PDA

View Full Version : No Rise Body?

rmg
09-23-2006, 08:00 AM
I was looking through through the AGD Museum and saw this No Rise body circa 2002.
Did this body use a twist lock barrel or was it threaded?

StygShore
09-23-2006, 08:23 AM
Twist lock

Styg

rmg
09-23-2006, 08:53 AM
Thanks!
Now I need to look for one. I know I could get a ULE, but I have a "thing" about stainless :)
Plus I kinda like the twist lock barrels

Lohman446
09-23-2006, 09:30 AM
Twist lock ,centerfeed

CENTERFEED barrels are very hard to find, some people have used right and left. Last I knew Tunaman still had a couple left - I bought one the beginning of the year or so from him.

fire1811
09-23-2006, 09:30 AM
I had one and loved it wish I never sold it. It did take twist lock barrels. Center feed twist locks, but left/right barrels could be modified to fit very easily.

The real only complaint I had about the no rise was the clamping neck. With a revolution no matter how tight you clamped down on the damn thing it would not hold it tight. You had to use the hopper spacers or tap. Still loved it though.

ahellers
09-23-2006, 05:07 PM
i was recently at a stor in Michigan that had TONS of twist locks. if anyones enterested send me a PM and ill give you there web site. :headbang:
t

AGD
09-24-2006, 02:38 AM
We were the first to prototype the no-rise. Chris Goddard (inventor of the HALO) came in to town one night and we were talking about how to get the most speed out of the loader. We decided taking out weight in the ball stack was the best option so we made a body right then and there. After that the no-rise caught on like crazy.

AGD

don miguel
09-25-2006, 08:47 PM
We were the first to prototype the no-rise. Chris Goddard (inventor of the HALO) came in to town one night and we were talking about how to get the most speed out of the loader. We decided taking out weight in the ball stack was the best option so we made a body right then and there. After that the no-rise caught on like crazy.

AGD

you guys do have pretty sweet inventions like my favorite the Y-grip.

don miguel
09-25-2006, 08:48 PM
does the low rise only help for halos or can it work for other hoppers to increase thier speed?

d4m4don3
09-26-2006, 12:56 AM
does the low rise only help for halos or can it work for other hoppers to increase thier speed?

Only if its another force fed hopper. If the feed neck is long it has to deal with an uneven ball stack which slows the hopper down. I believe thats what gave to the no rise. But thats only for force fed hoppers, if you have a gravity hopper you actually want a longer feedneck so you have balls in the stack to fall in the breach.

rmg
09-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Thanks for the history, and insight. I just want to create a smaller profile while playing. Seems I get hit in the hopper alot. :) I don't have a force fed hopper, but I'm not what you call a speedy shooter, so the short ball stack shouldn't be an issue.

cledford
09-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Best body AGD ever made - I count myself lucky to own one - It'll outlive me for sure. The truth is that I run ULE bodys on all of my mags now for the weight savings - but feel that when considering the looks, durablity and the stainlees that AGD was famous for I treasure mine. Also talked brother-in-law into buying one for his marker.

Don't get hung up on the twistlock thing if you can find one. I've played all day with a non-rise on my emag with feedhole of a standard twistlock aligned correctly with no issues. I also used a drill press to drill a 3rd detent hole in my freakback with no adverse effects.

-Calvin

Shirow
09-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Thanks for the history, and insight. I just want to create a smaller profile while playing. Seems I get hit in the hopper alot. :) I don't have a force fed hopper, but I'm not what you call a speedy shooter, so the short ball stack shouldn't be an issue.

A warp feed is your solution.

luke
09-26-2006, 08:10 AM
Twist lock ,centerfeed

CENTERFEED barrels are very hard to find, some people have used right and left. Last I knew Tunaman still had a couple left - I bought one the beginning of the year or so from him.

I can modify those barrels to work with a centerfeed. ;)

rmg
09-26-2006, 12:37 PM
"I can modify those barrels to work with a centerfeed."

Now that sounds like a plan. :D I was getting concerned that "if" I could find the body, I wouldn't be able to get a barrel (or 2).
I am already getting some things to send to you to modify, just gotta wait for the mail. I'll email you when I get my parts.
Thanks

Geoff Call
09-26-2006, 04:17 PM
We've got a new centerfeed boomstick sitting here at the store. Let me know if I can help.

Geoff Call
Paintball Charleston

Beemer
09-27-2006, 11:12 AM
I was getting concerned that "if" I could find the body, I wouldn't be able to get a barrel (or 2).

I was just at AGD. They have those in stock. Zupe said call for a better price then whats listed. :wow:

http://store.airgun.com/images/product/278.jpg

http://store.airgun.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=catalog.prodInfo&productID=278&categoryID=10

rmg
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the info, I never thought to look for a new one. I just figured they were out of production, so that meant out of stock. Now if only my money supply could keep up with my wants... I've got to finish with the couple of projects I'm working on first.

don miguel
09-28-2006, 04:15 PM
no rise with halo= sexual chocolate