PDA

View Full Version : what spring do you use in your LX

zyklon69
09-19-2006, 11:40 AM
I've been using the smallest... was thinking of switching over to the middle one or maybe the longest for less paintball breakage.. any suggestions?

nevtangle
09-19-2006, 12:23 PM
I've been using the smallest... was thinking of switching over to the middle one or maybe the longest for less paintball breakage.. any suggestions?
If you can get it to shoot around 280, or whatever your field allows, go for it. I've used all 3. I liked using the longest one for the increased sensitivity. Just have to increase the velocity until it shoots, then chrono it to see what fps you're at, and maybe fine tune it from there. Some say you'll get slightly worse efficiency but I've never noticed.

back2integrity
09-19-2006, 04:14 PM
When using my ULT, the ULT sticks occassionally if I use any spring besides the smallest. Unfortunately, with the smallest spring I've been breaking occassionally, so I'm hoping that I find a remedy and can bump up to the middle spring while still using the ULT.

zyklon69
09-19-2006, 05:40 PM
yea, i've noticed that when im using the ult.. the level 10 is pretty much not working anymore... i'm using the middle spring right now, only had bolt stick once, maybe because there wasn't enough lube on the spring?? dunno, but i shot about 600 shots and it hasn't happend again. Now im using a lukes trigger mod, 6 shims in my ult, and it does shoot awesome, only now.. i got a small leak down the barrel when i hold down the trigger.

shaunyoung000
09-19-2006, 10:49 PM
I use longest, but it varies from mag to mag obviously. 800-1200 psi in mine, usually the mid or longest work best for me though.

11 Bravo
09-19-2006, 11:29 PM
I use the middle (red) and have no problem with the ult.