PDA

View Full Version : Air Efficiency - What to use with what, Proto, RT, Tippy

Xenocide
09-20-2006, 10:24 PM
So I, as many AO'ers are, am going to Paintball Sam's Big game next weekend.
I am bringing 2 friends who have played once before. They don't have rentals so I am putting together my "backup" markers for them and I'm just not sure what to do.

The Markers:
1.05 Proto (Empire Halo)
2.Rt mag, Inteliframe. (Halo or Revvy)
3.Tippman 98c (grav loader)

The Propellants:
1.68/45 crossfire
2.70/45 crossfite (peanut)
3.45/45 crossfire
4.20oz Co2 cannister.

I figure I will fire the most paint, so I would use the Proto with the 70/45, set up the RT with the 68/45 and the Tippy with the Co2.

I feel a little guilty for sticking one of my "Newbie" friends with all the problems of Co2. At the same time I don't think any of the 3 markers would be able to throw much paint with the 45/45. At the same time I doubt either of the 2 will be carrying extra paint, or more than a 100 round tube or 2.

How many shots would the RT get with the 45/45? How about the Tippman? I Don't know exactly what the Proto gets, I just know I get less than a hopper and 4 pods, which I fire off pretty easy in a game at Sam's :)

What do you guys think?

iambored
09-21-2006, 05:05 AM
Don't worry about the co2, it just makes white clouds come out with the paintball (doesn't effect it) but depending on temperature you may get bouncing from frozen paint (happens to me in the winter). I don't no a thing about martixs or anything like them or timmies but I think that 45ci tanks were not the best choice based on how much paint your proto gets on one and you use in a game

FinchMan
09-21-2006, 05:14 AM
the tippy should work with the co2. I wouldn't be any worse than if your buddies had to get rentals from somewhere.

punkncat
09-21-2006, 07:00 AM
The valve in a 98 was actually made for CO2. It will perform fine, especially in warm weather.
A 20oz CO2 should last 800-1200 shots on the tippy, just so long as he doesn't shoot a lot with the barrel down, or shoot too quickly. I keep a 98C around simply because they work well on CO2 and are reliable.

glickstue
09-21-2006, 10:48 AM
I agree with the above statements about the Tippmann, I would even dare say that the Tippmann will do a little better on Co2. Tippmanns get atrocious gas mileage when you run them on air. Sure they might have a little better consistency on air but it’s not worth having to refill the tank every 800 shots.