PDA

View Full Version : New hater chip makes cheating much more convienent!

lather
09-19-2006, 05:33 AM
Finding ways to cheat much too troublesome and inconvienent with your old board? Well 3 :cheers: For hater paintball's new Quest chip!

http://www.haterpaintball.com/servlet/Detail?no=271

Check out "discrete" ramping and PSP breakout modes in the PDF manual. :tard:

warbeak2099
09-19-2006, 08:13 AM
"• 15 bps compatible! "

"• Perhaps the first Quest software to have an anti-mechanical bounce (AMB) algorithms which actually works to solve the problem of physical switch bounce. No need to worry when the refs pull that old slow trigger pull trick on your gun. "

"• Tournament lock feature allows the user to “lock out” the programming mode in order to meet specific field/tournament guidelines. "

Let's not scream witch until we have all the facts straight. In a tourny you're gonna have to put it on lock anyways. Yes, you can choose to cheat but you can also choose to eliminate bounce and lock the marker on an acceptible mode for the specific tourny you're playing.

Chronobreak
09-19-2006, 09:27 AM
there are so many chips/modes /custom modes

NO REF can possibly know how to lock all guns or verify the modes, and test for hidden features.

it is impossible.

Pneumagger
09-19-2006, 09:34 AM
Alot of times, a team's gear is checked at he beginning of the tourney. maybe for the finals and maybe if enough people whine.

I think they are smart for making a cheater chip. They will make money. That's what it's all about.

Pneumagger
09-19-2006, 09:45 AM
That ABS thing is sweet. I want ABS for any EP marker. I would program the gun for higher pressure and lower dwell.
Then set the ABS dwell real high so I can shoot real far and straight after like 1-2 seconds of inactivity. This would be sweet for woodsball and scenario.

Or have the ABS activate (after the first 10 shots to chrono ;) ) for like the next 100 shots while your in the back of a tourney field. Then you should be closer to midfield by the time your shotcount gets higher and you won't need extra range.

SlartyBartFast
09-19-2006, 11:17 AM
• Perhaps the first Quest software to have an anti-mechanical bounce (AMB) algorithms which actually works to solve the problem of physical switch bounce. No need to worry when the refs pull that old slow trigger pull trick on your gun.

Sad. :tard:

Mechanical bounce has been eliminated as an issue from electrical switches for decades. How else do you think that your keyboard manages to type only one letter with each keystroke?

Only in paintball did it become a difficult to "solve" issue. :mad:

Pneumagger
09-19-2006, 11:35 AM
no, I think this board detects a slower pull and purposefully incrases the debounce for these slower pulls so it will pass a "slow pull test".

Lenny
09-19-2006, 12:11 PM
Mechanical bounce for paintball has not been solved.

One of my teammates lost us 20pts at a tourney. The board was legal, but he had a roller bearing trigger that just rode the switch. The bounce wasn't bad, but we still lost points due to the potential of shooting more than one ball per trigger pull

(I have to say, the owner/head ref did go easy on us because we didn't know it was illegal, or even bouncing. He docked us 20pts one game, when technically it should've been 50pts for every game played with that trigger afterwards.)

nate2k191
09-19-2006, 12:20 PM
its a sad state of affairs when there is a company called haterpaintball.

"dont hate on my gat bro, its legit, ya heard" /lol

CKY_Alliance
09-19-2006, 12:43 PM
Nothing new virtue has had break out mode..or gangster mode whichever(same thing)..i believe tag has it also along with other boards/chips...ramping is here to stay so get used to it.

-=squid#2=-
09-19-2006, 01:09 PM
How many people on AO even have to deal with this sort of anything, anyway? Last I checked, not too many people with "cheater boards" hit up scenario games.

lather
09-19-2006, 01:39 PM
So what's the purpose of a breakout mode that switches back to psp legal mode after the 151st pull?

lather
09-19-2006, 01:48 PM
Nothing new virtue has had break out mode..or gangster mode whichever(same thing)..i believe tag has it also along with other boards/chips...ramping is here to stay so get used to it.

Um no kidding. My point is that this board just makes it too easy to cheat. I have a tadao in my Vike and Nox in my Minion--but neither of those boards automatically switch to PSP legal after the 151st shot after using an illegal breakout mode.

Lohman446
09-19-2006, 02:17 PM
So what's the purpose of a breakout mode that switches back to psp legal mode after the 151st pull?

To cheat.... :D

SR_matt
09-19-2006, 02:47 PM
How many people on AO even have to deal with this sort of anything, anyway? Last I checked, not too many people with "cheater boards" hit up scenario games.
well it migght not be streight up cheather boards but i can promise you that half my team has or had guns that wouldnt pass a tourneys regulations to play in it that they use at scenarios. none of the guns were ever uncontrolable they just had either the angels "bounce" (really programed bounce that just acts like the ramping in this borad being posted) or some ramping. no one ever got over shot any more by thier guns than by any one elses guns out there if they even got over shot.... then again the guyts that had those guns also one ball form like 200 feet away and end up shooting some one 10 times if they pop out infront of them just cause they freak out.
-matt

slade
09-19-2006, 02:58 PM
no, I think this board detects a slower pull and purposefully incrases the debounce for these slower pulls so it will pass a "slow pull test".
you're giving them too much credit.

rkjunior303
09-19-2006, 03:07 PM
you're giving them too much credit.

agreed.

a high AMB is a good way to high mechanical bounce at a slow rate of fire, like during a bounce check, but it leaves the possiblity of taking off with bounce later on. My borg could run DB1 with the AMB at 5... You'd never know it was DB1 until you got on it then it was insane...

Pneumagger
09-19-2006, 03:11 PM
someone's gonna ruin it all, and then trhey're gonna pass either semi only legislation or a legal BPS limit.

As paintball grows, it cant hide in the shadows when someone does something stupid. It only takes one liberal to point out that these are getting unsafe...and all they need is a reason to ban them.

And the worst part is... People will still have cheater boards if that happened :tard:

Edit: I would exploit that ABS system so bad if I had it.

Lenny
09-19-2006, 04:29 PM
As paintball grows, it cant hide in the shadows when someone does something stupid. It only takes one liberal to point out that these are getting unsafe...and all they need is a reason to ban them.

And the worst part is... People will still have cheater boards if that happened :tard:

^Agreed.

I don't understand the need to shoot that fast. I have hit 18bps (according to a chrono) once on semi, but can sustain 13-15bps without much difficult. I only shoot semi. I have never once played a game on any other mode than semi (ok, once, with f/a when I had my Spyder, but I was given the ok), and I have never felt outshot, or slow, or like I need to fire more than that.

I mean, yeah it's cool to show off at the range with, or scare the newbs, but I don't see why it's so attractive.

CKY_Alliance
09-19-2006, 06:19 PM
^Agreed.

I don't understand the need to shoot that fast. I have hit 18bps (according to a chrono) once on semi, but can sustain 13-15bps without much difficult. I only shoot semi. I have never once played a game on any other mode than semi (ok, once, with f/a when I had my Spyder, but I was given the ok), and I have never felt outshot, or slow, or like I need to fire more than that.

I mean, yeah it's cool to show off at the range with, or scare the newbs, but I don't see why it's so attractive.

Its so "atractive" to a lot of people bc most series allow it...so they shoot it in the series and when practicing...thats one of the reasons they make ramping chips..because theres a market! The need is there so you can keep up with your competition. I can pull 15-16 consistantly, in semi w/no bounce, left and right handed but since the series i play allows ramping i choose to use it..if i didnt then the other players would have an advantage over me..yes im pulling just as fast but they are doing it with a lot less consentration..so you can somewhat free your mind to other aspects of the game (not that pulling a trigger takes to much thinking or effort)

** notice i am not talking about "cheater" modes specifically, im speaking of ramping of all forms in general..mostly in regards to lenny's post.**

Jackel411
09-19-2006, 08:14 PM
The guys that own hater paintball are a bunch of good guys belive it or not... Hell if it wasnt for them half of Lucky Paintball inventory wouldnt exist.

But.. its not just hater that has a mode like that...

Um.. let me think.. break out mode.. hmmm... Predator has it , Tadao has it , GASP! even virture has it....

So if you want to point blame at the sorry state of the game now.. it isnt just at Hater.. Its every one.

WenULiVeUdiE
09-19-2006, 08:18 PM
You make it sound like this is the first example of such modes.

It is part of the sport. Yes, it is not exactly the....most suitable mode of legal fire, but it is here. We can try to fight it. But as long as the consumer's wallet has the cash, the product will be there.

/cynical mindset
//yeah, i am always cynical

jenarelJAM
09-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Um.. let me think.. break out mode.. hmmm... Predator has it , Tadao has it , GASP! even virture has it....

As far as I know... <i>my</i> tadao does Not have breakout mode... its for a viking though, if that makes a difference...

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 08:51 PM
how many ppl actually read the manual? It clearly states things like "fast ramping, after 151st shot, will be legal"

Triangle
09-19-2006, 09:51 PM
"Tournament lock feature allows the user to “lock out” the programming mode in order to meet specific field/tournament guidelines."

Just Sayin'

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 10:25 PM
"Tournament lock feature allows the user to “lock out” the programming mode in order to meet specific field/tournament guidelines."

Just Sayin'

permanent ban is used to ban out bad forum members for forum specifications
/just sayin...derek

Triangle
09-19-2006, 10:28 PM
permanent ban is used to ban out bad forum members for forum specifications
/just sayin...derek

And If Banned, I'll just reregister.
So what?
It's amazing how clever you think you are, when you're really just the opposite.

MoeMag
09-19-2006, 10:31 PM
Am I reading it right... max ROF at 20bps... :tard:

Why bother.

Triangle
09-19-2006, 10:32 PM
Am I reading it right... max ROF at 20bps... :tard:

Why bother.

Because the the player population that can sustain a ROF higher than 20 is Slim to nil.

Drizit
09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Its so "atractive" to a lot of people bc most series allow it...so they shoot it in the series

Have you read the NPPL rules? There is NO ramping allowed take it from an NPPL ref.

So what?
It's amazing how clever you think you are, when you're really just the opposite.

Thank you for making his point. Yes there is a lockout on the gun, however it's not even close to realistic for a ref to be checking it before every time a team hits the field, During 7 man half the time it's all you can do just to get them chronied in before the next game is ready to start.

Because the the player population that can sustain a ROF higher than 20 is Slim to nil.

That all depends I can keep 20bps going all day with enough assistance from the board, and that's just what you are getting, think back to the old angel LCD (I know i'm dating myself now) ;) for most people it was all they could do to keep it consitatly over 13 or 14bps (i'm not talking about the one time you pulled faster for 2 balls, I'm talking constantly) now a friend of mine has an LCD angel with a preditor board, I used if for a day just for kicks, with one finger and without trying I was keeping it at about 20bps (that's what it was set to ramp to) On that gun it was blatent what was going on but with a board with custom codes... well you tell me.

Triangle
09-19-2006, 11:09 PM
Thank you for making his point. Yes there is a lockout on the gun, however it's not even close to realistic for a ref to be checking it before every time a team hits the field, During 7 man half the time it's all you can do just to get them chronied in before the next game is ready to start.

His point had nothing to do with the actual game, smarty. It'd had to do with my being banned from AO.

That all depends I can keep 20bps going all day with enough assistance from the board, and that's just what you are getting, think back to the old angel LCD (I know i'm dating myself now) ;) for most people it was all they could do to keep it consitatly over 13 or 14bps (i'm not talking about the one time you pulled faster for 2 balls, I'm talking constantly) now a friend of mine has an LCD angel with a preditor board, I used if for a day just for kicks, with one finger and without trying I was keeping it at about 20bps (that's what it was set to ramp to) On that gun it was blatent what was going on but with a board with custom codes... well you tell me.

How about this one.
Unassisted, The major population of paintball players cannot sustain high ROF's.
I'm talking about Semi, no ramping.
What the hell else would I be talking about?

Jesus, you're almost as bad as Roguefactor.

PAYGE TOO SNYP4R!!!

neppo1345
09-19-2006, 11:19 PM
So what's the debate here...

Whether cheating is awesome?

Or whether this new chip makes cheating easier?

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:22 PM
So what?

i love assumptions, because its fun to watch people assume stuff. You assumed i was thinking i was clever, in reality, i was just picking fun at you. You assume i hate you derek, i dont. Welcome back, the forums have been bearable without you. I'll just let you keep assuming things, so i can see just how full of it you really are. Because thats all assumptions show.

this board is just a "fool the refs, shoot faster off the break but as you keep going it will slow down to regular speeds." Nothing too special.

Triangle
09-19-2006, 11:24 PM
So what's the debate here...

Whether cheating is awesome?

Or whether this new chip makes cheating easier?

It would depend on whether or not the board in question is being used correctly.

If people made boards specifically for one Series of Tourny's, then one crowd wouldn't buy them.
If board producers include different whosit's and whatsit's with the board, then it draws a bigger crowd of people.

I think all in all a big population of people posting are forgetting one thing.

It isn't the software that cheats.

It's the player.

And it's the player's CHOICE.

Triangle
09-19-2006, 11:25 PM
i love assumptions, because its fun to watch people assume stuff. You assumed i was thinking i was clever, in reality, i was just picking fun at you. You assume i hate you derek, i dont. Welcome back, the forums have been bearable without you. I'll just let you keep assuming things, so i can see just how full of it you really are. Because thats all assumptions show.

this board is just a "fool the refs, shoot faster off the break but as you keep going it will slow down to regular speeds." Nothing too special.

Jesus Christ.

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:26 PM
Jesus Christ.

are you trying to get rebanned? I mean, usually ppl who were banned once, and again for circumventing dont draw attention to themselves 2 days after registering again

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:28 PM
It would depend on whether or not the board in question is being used correctly.

If people made boards specifically for one Series of Tourny's, then one crowd wouldn't buy them.
If board producers include different whosit's and whatsit's with the board, then it draws a bigger crowd of people.

I think all in all a big population of people posting are forgetting one thing.

It isn't the software that cheats.

It's the player.

And it's the player's CHOICE.

production for use
if its against the rules, why put it as a feature?

neppo1345
09-19-2006, 11:28 PM

Is this guy serious?

Triangle
09-19-2006, 11:31 PM
production for use

Because In one Series of Events, it may be legal, but it's the player's choice to use that feature on the board.

And in Another series, it may NOT be legal.
Again. The player's choice.

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Is this guy serious?

im guessing you were one of the terrible 4, you slade, and derek and behemoth

neppo1345
09-19-2006, 11:32 PM

Is that like the fantastic four?

Can I be the human torch?

I'm honored to be mentioned in their company...oh how we miss derek.

Triangle
09-19-2006, 11:33 PM

Terrible 4?

Slade/Colin is a little girl.
Behemoth=Awesome.

You must be thinking of Thorums crew.

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:34 PM
Because In one Series of Events, it may be legal, but it's the player's choice to use that feature on the board.

And in Another series, it may NOT be legal.
Again. The player's choice.

and if you take away the illegal modes, its no better than the last board

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:35 PM
Is that like the fantastic four?

Can I be the human torch?

I'm honored to be mentioned in their company...oh how we miss derek.

miss? im guessing neppo rides the shortbus. Say hi derek.

btw, thread homocide has just been committed

Triangle
09-19-2006, 11:37 PM
http://www.ntsb.gov/events/1999/bourbonnais/amtrak5.jpg

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:39 PM
http://www.ntsb.gov/events/1999/bourbonnais/amtrak5.jpg

QFT

neppo1345
09-19-2006, 11:40 PM
QFT

Yet...can you truly quote a picture?

mobsterboy
09-19-2006, 11:42 PM
Yet...can you truly quote a picture?

....is this guy serious? i just did quote a picture

neppo1345
09-19-2006, 11:45 PM
....is this guy serious? i just did quote a picture

You quoted a post...not a picture...

I'm not going to argue this anymore

MoeMag
09-19-2006, 11:55 PM
production for use

If any of you have ever worked in a paintball store this should be an easy one.

What is the first thing a serious bush baller askes for when looking for a new gun?

IS IT FULL AUTO.

Now where is full auto allowed???

nowhere. even psp mode isnt really Full auto. its 1-2-3-burrrrrp

Look at NPPL's biggest sponsor. SPYDER. What drives Paintball are the people going out messing arround having a good time with their friends, and companies need to cater to that so that they can do everything else. and whats more fun than shooting full auto??? looking like your shooting semi auto really fast! RAMPING. then after that 3 shot burst, and pull and release are pretty cool too.

I may play speedball, I may play with alot of div II and III teams, but I like woods ball with my RT mag the best, just cause its fun.

Triangle
09-20-2006, 12:01 AM
If any of you have ever worked in a paintball store this should be an easy one.

What is the first thing a serious bush baller askes for when looking for a new gun?

IS IT FULL AUTO.

Now where is full auto allowed???

nowhere. even psp mode isnt really Full auto. its 1-2-3-burrrrrp

Look at NPPL's biggest sponsor. SPYDER. What drives Paintball are the people going out messing arround having a good time with their friends, and companies need to cater to that so that they can do everything else. and whats more fun than shooting full auto??? looking like your shooting semi auto really fast! RAMPING. then after that 3 shot burst, and pull and release are pretty cool too.

I may play speedball, I may play with alot of div II and III teams, but I like woods ball with my RT mag the best, just cause its fun.

Great post.

kenndogg
09-20-2006, 12:44 AM
You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Haterpaintball ain't the first the have these options.

Break out mode is nothing new and it has different names depending on who makes the board. My T-board calls it "nitro"

ABS dwell adds more dwell for ONLY the first shot IF the marker sits more than ten minutes without firing.

Being able to set when and how much your gun ramps is also nothing new.

lather
09-20-2006, 04:24 AM
You guys are making a big deal out of nothing. Haterpaintball ain't the first the have these options.

Break out mode is nothing new and it has different names depending on who makes the board. My T-board calls it "nitro"

ABS dwell adds more dwell for ONLY the first shot IF the marker sits more than ten minutes without firing.

Being able to set when and how much your gun ramps is also nothing new.

Wrong . Reread the thread.

Hater is the first that has a breakout mode that automatically switches to PSP legal mode after 151 cycles. And a "discreet" mode which adds shots to PSP ramp but is advertised as virtually undectable.

mobsterboy
09-20-2006, 08:00 AM
Wrong . Reread the thread.

Hater is the first that has a breakout mode that automatically switches to PSP legal mode after 151 cycles. And a "discreet" mode which adds shots to PSP ramp but is advertised as virtually undectable.

holy toledo batman, he's the first person thats actually bothered to read AND comprehend the manual. :clap: :ninja:

SlartyBartFast
09-20-2006, 10:37 AM
Looking for a conspiracy, people always overlook the obvious one. Why are cheating modes “tolerated”? Why the acceptance of ramping?
It’s easy. Follow the money. What makes the most money and generates the most profit? Paint. The more paint used, the more money tournaments generate. When the boards are used in tournaments, they gain advertising and respect in rec, leading to more paint sales in rec...
After a certain BPS it’s debatable if there’s really any added advantage on the field. But it’s unquestionable that it sells more paint.

CKY_Alliance
09-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Have you read the NPPL rules? There is NO ramping allowed take it from an NPPL ref.

Yes i know nppl doesnt allow ramping, but CFOA, PSP, NXL(or does PSP host NXL..not sure) scpfoa,millenium, and many many other leagues..allow ramping that would be why i said MOST SERIES...

Jackel411
09-20-2006, 01:09 PM
As far as I know... <i>my</i> tadao does Not have breakout mode... its for a viking though, if that makes a difference...

Ive got it on my ego's board.. they refer to it as " Gangster " mode I can put break out on any mode with G-Mode activated..

slade
09-20-2006, 01:09 PM
oh?

Slade/Colin is a little girl.
still pissed at me for a reason i dont even know?

WARPED1
09-20-2006, 02:59 PM
I want to know why yall think this is cheating, but an RT is not? I've seen more "bounce" on a mech RT with a near 1000 PSI input presure than many guns out there.

Lohman446
09-20-2006, 03:07 PM
I want to know why yall think this is cheating, but an RT is not? I've seen more "bounce" on a mech RT with a near 1000 PSI input presure than many guns out there.

:) haha, so many people are never going to beleive I said this.

Although the RT in bounce is obviously not semi-auto and does in fact create "artificial BPS" it does not have specific modes intended to fool refs or others. Frankly, if you're going to cheat, at least have the guts to admit it.

SlartyBartFast
09-20-2006, 03:13 PM

Idiot. :tard:

Give me one quote in this thread that indicates anyone is in favour of running an RT with 1000psi input in a tournament.

Show me the adjustable regulator setup that would allow you to be able to switch for legal (little RT ~800psi or so) to illegal (1000psi+). And show me how it can be done as easily as these electronic boards do and be as undetectable.

It is possible to run an RT legally. It is also possible to be against cheating. Even with a mag...

Turn your brain on dude. What is it about the morons on AO who think that Mag owners are cheaters who love seeing other Mags cheat? Why are there even larger idiots who think that all members of a certain group are beholden to think exactly the same way on all issues?

Want to run an RT is a tournament? Limit the input pressure. Want to run an Emag? Be prepared to remove the trigger rod. Afraid of “shoot-up” if you don’t chrono properly? Just chrono at 280.

And again for the idiots who can’t jump start their brains: Cheating isn’t acceptable. Even with a Mag.

[/rant]

WARPED1
09-20-2006, 05:19 PM

Although the RT in bounce is obviously not semi-auto and does in fact create "artificial BPS" it does not have specific modes intended to fool refs or others. Frankly, if you're going to cheat, at least have the guts to admit it.
But that doesn't explain why lots of AO members defend RT to death, but hate on all E guns that ramp/bounce. In my opinion, it's because thier favorite company(AGD), didn't come up with one first.(A new electro for example).

mobsterboy
09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
But that doesn't explain why lots of AO members defend RT to death, but hate on all E guns that ramp/bounce. In my opinion, it's because thier favorite company(AGD), didn't come up with one first.(A new electro for example).

i personally hate rt bounce. I only like mags because my hyperframe raped and my classic was the most reliable woodsball gun i ever shot. In fact, rt pro, rt and x valves could not have been made and i'd still be happy. So what are you talking about again? I love how people just think that AO is against every marker but mags. I shoot what works, not what cheats, and I will continue to shoot true semi till the death

SlartyBartFast
09-21-2006, 08:13 AM
Perhaps your memory is faulty. But I remember discussion on AO revolving around how to make Emags tournament legal by removing the trigger rod to avoid hybrid mode. That and how to effectively chrono as per procedure if you didn't have the trigger rod installed.

NOT how to make hybrid easier to hide or get away with running high input pressures and get away with bounce.

Here's the challenge all that's always ignored:

Find me one, JUST ONE, example of an AO member defending RT bounce or an illegal Mag setup in a tournament and alsoe hating on E-markers with cheater code or even ramping in general. And it has to be the SAME AO member.

Otherwise, give up on the AO bashing. :tard:

Dulie
09-21-2006, 08:25 AM

Does anyone agree with me that Lohman446 should add one to the Useful Posts count? I feel that was one of the most useful posts since I started trolling.