PDA

View Full Version : What tools do you need to make an pneumag?

slateman
09-17-2006, 10:07 PM
So I'm reading the how to guide and it talks about cutting and the like. I wanna know, what tools are needed to make one? And how much "tool knowledge" is required?

The more I read up on this, the less easy it seems. :( Do people still make pneumag frames?

cyrus-the-virus
09-17-2006, 10:15 PM
So I'm reading the how to guide and it talks about cutting and the like. I wanna know, what tools are needed to make one? And how much "tool knowledge" is required?

The more I read up on this, the less easy it seems. :( Do people still make pneumag frames?

ask pneumagger I'm sure he'll be willing to tell you.

Pneumagger
09-17-2006, 11:22 PM
It's not to bad at all. Drill press or nice hand drill, dremmel or minimill, and a few bits/taps and cutting wheels.

Ever take a basic woods or shop class? Well, I haven't, but I'm sure it's not as hard as that.
(then again, attending class is always the hard part) :rofl:

slateman
09-17-2006, 11:24 PM
It's not to bad at all. Drill press or nice hand drill, dremmel or minimill, and a few bits/taps and cutting wheels.

Ever take a basic woods or shop class? Well, I haven't, but I'm sure it's not as hard as that.
(then again, attending class is always the hard part) :rofl:
Ummm . . . I have a dremmel :) Sent you a PM :D

Pneumagger
09-17-2006, 11:50 PM
yeah... I don't know about making them anytime soon. I am sort of backed up and need to finish the current one before I move on.

just a dremmel would work if you have skill with it

personman
09-17-2006, 11:56 PM
A dremel and a vice will be enough. Hand taps are cheap though, and are really nifty for securing things, and a drill press is really really really nice to go along with those taps but a steady hand, a dremel and a vice will do the same job.

CaliMagFan
09-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Hey there all...

seems to be a lot of scattered posts on do it yourself (DIY) pneu frames. some questions are getting answered and then getting burried. So, here are some of the links to pneu-mag resources and threads on AO.

Woodsball Willie- http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=200014 - nice large color diagram of what the basic components and operation of the pneumag concept.

Shingo - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=201012 - Good idea by shingo to start a pneumag central link page. we don't want good ideas to get burried, let's use this page.

I think the "how to" file that can be dowloaded from this page is INVALUABLE. mainly because there are a large ammount of pictures of currently finished mods. also the parts list .pdf gets you well aquainted with the parts with which you'll be working.

calimagfan (thats me) - http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202735 - this is the answer to a question about qev placement by pneumagger. maybe other people will have the same ? or will have a diff. answer. either way, it's a resource.

----Might I suggest that you spend about 3 good sessions of reading all the materials that are presented to you on this subject. I was able to understand the concept that is at work here fairly fast, but it took me a couple of days to really sit and think about implementing the design on my own marker, and what improvements/unique characteristics could I bring to my mod. I've spent a good deal of time wrapping my head around this project. I dont have a huge set of tools, I'm faily good with a tap and drill, and I have decent or good attention to mechanical detail. I strongly believe that people can do with mod all they need to do is sit down and to their homework on the issue before they go hacking up a trigger frame.--

any comments are welcome.

-kr

ahellers
09-18-2006, 05:22 AM
i think one of thouse pages needs to be stickied in the tech section.
t