PDA

View Full Version : need info on gm truck please

Soopa Villain17
09-22-2006, 02:14 PM
ok im not sure if ive posted this already. on my 89 sierra i put a new water pump on. in the package there was a paper that said it was a reverse flow water pump. now from what stuff ive found on the net here is my understanding of it. on models with a serpentine belt with ac , those are the models that need a reverse flow water pump. i dont have a serpentine belt , ive got no ac all i have is a little skinny belt. i belive that means i need a standard flow water pump. now my temp gauge doesnt work i dont think and im not sure how to tell if its overheating. now i dont drive much longer than maybe 20 minutes at a time , and i always have the heat on. also when i squeeze the top rad hose it dont feel like theres much coolant flowin through . now the i feel the bottom hose its luke wamr but the top hose is wicked hot. now ive asked this on some automotive forums but nobody has really given me any answers . now i need to know if im correct or wrong before i go into vip and rip them new bums. thanks

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
09-22-2006, 02:50 PM
i dont have a serpentine belt , ive got no ac all i have is a little skinny belt

you got a single V-belt which wasn't to popular in GM's. If your intake, the one on top, hose is supposed to be squishy and if its hot to the touch then something is wrong with you cooling system. As for the water pump take the old one of and take a look at the fins make sure they are going in the same direction.