PDA

View Full Version : Building RT Pro

xxx_nastynate_xxx
09-19-2006, 09:49 PM
Hi all,
I've been paintballing for several years now and never knew anything about automags until recently. My brother let me borrow his RT and I was instantly hooked. I am now trying to build up an RT Pro out of random parts. My question is wether or not minimag and type 68 parts will work. I already have the body, frame and a few other parts. I am mostly looking at Ebay and finding that most triggers and sears and other such misc. parts are mostly minimag parts. Will they still work? Thanks for the input.
Nate

olinar
09-20-2006, 12:43 AM
well it depends on what you want.yo build an rt pro you would need a rt rail a retro or x valve.a ule body a trigger frame and a rt sear.OR you can just get a regular automag or minimag and buy a xxvalve or retro valve or even an emag valve.they are all the same.
also if you want an rt pro its cheaper to buy one from airgun.com or get a paragadigm from themagsmith.com

xxx_nastynate_xxx
09-20-2006, 12:42 PM
I already have an RT Pro body and rail. I was wondering about trigger frames, sears, and other misc. parts. As far as the valve, I am a poor, broke airman in the Air Force and still saving for that one. :cry:

Madmarx
09-20-2006, 02:45 PM
You'll need an RT sear and screw. Not an automag or minimag sear. If you're tight on cash just buy a minimag or automag valve w/ level 10 bolt (which I happen to have for sale). When you have more cash trade up to an RT or X valve. Any mag trigger frame should work, but I would go with a 2 finger trigger set up (I also happen to have for sale). Is it a new or older RT Pro? Twist lock or threaded barrel? I happen to have a couple barrels too!
Hope that helps.
Good luck! :cheers:

Madmarx
09-20-2006, 03:27 PM
Check this out if no one on AO has one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/automag-minimag-mag-sear-assembly-pin-paintball_W0QQitemZ130027833055QQihZ003QQcategoryZ 36285QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

xxx_nastynate_xxx
09-20-2006, 05:22 PM
The body I have is a twist lock with the vertical feed. Does this change the type of barrel I need?

Madmarx
09-20-2006, 05:54 PM
The body I have is a twist lock with the vertical feed. Does this change the type of barrel I need?

Not all twist lock barrels work with vert feed. I think most are left or right like most mag bodies.