PDA

View Full Version : microline vs. macroline

spyders03
09-18-2006, 03:37 PM
From my drop foreward to my gasthru grip, I am running mircoline? (smaller of the 2), and from the grip to the valve, stainless-braided. If I move up to macroline? (the bigger of the 2), will I gain anything, or should I just stay with the smaller of the two? Is there any real difference between them performance wise?

SR_matt
09-18-2006, 04:29 PM
micro isnt as strong as macro can be, you might get better recharge (more than likely will but its teh question of how much you will notice) i would suggest going with stainless from the drop to the grip if you can get it, it is a lot less to worry about. if you do stick to the macro line make sure you get the highpressure low flow area as apposed to the low pressure high flow area line.
-matt

Pneumagger
09-18-2006, 04:44 PM
microline sucks...replace it with High pressure rated macroline for a mag

Micro line'd outer diamer is probably the same as the inner diameter as the Macroline, so yeah, the macroline flows the best, easily. However, braided stainless flows even better than Macroline, but is not as versitile or replaceable. So the best setup is going to be Braided stainledd with Quick disconnects. The lightest will be all macroline. The all around worst is microline. You may starve your valve at high rates of fire easily.

shaunyoung000
09-19-2006, 10:47 PM
I like running my mag on highest pressure possible i.e. 800-1200 psi, this blows macroline faster than a lion onto bacon underwear. For which reason I use braided. I've scratched my mags a few times, so would suggest getting the shrink wrap for it too.

spyders03
09-19-2006, 11:44 PM
Thank you for everyones help, and I have replaces the mircoline with macroline, and it does seem to be more consistent. Thanks again to everyone.