PDA

View Full Version : e-Mag valve leaking when I pull the trigger

mpsd
09-20-2006, 08:59 PM
Hi,

I donīt know whatīs going on with my e-Mag valve but, when I fire it, it releases a lot of gas from the back of the regulator (at the speed ajustment hole). It only happens when I pull the trigger and, sometimes, it sounds really high. Also, of course, my Mag is consuming to much air.

My setup is an e-Mag with Level 10 tuned by Tuna (wonderfully tuned, in fact), running X-Mod 1.7 and sporting a Max Flo inline 2005 regulator set at 950 to 1000 psi (it needs the higher pressure to do ramping with the X-Mod).

I opened my valve last weekend, before play, checked all o-rings (did not change any - they all looked good) and oiled it thoroughly.

I suspect maybe itīs the higher input pressure into the regulator but never heard of anything like that on the X-Mod threads.

If any of you ever had a problem like that, please let me know what you did.

Thanks and regards,

Mendel.

Tunaman
09-20-2006, 09:28 PM
Either the velocity is too high or the reg piston is shot. Let me know.

mpsd
09-20-2006, 09:36 PM
Either the velocity is too high or the reg piston is shot. Let me know.

The velocity wasnt high... I chronoed my mag before games (as usual) and it shoot between 280 and 300 fps (yes, itīs varying that much) but it didnīt shot higher than 300.

I have a brand new reg piston here. Did not open the rear part of my reg indeed. Iīll part it out and see how it looks like.

The only thing I think itīs not fitting is that, when your reg piston is blew, the mag would fire on the low 200īs, isnīt it right?

Thanks, Tuna (again :D )!