PDA

View Full Version : rt on/off?

SR_matt
09-23-2006, 08:09 AM
hey guys i have a ule mag with x valve and ult in it. i also got a regular rt on off when my gun came so i tried putting it in a seeing how it worked. it barely had any more kick back than my ult has and even if i got it in teh sweet spot it wouldnt shoot very vast. is that normal (im imputting a preset 800-850 )? i definatly got the impression that the rt on offs were supposed to give a lot of rt with that much imput.

-matt

flyingpootang
09-23-2006, 01:39 PM
Matt, The higher the input pressure the more reactivity you'll get. The RT on/off will be more than the ULT at a higher input pressures.

SR_matt
09-23-2006, 01:42 PM
i know its supposed to give more but it just seemed like the only differance was the amount i had to pull the trigger to get it to fire. my friends ult that he is putting 1000 into (150-200 differance from my set up) is able to bounce a heck of a lot more.

-matt

Pneumagger
09-23-2006, 01:46 PM
so use the ULT

SR_matt
09-23-2006, 01:53 PM
im compareing 2 differrent guns. my gun is using a preset tank, i was trying to get more bounce out of my gun with out having to get a different tank and i thought the rt was supposed to give that to me so im just trying to figure out if i misunderstood how the on offs were supposed to work or if something is set up wrong
-matt

st6212
09-23-2006, 09:29 PM
RT on/off is stock. You can't adjust anything on it, so the only way to affect it is to adjust the pressure going into it.

The ULT is adjustable. Its affected by the shims and the pressure going into it.

So even though your air system may not change, you can still adjust the ULT, whereas you can't with the RT on/off.

Have you tried comparing the two on/off's without any shims (or standard 2 shims) in the ULT?

REDRT
09-23-2006, 09:50 PM
It is in my opinion that there isn't that much difference other than the ULT has lighter trigger pull.