PDA

View Full Version : Newsflash This Is A Contest

STR8 RIPPIN
09-18-2006, 10:03 PM
Hello my name is Dale Messenger and I have recently aquired a field.What I'm offering is this $200.00 dollars.For this I want people to come up with a Field name, store name ( domain name) and logo.This is a contest you may enter as many times as you wish.This contest will run for 1 Month from this date.At the end I will look at all the prospective entrys and pic a winner.Of course with every entry you must leave your email info so if you win I can contact you.This is for real and not a scam.I want people to have fun with this.I think this is a good idea and therefor I thought I would offer it to the masses.
Well goodluck you may leave posts here or pm me with them

BobTheCow
09-18-2006, 10:49 PM
Where's this complex located? City/State/(Country?)

kruger
09-18-2006, 11:36 PM
Painter's Emporium

foureds@comcast.net

Pneumagger
09-18-2006, 11:42 PM
a little info about the field type and location would help alot.

warbeak2099
09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
Yea is it speedball, indoor, woods, etc?

Shirow
09-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Name: I Paid $200 For Someone To Come Up With This Name
Domain: ipaidsomeone200dollarstocomeupwiththisname.com
Logo: :ninja:

shaunyoung000
09-19-2006, 12:24 PM
pmed.

STR8 RIPPIN
09-20-2006, 04:56 PM
The field is located in Somerset ,Pennsylvania.The field is a 150 acre scenario ball field.I also have 2 speedball courses I will have set up as well.I figured there would be the smart @#$es that make fun but this is for real.I only do this to try to get people involved.Players always want to be part of something so heres your chance.

STR8 RIPPIN
09-20-2006, 04:59 PM
SORRY SHIROW,

ALL THE COOL ONES LIKE DIGITALGUNFIRE.COM WERE TAKEN.

Does that even make an ounce of sense.Digitalgunfire??????
hum

But hey thanxs for posting .

Pyroboy597
09-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Blitzkrieg Paintball
Dedication Paintball
Strike Paintball

:dance: Paintball

Danimal82
09-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Splat Tactics Paintball

Dtolds@sbcglobal.net

The Action Figure
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Total Rebellion Paintball

Upstaterebellion@hotmail.com

shaunyoung000
09-20-2006, 10:46 PM
pmed again

pennywise
09-20-2006, 11:56 PM
"I Can't Believe It's Not Agg!"

:ninja:

Sk8ermog
09-21-2006, 04:58 AM
PMed and emailed you my serious entry. Thank you for posting this contest.

STR8 RIPPIN
09-21-2006, 04:48 PM
well well well,the list keeps growing and some mighty fine names have been mentioned.Not bad for the first week. But the hard part is the logos! Something jazzy ,something snappy.But really you guys are awesome thanx so much for stopping and entering it realy means alot. But we have a lot of time left so put on them there thinking caps.

rkjunior303
09-21-2006, 04:51 PM
"I'm too cheap to hire a graphic designer" paintball.

behemoth
09-21-2006, 05:04 PM

I thought the same thing, then i thought 'why not make it fun...'

But honestly, if you told us a name you liked, and some colors and such, we could pump out some good logos, publications, etc.

Indignant
09-21-2006, 05:06 PM

it has a nice ring to it.

STR8 RIPPIN
09-22-2006, 08:59 AM
Its not that I'm to cheap its simply just trying to get people involved.Make fun if you wish or don't post.I already have 3 web designers and graphic designers on my paintball team already.Getting them to do it would be no big deal.I just thought this would be fun to see what crazy things people can come up with.So post what you will.

starchief1959
09-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Predator Paintball

http://tkfiles.storage.msn.com/x1pUr2osLO3XWhdYHlva0SLfASYsxUH1J1pfm375hlP1OQ6IqR 4RdIZgjcA_pnRdDoDMcH2hJg-N2weP6W_Ino5iJg4ylJ_LipF7ruGlstOvYngCuP-LMQoigFoO5iWVTUiG9QAh-sGXFk

Don't know why everyone is so afraid to show their ideas.

You know who has the originals.....

Pmed you Str8 Rippin

Tool-of-death
09-22-2006, 11:39 AM
"blind riflemen paintball"

http://www.blindriflemn.com/ (< not real website(I think)

(Image posted later I am working on it)

shorty24
09-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Outsiders Paintball

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7023/outsidersmu4.jpg

outsiderspaintball.com

...or something

hs2000
09-23-2006, 12:08 AM
http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/679/paintballlogoqt3.th.jpg (http://img57.imageshack.us/my.php?image=paintballlogoqt3.jpg)

Here's mine, and as a professional graphic designer, $200 is not enough money (but yet I made one anyway, go figure).

Edit; click on it to make it bigger, it looks better bigger, I'm not sure why it comes in so small.

mcdkid
09-23-2006, 12:35 AM
can be cleaned up, and more work time done. here is the basic idea-

http://i9.tinypic.com/48m2wqx.jpg

StrikePB.com

mcdkid@gmail.com

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
09-23-2006, 07:51 AM
Camp (insert your City's name)

STR8 RIPPIN
09-23-2006, 08:48 AM
holy crap there are some very good ones this contest is going to be harder to judge then i thought.once again I want to thank everyone for entering

RRfireblade
09-23-2006, 09:43 AM
Anytime "Contest" , "Free Money" and "email address" go together I go hmm. :ninja:

Shirow
09-23-2006, 10:14 AM
Anytime "Contest" , "Free Money" and "email address" go together I go hmm. :ninja:

I know. Plus he rejected my entry, which IMO was the best here.

hs2000
09-23-2006, 11:12 AM
so when does this contest end? and when can I collect my money?

Danimal82
09-23-2006, 11:54 AM
How do you upload images to the thread. I seem to be having trouble.

Shirow
09-23-2006, 01:15 PM
SORRY SHIROW,

ALL THE COOL ONES LIKE DIGITALGUNFIRE.COM WERE TAKEN.

Does that even make an ounce of sense.Digitalgunfire??????
hum

But hey thanxs for posting .

HEY THAT WAS A GREAT RETORT I WILL GIVE YOU $200 IF YOU LET ME USE IT!!!

I'll tell you the story, if you like, since you seem so interested.

So, back in the year 2001, I was creating an Internet radio station (all by myself, I didn't even pay somebody $200 to help me!) and I needed a name.

I was planning to play industrial/ebm music (yes, it's all electronic bleeps and it all sounds the same and they don't play any real instruments and I'm probably one of those guys who bats for the other team because I don't listen to Black Sabbath or whatever is cool amongst rednecks nowadays) and I needed a fitting name for the station. So, my friend and I were listening to Atari Teenage Riot at the time, both somewhat drunk, and we listened to the song 'The Future Of War'.

And my friend was ALL LIKE - DUDE. YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUTURE OF WAR IS?

And I said, nuclear bombs or some such thing?

And he was ALL LIKE. No. DUDE. DIGITAL GUNFIRE!!!

And I was like.. O WORD.

So then it was born. So I was just curious, how will this $200 prize be paid out? PayPal? Money order? Paintballs? I would just like to share with you why I am so unbelieving of your wonderful idea:

As I'm sure you are aware, being a high powered businessman and all, having random people on the Internet create logos for your new business is probably not going to turn out for the best. You say you have graphic designers working for you - I'm slightly bemused as to why you wouldn't have a professional create a professional name and image for you if you actually want to make any money. If the only reason is that you would have to pay them, then gg for you.

Typically I would think this is some troll thread but I don't really see the punchline (unless it will end with HAHA I MADE YOU GUYS SPEND 12 MINUTES MAKING SOME TEXT BASED LOGO FOR ME IN WINDOWS PAINT OWNED) in which case I'm not sure anybody is really going to be terribly upset.

What do I know though?

STR8 RIPPIN
09-23-2006, 01:25 PM
contest will end October 18th that is a wednesday.The winner will be posted Friday the 20th I then will contact him/her via email and setup payment via paypal,check or moneyorder whish ever they prefer.If it is check or money order I will overnight it to them.

STR8 RIPPIN
09-23-2006, 01:44 PM
Shirow there is no punch line the contest is simple.And yes once I find a name that I like I intend to make any necessary changes to the logo.Hey say what you want I don't care dude.I think the contest is a great idea if you don't who cares look at another thread;better yet go listen to some digitalgunfire.Listen some people have taken alot of time to come up with there ideas,alot of work to get the logo.Don't start posting stupid crap making people feel bad.We get it your not into the contest so stay out keep your stupid little comments to yourself dude.Listen I'm not into this thing to make an @$$ load of money like the majority of people are that is the whole problem with paintball.I want to make a field effordable for people to come play at, not to sell paint to them marked up triple the price as they initually bought it for.Paintball is an awesome sport and a loads of fun.I just want people to remember that.
As I stated before the winners name logo will be posted here for all to see and I will contact them for payment.However they prefer.This is no scam no joke, there is no hidden punch line.This contest is real and I hope people take it that way.This contest not only helps me but it helps the people entering,maybe they will find something out about themselfs a hidden talent.But either way its for real

STR8 RIPPIN
09-23-2006, 01:47 PM
How do you upload images to the thread. I seem to be having trouble.

If your haveing problems you can also pm your entery to me

Shirow
09-23-2006, 02:37 PM
Shirow there is no punch line the contest is simple.And yes once I find a name that I like I intend to make any necessary changes to the logo.Hey say what you want I don't care dude.I think the contest is a great idea if you don't who cares look at another thread;better yet go listen to some digitalgunfire.Listen some people have taken alot of time to come up with there ideas,alot of work to get the logo.Don't start posting stupid crap making people feel bad.We get it your not into the contest so stay out keep your stupid little comments to yourself dude.Listen I'm not into this thing to make an @$$ load of money like the majority of people are that is the whole problem with paintball.I want to make a field effordable for people to come play at, not to sell paint to them marked up triple the price as they initually bought it for.Paintball is an awesome sport and a loads of fun.I just want people to remember that.
As I stated before the winners name logo will be posted here for all to see and I will contact them for payment.However they prefer.This is no scam no joke, there is no hidden punch line.This contest is real and I hope people take it that way.This contest not only helps me but it helps the people entering,maybe they will find something out about themselfs a hidden talent.But either way its for real

Sorry I offended you, it is obvious to me you understand how to run a profitable business and are an intelligent chap.

Good luck in your endeavour.

STR8 RIPPIN
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Thanks Shirow

I'm just trying to do somethingm fun thats all.By the way thanks to everyone entering in the contest alot of great ideas so far.More coming in everyday.

matteusz
09-27-2006, 10:59 AM
Somerset Paintball Park

Somerset Paint Games

Pennsylvania Paint Games

Pennsylvania Paintball Arena

Shooters Paintball Park

matteusz@hotmail.com

Logo should be simple something like a paintball splat or a
gun n splat easy to see and recognize small or huge.

:ninja: works for me but your webby friends can do way better

Name with local in it will tell players where you are and what you are. The sport itself and your prices/ contests / awesome setup with good refs will bring em in.

CKY_Alliance
09-27-2006, 12:46 PM
Lifestyle Paintball

" It's more then just a game!"

ill work on a logo later...

Derangedpaintball at gmail.com

^^^^^^^^
email adress

STR8 RIPPIN
09-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Some very interesting names comin in we only have 20 days togo so lets get cracking and get those entries in .Have several logos to chose from a bunch of name but no logos.LETS GO contest will not last forever

STR8 RIPPIN
10-04-2006, 05:11 PM
The days are winding down.Hurrry and get your entry in before the deadline.From the ones I have see there are an easy 5 at the top of the list.2 are in this forum alone.So lets put those thinking caps on and come up with some wicked S%^&!!!!!

Once again thanks for entering in the contest.

don miguel
10-04-2006, 06:53 PM
how about THE BATTLEFIELD paintball park, "where heroes are made". and for the proshop, how about THE ELITE BARRACKS, or just ELITE BARRACKS. I think that if it is going to be a cool paintball place it should have a military theme. Like ghillie on the walls. :cheers: good luck dale!

don miguel
10-04-2006, 07:16 PM
I have another suggestion, You should support, sell, and service automags. Very few people do it, thats why it would be good. Mabe have a few emags in the store if they sell grow the veriety of AGD markers and parts. If they sell keep growing. If automags don't work for you then dont hurt your buisness, but I think you should service and repair them.

-don

warbeak2099
10-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Battlefield Park is a cool name but "Elite Barracks" is really awkward. If you're going to use a military theme, use a real military term. Like maybe the Armory. Or perhaps the Wardroom for like a lounge area. Hey if you had a restaurant connected you could call it the chow hall!

don miguel
10-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Battlefield Park is a cool name but "Elite Barracks" is really awkward. If you're going to use a military theme, use a real military term. Like maybe the Armory. Or perhaps the Wardroom for like a lounge area. Hey if you had a restaurant connected you could call it the chow hall!

good point

STR8 RIPPIN
10-06-2006, 02:16 PM
I have has some very cool military related names come in but no logos thats a problem.I can't see giving the prize just for a name.They must have a logo.

Very good point about the guillie suits though thats a great idea.The location I have is a good one but instead of putting up a BUILDING.I will have huge army tents.More military feel! And at the command posts they will have military tents as well instead of those stupid pop up ones.

BUT THANKS FOR POSTING AND THE COUNT DOWN IS ON!!!!!

ONLY 11 days to go

and P.S. there is a guy on my team who is totally into mags its crazy.I'mhoping if any mags come my way he will be more than happy to repair them!!!
( he's accutually working on one I bought right now)

AZ_09
10-06-2006, 06:29 PM
If you do pick a title, like Predator Paintball, id check and see if its not copyrighted by Tag(isnt that the company that makes the board?). Tag might have a copyright on the Predator name in paintball. Or is that not how copyrights work?

heres some that arent that great
- Need For Speed Paintball "NFS paintball" for short
- Quiet Rush Paintball
- Shock and Awe(sp?)
- Live-Wire

I dont have photoshop or anything good to work with for logos. But hey, maybe the ones i thought of will give you ideas for something good. Maybe ill think of something good during a test or something soon. Good Luck

AtreyuSK
10-07-2006, 02:53 PM
Pennsylvania Velocity
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7428/pvpbsw7.gif

PVPB.com

STR8 RIPPIN
10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Pennsylvania Velocity
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/7428/pvpbsw7.gif

PVPB.com

I like that very simple yet preaty cool thanx for entering

Triangle
10-07-2006, 06:56 PM
There's already a Velocity Paintball here in San Diego.

don miguel
10-09-2006, 10:52 AM
I have has some very cool military related names come in but no logos thats a problem.I can't see giving the prize just for a name.They must have a logo.

Very good point about the guillie suits though thats a great idea.The location I have is a good one but instead of putting up a BUILDING.I will have huge army tents.More military feel! And at the command posts they will have military tents as well instead of those stupid pop up ones.

BUT THANKS FOR POSTING AND THE COUNT DOWN IS ON!!!!!

ONLY 11 days to go

and P.S. there is a guy on my team who is totally into mags its crazy.I'mhoping if any mags come my way he will be more than happy to repair them!!!
( he's accutually working on one I bought right now)
I would love to go to your place. and p,ay paintball. You should have a BBQ everyday there, military style with an open fire and a pig. (like the movies) :dance:

Sk8ermog
10-11-2006, 08:07 AM
Here are some of my entries from the titles you stated that you liked out of the list I sent you.

LANDING ZONE Paintball
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/rgunn4/landingzonepaintball2.jpg

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/rgunn4/landingzonepaintball.jpg

Napalm Fields
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/rgunn4/napalmfieldspaintball.jpg

Out of Bounds Paintball
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/rgunn4/outofboundspaintball.jpg

Freak Zone Paintball
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/rgunn4/freakzonepaintball.jpg

Firefight Paintball
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/rgunn4/firefightpaintball.jpg

Web addresses are still available for all these company names. Simply add a .com at the end of any of those titles. I have a few more ideas, but this is at least a start. If you give me an idea of which you like so I can focus more on that one over the others. Or if you like the look of one, but want the name of another to be with it I can do that. Let me know what you think and again sorry for the delay.

email: rgunn4@hotmail.com

STR8 RIPPIN
10-11-2006, 12:45 PM
Very cool! Nice job on all the entries.They all look great!

STR8 RIPPIN
10-16-2006, 04:08 PM
Well the end is near! So hurry up and get your entries in!October 18th is the last day at midnight no other enteries will be aloud!!You have 2 days to go lets get them ideas in.

Also I wish to thank all who entered and even stopped to look!!!
COME FRIDAY SOMEONE WILL BE $200 DOLLARS RICHER

STR8 RIPPIN
10-19-2006, 02:15 PM
The Contest Is Over All Enterys Will Be Judge And The Winner Will Be Posted Tomorrow!!!!

Thanks Again For All Who Entered

STR8 RIPPIN
10-20-2006, 11:15 AM
The winner for the contest is Sk8ermog.He had multiple enterys and worked very hard on all of them.I would like to thank him very much.He has been contacted and once he replys payment will be made.This is the logo design as well as field name

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k194/STR8RIPPIN_2006/napalmfieldspaintball.jpg

CKY_Alliance
10-20-2006, 11:56 AM
ehh, napalm fields..dont u think you should add like paintball to that..so you dont get a bunch of military re-enactors.. anyway where is your field located and al the jazz?...speedball,woods, or both?...let us know how it goes.

STR8 RIPPIN
10-20-2006, 02:02 PM
The field will be located in Somerset Pennsylvania.It will comprise of a scenario field.woodsball fields , and 2 speedball fields.More will be added later.Its currently underconstruction as we speak.I have an online store as well but it to is under construction.Hopefully by January the site will be complete.I am hoping to have a scenario game in April and possibly a speedball and woodsball event as well.My current online site is
amerricanpaintballstore.com it will soon be napalmfieldspaintball.com

Well thanks again for looking and maybe stop by the site and tell your friends

don miguel
10-20-2006, 06:34 PM
I like your site, a little pricy but nice. Good luck. I would love to come to your field. :cheers:

STR8 RIPPIN
10-21-2006, 04:26 PM
Thanxs its under construction still.Ya hopefully I will have a good turn out in april.I wil be adding pics to the site as well as a forum.Its all a process though so bear with me

mr. right-wing
10-21-2006, 07:19 PM
Hard-Knocks Paintball

don miguel
10-22-2006, 08:36 AM
Hard-Knocks Paintball
a little too late. :cool:

Sk8ermog
10-23-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey sorry it's taken me so long to thank you. I recieved the prize money and put it to good use at NPPL this weekend here in Orange County. Bought myself a whole new set of paintball gear that I've been needing for awhile. I'll send you that high res. version of the image when I get a free moment. Glad to be of services and thanks again for everything. Can't wait to see what the site looks like when it's done.

mr. right-wing
10-23-2006, 04:28 PM
a little too late. :cool:

... :cry:

don miguel
10-23-2006, 06:44 PM
... :cry:
it's okay I like the name. Just a little too late, he closed the competition. Sorry man. :cheers:

mr. right-wing
10-24-2006, 10:55 PM
it's okay I like the name. Just a little too late, he closed the competition. Sorry man. :cheers:

Can I get a hug :D

Its cool, no prob, I was outta the loop for a few days newho.

don miguel
10-25-2006, 06:47 PM
Can I get a hug :D

Its cool, no prob, I was outta the loop for a few days newho.

Sure you can have a big hug. I will make you a deal, you give me five dollars, and I give you a free hug!