PDA

View Full Version : Classic Valve Reg Piston

Shingo
09-21-2006, 03:40 PM
I still have the old Regulator Piston Assembly for my classic valve and it starts to leak out the back when I crank up the pressure. I know replacing it with a new Regulator Piston Assembly from the AGD store would resolve this, but I wanted to know if there is a way around it... maybe open the piston and modify it... seal it up so it doesn't leak?

Yeah, I know... I'm cheap and don't want to fork over $15 + Shipping to replace a working part. :rolleyes:

Anyone know anything about this?

~Shingo~

Oldest Sage
09-21-2006, 04:27 PM
Spend the money and get the right part. It'll work the first time.

Shingo
09-21-2006, 04:34 PM
Spend the money and get the right part. It'll work the first time.

:spit_take yeah I know.

Just want to get some input from others before I try to rip this bad boy apart to see what makes the piston tick. I'm a Tinkerer at heart... can't help detroying my toys to see how they work and find ways to make them better. Then I'll buy a new one if I fail to put it all back together. :D

~Shingo~

Pneumagger
09-21-2006, 04:43 PM
there is a small spring in there acting on a set area. when the pressure on one side of piston is too great it vents.

One thing you could do...either tighten down the small nut so the spring tightens, or fill the hole with super strong epoxy or weld. Both will allow the mag to shoot (at insane velocities if needed too)

I guess for maturity reasons i should don't try this at home.

(But I did once... and 400+ fps kicks arse.)

Shingo
09-21-2006, 04:46 PM
Hear that kids! DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME! :D

Thanks Pneumagger... that's all I needed to hear. :ninja:

~Shingo~