PDA

View Full Version : I am just asking to get flamed but here goes ....

Testament
09-21-2006, 05:07 PM
:D

Anyone have any idea what happened to the Autococker Internet Resource (www.air-powered.com) ???

I was in need of some autococker info for a project and everytime I try there I don't get their site.

behemoth
09-21-2006, 05:16 PM
:D

Anyone have any idea what happened to the Autococker Internet Resource (www.air-powered.com) ???

I was in need of some autococker info for a project and everytime I try there I don't get their site.

I dont know what good a flame will do if you cant even read it.

I'm surprised you can type.

I mean, the site is pretty self explanitory...

Sorry, the site is going through an update. Please be patient.

Thank you for your understanding.

Sacker

Dewok82
09-21-2006, 05:26 PM
Basically what happened is the jury finally came back on the ancient "Automag vs. Autococker" debate and ruled in favor of the Automag. They are in the process of clearing out all of the old info and revamping the site as a homage to Tom Kaye and the Automag. Unfortunately, it takes some time to clear out 10,000 posts about a marker that magically "shoots farther" and has a "flatter trajectory".

jk...I love my Series 5s.

Straight from the mouth of one of the Admins, "We had a security problem and our pages kept having links to trojans, so we are rebuilding the site."

Still no word on when it may return.

SummaryJudgement
09-21-2006, 05:45 PM
Yeah, I've been trying to get in for a couple of weeks, but it's been down the whole time. :(

Steelrat
09-21-2006, 05:56 PM
Supposedly the site had been hacked, and was infecting user's computers with various trojans and viruses. The site admin said it would be up again, but that was weeks ago. Shouldn't take that long to have fixed it. I fear, with the way the paintball world views autocockers, that it might not come back at all :(

It was a great resource for cockers, but the forum seemed to be getting used less and less. I'm guessing the same fate might befall AKAowners.org eventually.

11 Bravo
09-21-2006, 07:46 PM
I fear, with the way the paintball world views autocockers, that it might not come back at all :(

It was a great resource for cockers, but the forum seemed to be getting used less and less. I'm guessing the same sight might befall AKAowners.org eventually.

Say it aint so.. :(

But your probably right. The only really active section is the bst.

thefool
09-21-2006, 08:00 PM
and thats not that active

pol
09-22-2006, 11:29 AM
Im guessing that the mods there have full time lives, and that something that "shouldnt take that long" can drag out a bit when you have a family to feed. One way or another it was a pretty active forum, so the population will go somewhere. Judging by the recent increase in cocker traffic on the BST forums here I would guess a lot of them are closer than you think.

That said I usually check it once a day in the hopes that it might be back ;)