 1/8" and reinsert. then air up and fire the marker WITHOUT a barrel.

DO NOT put oil IN the macroline. The oil weakens the macro and causes it to swell.

If I remember correctly the Flatline is adjusted on the end. The gold fitting by the guages are a safety feature to protect from over pressurizing.

GKL_image
12-27-2001, 10:12 AM
What is a quick-disconect? Will I be able to install is myself?

DYE-BaLLeR
12-27-2001, 10:32 AM
yea u can hook it up yourself its kinda a way to make it so u can disconect your stainless steel hose without unscrewing everything. just make sure u teflon tape all the threads so you dont get leaks.

PsychoMag
12-27-2001, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by DYE-BaLLeR
yea u can hook it up yourself its kinda a way to make it so u can disconect your stainless steel hose without unscrewing everything. just make sure u teflon tape all the threads so you dont get leaks. Use a LOC-TITE type of sealer and forget about hte problems with teflon tape. DO it once and do it right. I would recommend Pro-Connects. They cost more, but they are lifetime warranteed against breakdown and leaks.

Lone Gunman
12-27-2001, 11:15 AM
For now you do not have to worry about the quick-disconnect; it is something you have to worry about with stainless steel lines.

3) Ok, the gold thing about the gauges is a safety feature I think? To adjust the output pressure, there is a bolt with an alen head hole in it (looks like the velocity adjuster that comes out of the back of the gun). To increase pressure (more reactive trigger) turn the bolt clockwise when it is facing you, turn it counter-clockwise to decrease pressure (less reactive).

2) To tell if you have the Intelliframe, there should be AGD stamped into the frame above the trigger. Or if it looks like this (also comes in black and matte black):

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/accessorie/iframechromeshadow_lg.jpg

(Woohoo, my FIRST posting of a picture!)

1) To take the macro-line off, push the line in, grasp the fitting, particularly the end where the line goes into, then just pull the line out.

Then once the line is out of the fitting, just put a few drops of oil in the fitting closest to the gun. Push the macro line into the fitting as far as possible and give it a little tug to seat it. Then remove the barrel (turn it and pull out), gas the gun up and fire off 25 or so shots, replace the barrel and you are ready.

GKL_image
12-27-2001, 11:43 AM
Thank you to all for answering my dumb newbie questions. I do have an intellifram I removed the macroline and oiled my gun, I also have been adjusting the input press to find the right setting for me. I will see about geting an SS line and quick-disconnect.
I look forword to knowing the ins and outs of my RT pro and all mags and becoming a dedicated AO member.

GK

Potatoboy
12-27-2001, 11:50 AM
Sounds like you have all of your tech problems answered, welcome to the family. If you fill in the Location in the User Control panel you might end up meeting someone in your area to show you the Automag "ropes".

PsychoMag
12-27-2001, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Lone Gunman
For now you do not have to worry about the quick-disconnect; it is something you have to worry about with stainless steel lines.

3) Ok, the gold thing about the gauges is a safety feature I think? To adjust the output pressure, there is a bolt with an alen head hole in it (looks like the velocity adjuster that comes out of the back of the gun). To increase pressure (more reactive trigger) turn the bolt clockwise when it is facing you, turn it counter-clockwise to decrease pressure (less reactive).

2) To tell if you have the Intelliframe, there should be AGD stamped into the frame above the trigger. Or if it looks like this (also comes in black and matte black):

http://store.airgun.com/agdprod/images/accessorie/iframechromeshadow_lg.jpg

(Woohoo, my FIRST posting of a picture!)

1) To take the macro-line off, push the line in, grasp the fitting, particularly the end where the line goes into, then just pull the line out.

Then once the line is out of the fitting, just put a few drops of oil in the fitting closest to the gun. Push the macro line into the fitting as far as possible and give it a little tug to seat it. Then remove the barrel (turn it and pull out), gas the gun up and fire off 25 or so shots, replace the barrel and you are ready.
What is this a copy and paste session?? :)

GKL_image
12-27-2001, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the advice PotatoBoy:)