PDA

View Full Version : programmers, developers and database gurus: oracle question

dave p
09-22-2006, 05:05 PM
on our test database, whenever a stored procedure or trigger is called from a statement or script, we get a ORA-03113: EOF on communication channel error. in production everything is fine. the two databases are identicle, the only difference is that test runs on a server2003 box and production runs on a server 2000 box. all database links work, TNS names are correct, sql statements can be executed normally across the network. but as soon as you execute anything that calls a procedure this error occurs. with some functions it does not though. the database is oracle enterprise 8i version 8.1.2. this is from many remote machines and many development tools. anyone have a clue? oh yes, it seemed to work fine before we upgraded test to server2003.

thanks in advance

lopxtc
09-22-2006, 05:10 PM
Any other ORA-##### errors? Typically the one you got is seen with a number of other errors. A lot of time it comes from a communication error to the server.

Can you ping the server box?
Can you telnet to the port on the server box that oracle is listening?

example of the last one ... $ telnet HOST PORT

Make sure you have connectivity to the server first and then go from there.

Aaron

dave p
09-22-2006, 05:37 PM
i can connect from several remote boxes. something is causing the back end server process to terminate. i can execute simple ad-hoc queries no problem. something about procedures is killing the session. i find nothing helpful in the traces or alert.log. Im wondering if its a server2003/oracle issue.