PDA

View Full Version : RPG Viperblade Pro

Shirow
09-17-2006, 05:22 PM
From themagsmith.com - can someone explain me how this is different from a regular trigger?

spacedtedybear
09-17-2006, 05:37 PM
The new trigger features roller bearings. :confused:

SR_matt
09-17-2006, 05:57 PM
they have triger stops (i cant see a need for the stops though, i mean i see the point behind it but i dont think they work to well on a mag... then again maybe mine isnt set up well for the use of them)

other than that it is just a different shape, personaly i dont think it is the best trigger shape to pick up and try to walk (the bottom part sticks out farther where ur middle finger is already going to hit and push mroe easily than ur index). dont get me wrong it is a nice trigger but it is one of the you like it or you hate it i think.

i hope that made sence
-matt

Triangle
09-17-2006, 05:58 PM
It turns your otherwise drab AGD into a supergun. Everything rogue is the best. Ever.
Seriously.

Shirow
09-17-2006, 07:16 PM
The new trigger features roller bearings. :confused:

What does this actually do though?

SR_matt
09-17-2006, 07:18 PM
makes teh trigger pull smother... supposedly
-matt

CKY_Alliance
09-17-2006, 09:42 PM
makes teh trigger pull smother... supposedly
-matt

supposedly...have u ever shot aQUALITY trigger with a roller bearing..the difference is incredible...some triggers w/out bearings are smooth but some are just gross the bearing cuts down on friction a ton.

cyrus-the-virus
09-17-2006, 09:43 PM
supposedly...have u ever shot aQUALITY trigger with a roller bearing..the difference is incredible...some triggers w/out bearings are smooth but some are just gross the bearing cuts down on friction a ton.

What exactly does the roller bearing do?

Sorry if this is a stupid question :D

Shirow
09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I was as big a skeptic as anyone. For the last few years maggers had asked me to make a roller bearing trigger. I thought it was a gimmick.

But then Tuna came out with his TunaBlade with the bearing, and I was sold. There was a noticeable difference.

Imagine RC cars with bushings vs. bearings. Thats the best comparison I can give you.

guess i will pick one up then

thanks for the info

not really sure what trigger stops are, but if it is that much smoother i'd definitely like to get one. is it easy to install?

cyrus-the-virus
09-17-2006, 10:14 PM
I was as big a skeptic as anyone. For the last few years maggers had asked me to make a roller bearing trigger. I thought it was a gimmick.

But then Tuna came out with his TunaBlade with the bearing, and I was sold. There was a noticeable difference.

Imagine RC cars with bushings vs. bearings. Thats the best comparison I can give you.

Nope doesen't do it for me :D

But What do they do for you? How do they work? What do they do a normal trigger doesent do?

eNder159
09-17-2006, 10:21 PM
well coming from a devilmag perspective i imagine the roller bearingwill help eliminate the spring that returns the trigger because the force on the microswitch will be enough to overcome the friction on the rollerbearing point...i know the CP roller on my dm4 makes it suppper smooth and fast because i can just tap the side of the trigger and itll rip im hoping this will happen on my devilmag

im on a 50/50 basis right now..everytime i go on themagsmith.com i can't bring my self to click the button...

mobsterboy
09-17-2006, 10:32 PM
It turns your otherwise drab AGD into a supergun. Everything rogue is the best. Ever.
Seriously.

long time no see. welcome back

Shirow
09-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Anyone got a pic of the trigger? No pic @ themagsmith

CKY_Alliance
09-18-2006, 01:19 PM
Nope doesen't do it for me :D

But What do they do for you? How do they work? What do they do a normal trigger doesent do?

The bearing cuts down on friction and makes smoother...think about a skateboard wheel on the truck (axle) without a bearing in it compared to a normal wheel with bearing....

and trigger stops shorten you post and pre travel on your trigger...other words it shortens your trigger pull..you know how you can pull the trigger and it trips the sear but you can still pull the back..well the trigger stop eliminates this post travel..and you can put one in the top of the trigger too to shorten the forward travel...pretty much every electronic gun has them so next time your around one just look at the little screws in the trigger... so ye there ya go hope that helps. :cheers:

rogue you should consider making dm6 triggers..

Tool-of-death
09-18-2006, 01:24 PM
The bearing cuts down on friction and makes smoother...think about a skateboard wheel on the truck (axle) without a bearing in it compared to a normal wheel with bearing....

and trigger stops shorten you post and pre travel on your trigger...other words it shortens your trigger pull..you know how you can pull the trigger and it trips the sear but you can still pull the back..well the trigger stop eliminates this post travel..and you can put one in the top of the trigger too to shorten the forward travel...pretty much every electronic gun has them so next time your around one just look at the little screws in the trigger... so ye there ya go hope that helps. :cheers:

cool sounds niffty

Shirow
09-18-2006, 01:26 PM

So why is there a warning on the page about using trigger stops, that it can cause excessive wear on the gun?

I don't see how eliminating trigger post travel would do this.

SCpoloRicker
09-18-2006, 01:43 PM
Seriously.

YA RLY!

Tool-of-death
09-18-2006, 02:00 PM
So why is there a warning on the page about using trigger stops, that it can cause excessive wear on the gun?

I don't see how eliminating trigger post travel would do this.

scratches in the anno

Shirow
09-18-2006, 02:56 PM
There is a warning because they arent warrantied by AGD if improperly used. If improperly used, they can cause excessive wear.

Shortening travel limits the surface area where the sear catches the edge of the bolt.

Using trigger stops makes that surface area smaller, running the risk of chipping the lip of your sear and/or rounding the edge of your bolt. Both of which AGD will not replace because you decided to use trigger stops.

Thanks for the explanation.

Shirow
09-20-2006, 02:06 PM
So if I decided to use the trigger stops, does anyone have a walkthrough or guide on how to set them up properly in order to shorten the trigger pull without damaging the bolt/sear?

CKY_Alliance
09-20-2006, 04:07 PM
i believe there is a thread around here about that, search for it..or im sure rogue can.

Madmarx
09-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I like the RC car comparison. If this is a noticable difference then why not do a sear the same way?

egb groupie
09-20-2006, 04:15 PM
So if I decided to use the trigger stops, does anyone have a walkthrough or guide on how to set them up properly in order to shorten the trigger pull without damaging the bolt/sear?

Basically in my experience, the only trigger stop you need to use really is the one that controls the forward travel. On a viperblade, this is the set screw at the top of the trigger. It will take out the "slack" or "slop" of the trigger, and your trigger will rest directly on the trigger rod. Makes for a nice crisp pull with a quick let off. The other trigger stop which controls rearward travel, is not needed in my opinion, unless it is a very unusual setup that requires it. Due to vibrations of the gun during firing, I would experiment with where exactly the screw has to go for your trigger, and then loc-tite it with low strength loc-tite only, in case future adjustments are neccesary. The screws will, and have fallen out on me during rapid firing strings....

CKY_Alliance
09-20-2006, 04:18 PM
I like the RC car comparison. If this is a noticable difference then why not do a sear the same way?

they do for autocockers..and i was going to ask the like luke about making one but i dont shoot a mag so it wouldnt do me any good....

Lenny
09-20-2006, 11:09 PM
^^^CKY, I though RT sears have a bearing in them? I don't have an RT sear, so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

Rogue, any chance this'll fit in my UMF? I like the UMF trigger alot, don't get me wrong. Coolhand (forgot his real name) did a great job with the frame and trigger. I just think there's room for improvment with the trigger. If not, no big deal.

Thanks!

mobsterboy
09-20-2006, 11:21 PM
^^^CKY, I though RT sears have a bearing in them? I don't have an RT sear, so I'm not sure, but I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere.

Rogue, any chance this'll fit in my UMF? I like the UMF trigger alot, don't get me wrong. Coolhand (RYAN S.) did a great job with the frame and trigger. I just think there's room for improvment with the trigger. If not, no big deal.

Thanks!

oh, look, you remembered suddenly

Lenny
09-21-2006, 12:32 PM
No, it wont. Coolhand made his frames only to accept his triggers(from what Ive been told). RPG triggers are made to AGD specs and will fit my frames and AGD frames.
All right. Thanks.

CKY_Alliance
09-21-2006, 12:40 PM

Rogue, any chance this'll fit in my UMF? I like the UMF trigger alot, don't get me wrong. Coolhand (forgot his real name) did a great job with the frame and trigger. I just think there's room for improvment with the trigger. If not, no big deal.

Thanks!
I think your right..i think that brass piece may be a bearing.. i never really paid attention to it when i had a mag..and no longer have one for a reference. Rogue is the little brass piece a bearing or just a "cuff" or washer type thing to add some "meat" for the sear to rotate on?

egb groupie
09-21-2006, 02:50 PM
On the original RT, there was a bearing on the sear, but this was discontinued after the RT Pro came out and we now have the brass sleeve that is on the sear that you see today.

CKY_Alliance
09-21-2006, 03:08 PM
I see, ye i couldnt think of the proper terminology..did the sear add a roller trigger like feel? i sure it lessened the resistance some..that paired with a roller trigger and ULT would prolly make for a nice trigger... ever considered putting them into production rogue?

why did agd quit making them?

CKY_Alliance
09-21-2006, 06:06 PM
I see, na no plans to shoot a mag again...i like my matrices...smooth as butter, i think i should sell that phrase to dye... Dye DM28 "smooth as butter" mmmm butter :tard:

Shirow
09-21-2006, 07:52 PM
Well, I bought one so I'll let you guys know what I think :) What's the best tool to use to remove the trigger pin without damaging the gun?

SR_matt
09-21-2006, 07:54 PM
a punch that is jsut smaller than the pin
-matt

Shirow
09-21-2006, 08:24 PM
a punch that is jsut smaller than the pin
-matt

Guess I need to go find one of those then..

SR_matt
09-21-2006, 08:29 PM
you can get away with using a strong nail with the head filled down or an allen key that is smaller (but it is the "gheto" way)
-matt

Shirow
09-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Well, I did it the ghetto way and it's in. Air tank is empty or I'd try it out, but it sure looks nice.

I had to completely remove the trigger set screw, as I didn't want to use it, and you can't tighten it flush with the trigger, so it was bugging me..

Also seems like you can't use the forward screw with the safety on really, so I'll see how much smoother it feels at the field on Saturday.