PDA

View Full Version : Where should I start?

nickel_q
09-21-2006, 04:24 PM
I just got my first mag today from the magsmith and its pretty neat! :headbang:

Now Id like to know whats to be done with it before I get out for some tests.

The setup is lvl 10, x-valve, intelliframe and ult

Do I need to adjust anything?

I should be okay with a 850psi preset as i have read before on the forum am i correct?

And heres a dumb question, The trigger feels loose is it normal? Do I have to gas up the marker in order to operate the trigger? :ninja:

Using pumps and pistols, im not used to these crazy markers. So any advices or tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

geekwarrior
09-21-2006, 04:36 PM
should be ready to go....the trigger only operates when gassed up. Have fun, welcome to AO. :cheers:

Shingo
09-21-2006, 04:38 PM
Welcome! Post some pics for your setup! :bounce:

~Shingo~

Pneumagger
09-21-2006, 04:39 PM
TMS rocks. Welcome to the Family (wipes tear from eye)

nickel_q
09-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Thanks! Ill get my girlfriend's cam and post some pics.

I have heard that the bolt is unlikely to chop paintballs but that it might happen if you dont shoot correctly with the ULT . How can this happen? Is it a bad coordination of fingers?

If so I guess ill need some practice shooting with two fingers :)

geekwarrior
09-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Thanks! Ill get my girlfriend's cam and post some pics.

I have heard that the bolt is unlikely to chop paintballs but that it might happen if you dont shoot correctly with the ULT . How can this happen? Is it a bad coordination of fingers?

If so I guess ill need some practice shooting with two fingers :)

shouldnt chop with the lvl 10, but you might shortstroke it or chuff....the bolt wont cycle all the way. Just make sure you pull the trigger all te wy and you'll be fine.

nickel_q
09-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Are the pmi 68cu/3000 tanks at a 850psi preset? I might consider getting one

ahellers
09-22-2006, 12:04 AM
if it says its high pressure output it should be fine. but id look at crossfire before PMI, i think there about the same price and IMO are better. also look at the fiber wraped 4500psi tanks, they are a hell of alot lighter.
t

nickel_q
09-22-2006, 08:14 PM
I tried the mag today and it works great! :D Except for a minor problem :eek:

At first when I screw in the tank I could hear a small leak from the barrel.

I dry fired a couple shots and it stopped. (I guess the internals are breaking in)

So I loaded with paintballs and started shooting slowly, one shot at a time.

Everything was going right at this point

Then I tried to make some rapid fire. Now it wouldnt work at all :wow:

I must have gotten 1-2 bps at best.

1st shot gets out
2nd shot misfire (small burp sound)
3rd shot throws a ball about a feet down the barrrel
4th shot misfire again (small burp sound)

etc.

Whats happening there? It must be something I have to adjust. I had a better rate of fire with my good old zeus hehehe.

Im using a 68cu/3000 tank with a 800 psi preset

CaliMagFan
09-27-2006, 12:16 PM
seems like its my day to bump these old tech threads so-

One- make sure your tank is screwed in all the way. some times they're not all teh way in an the tank cannot reach its maximum flow rate to the marker.

Two- Make sure your velocity is high enough.. give the big silver nut at the back of the marker a half turn in the clockwise fashion... if that does solve it then PM me with your further problems.

LegumeOfTerror
09-27-2006, 04:41 PM
i get similar problems if the rear feild strip screw isnt tight enough, might wanna try that if the other suggestions dont work.

oledude
09-30-2006, 11:50 PM
I second the rear field strip screw tightness comment. I always tighten the screw with a wrench to avoid problems like that.