PDA

View Full Version : Random question -Woodsballing

Toll
09-22-2006, 09:52 PM
Well, the field is having a bit of a woodsball day, so I figured I'd poke my head in. Currently I plan on using my viking with the whole warp/wirestock/etc dealy (since we are playing scenario style, more air = good)

As such I've noticed alot of guys are using a5's with RT's. 15 bps bursts aren't really that bad, but leads me to ask : if they can do that, should I put on some fun modes and just limit them to 15 bps? Maybe even 10? I just want to keep it in the spirit of the game. Can I shoot faster? sure. But it's not really nice of me to ramp on people who are using mech trigger pulls regardless of how much paint I'm putting out.

Just looking for view points,

Should add: The role I'm supposed to be playing is that of the firesupport/paintflinger, that might help.

Tool-of-death
09-22-2006, 09:58 PM
Well, the field is having a bit of a woodsball day, so I figured I'd poke my head in. Currently I plan on using my viking with the whole warp/wirestock/etc dealy (since we are playing scenario style, more air = good)

As such I've noticed alot of guys are using a5's with RT's. 15 bps bursts aren't really that bad, but leads me to ask : if they can do that, should I put on some fun modes and just limit them to 15 bps? Maybe even 10? I just want to keep it in the spirit of the game. Can I shoot faster? sure. But it's not really nice of me to ramp on people who are using mech trigger pulls regardless of how much paint I'm putting out.

Just looking for view points,

If your field allow's it go for it.

Show no mercy :shooting:

fire1811
09-22-2006, 10:47 PM
If you can afford to shoot it do it.

RRfireblade
09-22-2006, 10:56 PM
Funny thing about alot of A5 woodballers.... they F N Love those dang RTs.

I say if they're being cool then be cool but....

If they are sporting thier 'beer' muscles I say hit 'em with whatever you (legally) got. ;)

Tool-of-death
09-22-2006, 10:59 PM
Funny thing about alot of A5 woodballers.... they F N Love those dang RTs.

I say if they're being cool then be cool but....

If they are sporting thier 'beer' muscles I say hit 'em with whatever you (legally) got. ;)

full auto 40BPS 6.8 cal paintballs :eek: :wow:

shaunyoung000
09-22-2006, 11:57 PM
lol, I used to have all kinds of fun, I'd usually limit to 15, never bunker anyone, and don't overshoot.

Recon by Fire
09-23-2006, 03:02 AM
Outsmart them...bring a pump! :argh:

dahoeb
09-23-2006, 03:12 AM
do whatever you have to do to compete.
if you feel like you have to shoot with ramping to balance out their rt "advantage" then by all means, unleash that low pressured monster on them! :shooting:

hs2000
09-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Why don't you chose to not rely on firepower to win, but instead chose to use skills... and play pump.

RRfireblade
09-23-2006, 09:13 AM
Why don't you chose to not rely on firepower to win, but instead chose to use skills... and play pump.

Why does using available firepower automatically imply you have no skills ?

docscott
09-23-2006, 09:26 AM

I don't think it does, but in most people's minds, high ROF=not picking your shots.

I played pump for a long time, and now when I play w my e-mag, I can play 2 games of speedball with 1 hopper of paint.

fire1811
09-23-2006, 09:27 AM

Exactly I see this same statement over and over. Although I somewhat agree with it for the majority of the time. Fast gun doesn't always equal no skill.

RRfireblade
09-23-2006, 09:37 AM
And not to get to far off topic but I also play pump all the time. We even have regular all pump meets down here.

30 pump players = Tasty Goodness.

However , I play for a local Tourny team as well and quite enjoy dumping paint right along with the best of 'em. Just imagine this for a second , pump style tactics w/ 15+ bps.

Now that's a good time. :D