neppo1345
09-23-2006, 01:21 PM
oh...my...god...

WingMan13
09-23-2006, 01:27 PM
Very interesting

MANN
09-23-2006, 03:03 PM
:( :mad: What is the world coming to. Talk about taking all of the respect out of hunting. Why not just catch the woods on fire and force all the deer into a pit to shoot them with AK-47s. Better yet buy rocket launchers and just kill and cook the deer with one shot.

I have no problem with deer hunting or hunting/fishing in general. I consider myself a sportsman, and take a annual hunting trips to my grandfathers property to hunt, and annual deep sea fishing with my father off the coast of SC. I have personally killed many deer/animals, but this is where the line should be drawn. Hunting/fishing for animals that will be eaten is one thing. Killing animals for the trophy is another. Im not saying that I dont try to get the best "rack" that I can, but every last ounce of meat on the deer is eaten, and is not wasted. Any hunter know that putting 12 holes in an animal will destroy 80% of the meat.

Anyone who would support/respect someone who made a machine to kill deer at 100+ yards is a bunny poo-poo lover, and should be shot. This guy is a true coward. It seems that he is only tring to gain a nice rack. I hope the guy who designed/usess a cannon to deer hunt has the dam thing blow up in his face. If he were to parish of the face of the earth we would all prosper by having one less dumbunny in the "Gene pool"

billybob_81067
09-23-2006, 04:18 PM
:( :mad: What is the world coming to. Talk about taking all of the respect out of hunting. Why not just catch the woods on fire and force all the deer into a pit to shoot them with AK-47s. Better yet buy rocket launchers and just kill and cook the deer with one shot.

I have no problem with deer hunting or hunting/fishing in general. I consider myself a sportsman, and take a annual hunting trips to my grandfathers property to hunt, and annual deep sea fishing with my father off the coast of SC. I have personally killed many deer/animals, but this is where the line should be drawn. Hunting/fishing for animals that will be eaten is one thing. Killing animals for the trophy is another. Im not saying that I dont try to get the best "rack" that I can, but every last ounce of meat on the deer is eaten, and is not wasted. Any hunter know that putting 12 holes in an animal will destroy 80% of the meat.

Anyone who would support/respect someone who made a machine to kill deer at 100+ yards is a, and should be shot. This guy is a true coward. It seems that he is only tring to gain a nice rack. I hope the guy who designed/usess a cannon to deer hunt has the dam thing blow up in his face. If he were to parish of the face of the earth we would all prosper by having one less dumb in the "Gene pool"

Wow... take a few steps back and take a couple of deep breaths! Then take a chill pill. It looks like he's going to be eating that meat otherwise I don't think he would have skinned it and dressed it. I for one think that it's awesome that this guy was capable of building a cannon and then actually using it for some real purpose other than civil war re-enactments.

silentdeath55
09-23-2006, 05:44 PM
Yup, that's how we do it in Wisconsin.

I <3 WI :D

BeaverEater
09-23-2006, 07:06 PM
For one, it is illegal to use buck shot when hunting deer. Second that really isnt sporting and even if he does plan on eating the meat, most of it is ruined anyways. This guy gives hunters a bad name. hes just a dumb :cuss:

Steelrat
09-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Wow... take a few steps back and take a couple of deep breaths! Then take a chill pill. It looks like he's going to be eating that meat otherwise I don't think he would have skinned it and dressed it. I for one think that it's awesome that this guy was capable of building a cannon and then actually using it for some real purpose other than civil war re-enactments.

I don't think nailing a deal could be considered a "real purpose" for a cannon.

Al_Steel
09-23-2006, 08:11 PM
Wow, and I thought setting out feed for em was unfair. :eek:

I seriously doubt that was real. I think the skinned image was doctored, and his comments are really off the wall so I call BS to the hunting thing. But you gotta admit.. deep down... you want one. :D

Army
09-23-2006, 10:27 PM
For one, it is illegal to use buck shot when hunting deer. Second that really isnt sporting and even if he does plan on eating the meat, most of it is ruined anyways. This guy gives hunters a bad name. hes just a dumb :cuss:
#1) Many northern states require shotgun...buckshot...only for hunting, due to lack of range compared to a rifle.

#2) That's not buckshot he used, but .78 caliber musket balls....which are legal to use during season.

#3) What he did is no more unethical or unsporting than hunting from a treestand or over bait or using a .300 Win Mag instead of a .243. His way just takes longer to set up, and more luck in timing the shot.

I myself, love ambushing ground squirrels to see how high I can bounce them. Not a lot of difference between him and me. Dead is dead, as long as it is quick and clean.

PyRo
09-23-2006, 11:26 PM
Anyone who would support/respect someone who made a machine to kill deer at 100+ yards is a bunny poo-poo lover, and should be shot
Well as a suporter of this thing called the rifle I suppose I should be shot.

Why not just catch the woods on fire and force all the deer into a pit to shoot them with AK-47s.
Funny hippie story. My uncle down in Arizona was camping out along with a huge group of other hunters as the season opened the next day. Right next to them the anti-hunting hippies set up shop and made all kinds of noise, built big fires, and did everything they could to scare the animals away. In the process one of their big fires turned into a forest fire.

An Ak47 would be pretty low on my list of choices for hunting rifles but if someone wants to use one I don't see anything wrong with it.

Second that really isnt sporting and even if he does plan on eating the meat, most of it is ruined anyways.
Why not? I bet I could hit a deer with a rifle faster than he can get that cannon aimed and fire it. The tube alone weighing in at 225lbs it's a bit more bulky then your average rifle.
Look at the pictures, he didn't use a 12lb ball (although that would have been interesting) he basically used really big buckshot.

Thats only a little bit illegal :rolleyes:
I bet this is no law saying you can't use a cannon for deer hunting.
Besides the judge has to find humor in someone actually useing a cannon for deer hunting. Maybie he'll go easy.

I don't think nailing a deal could be considered a "real purpose" for a cannon.
I know of a certain buck who would disagree.

Linkwarner
09-24-2006, 03:04 AM
I dont see what is wrong with hunting a deer with an AK47, no different then hunting it with a SKS. Not all AK47's are automatic.

MicroMiniMe
09-24-2006, 09:21 AM
I don't think nailing a [deer] could be considered a "real purpose" for a cannon.

Well Wisconsin *is* overpopulated with deer most years. I think they do supplemental 'seasons' to cull the heard more than the regular fall season.

They just need to convince the deer they've won a free boat or a powerball jackpot. With the waiting line downrange.

geekwarrior
09-24-2006, 10:04 AM
meh (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJsoybEdm84)

i like this cannon better

warbeak2099
09-24-2006, 11:06 AM
Meat recovery was very reasonable for this 120 yard shot. Although the holes look big, there was very little extended meat damage.

I guess people just don't know how to read anymore?

MANN
09-24-2006, 01:35 PM
I guess people just don't know how to read anymore?

My Ion/spyder is better than your gun. It can shoot 45 balls per second. I promise. I have proof. Look at this goldwave that shows it! (shows edited version of his "proof") How many times have you heard this?! (no offence to Ions/spyders I think they are great for the sport as they bring more players into the sport, however thats for another thread :D )

We all know that we cant trust everything we see/read. Any hunter who who has ever cleaned a deer knows that by the look of that deer there is little to no meat recovery. when you shoot an animal that many times. Also the guy shows the pic, and says that he only hit it 6 times. From the look of the back quarter it looks like there are a few more shots that he didn't count.

Originally Posted by MANN
Anyone who would support/respect someone who made a machine to kill deer at 100+ yards is a !@#$%^&*, and should be shot

Well as a suporter of this thing called the rifle I suppose I should be shot.

Yes I mis spoke here. I thought that you would understand that I am talking about the cannon, and not about rifels. A rifel does not shoot 100+ bullets at once. This guy is having them rain down on an animal who is probally baited into a feeder. This would be similar to shooting fish in a barrel, or hunting at a petting zoo. No one would approve of hunting with automatic rifels, as it gives the hunter an unfair advantage. This in my opinion is no different.

Bottom line is that it is wrong to kill animals for the "trophy". This guy doesn't have the testicular fortitude/ skill to shoot a deer with a rifel.

Do I think the idea of making a cannon and shooting it is "cool". Defiently. :cheers: I like most other guys like anything that makes a loud boom sound. The craftsmanship, and mecahnical ability to make a cannon or any other contraption that hurls something through the air will always get my respect/approval. If this guy made this with the intent of hitting a target I would have no problem what so ever.

Nice find geekwarrior! :cheers: I like how they use "empties" :spit_take

billybob_81067
09-24-2006, 01:43 PM
If this guy made this with the intent of hitting a target I would have no problem what so ever.

He did... it just so happens that it is a live target and a deer. :)

I'd rather he have a lineup of death row inmates and half the other inmates in prisions around the U.S. to shoot at, but I'm sure some tree hugging hippie would probably call that cruel and unusual punishment. Bah!

Tool-of-death
09-24-2006, 01:59 PM
inpractiacal, expensive, heavy, and possably illeagal.

Sounds like a winner to me :headbang:

BeaverEater
09-24-2006, 02:41 PM
#1) Many northern states require shotgun...buckshot...only for hunting, due to lack of range compared to a rifle.

Your right, northern states do require shotguns in some area, but they use slugs. Hunting deer with buckshot, atleast here in wi, is illegal. Besides those pictures look to be fairly fake. Look at the picture above the skinned one and you see there there really arent any holes. Plus the skinned picture really doesnt look like there was much more than surface damage from the cannon anyways.

kosmo
09-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Id just like to set some facts straight here before too many people get the wrong ideas:

1. Cheese heads suck. Even if they build a cannon to shoot deer, but especially so if they think theres something wrong with doing that.

2. There is nothing at all that is sporting about sitting in a tree stand with a rifle. Meat recovery or not.

3. If you cant spell anything correctly, your opinion is automatically invalidated.

4. Buck shot is legal to hunt deer with in many places. Wisconsin just sucks.

5. You cant argue that the picture is fake and then argue that there are extra holes in the deer that he didnt count. To do so would make you an idiot.

6. If the pictures are fake, then he obviously didnt kill the deer with the cannon. If they arent fake, then anyone with a brain could see that there is plenty of meat left on that deer, and that putting the meat through a grinder to make venison sausage is going to make those holes a moot point.

billybob_81067
09-25-2006, 08:52 AM
Kosmo FTW! :clap:

tropical_fishy
09-25-2006, 09:01 AM
3. If you cant spell anything correctly, your opinion is automatically invalidated.

Just repeating this because there are so many people that need to beaten over the head with the grammar/spelling bat.

Lohman446
09-25-2006, 09:03 AM
Your right, northern states do require shotguns in some area, but they use slugs. Hunting deer with buckshot, atleast here in wi, is illegal. Besides those pictures look to be fairly fake. Look at the picture above the skinned one and you see there there really arent any holes. Plus the skinned picture really doesnt look like there was much more than surface damage from the cannon anyways.

Its legal in many northern states to hunt deer with buckshot.

I'm going to say this once. In debate a single counterexample out of many cases is only valid if the other side used the term ALL. MANY is not ALL

starchief1959
09-25-2006, 10:07 AM
Some northern states where using a shotgun with anything other than a single projectile is ILLEGAL:

Minnesota
North Dakota
Wisconsin
South Dakota
Iowa
Nebraska
Illinois
Indiana
Ohio

New England states are different because of the trees, hills, and lack of "large open spaces."

I do disagree with the use of a cannon for hunting and in the case of him using buckshot in Wisconsin renders his hunt illegal. I say bad form.

Lohman446
09-25-2006, 10:24 AM
I'd be more concerned of having used (and manufactured) a destructive device over .50 as defined by the BATF and the violation of federal firearm laws than the violation of some minor game law if I was going to argue against it.

/I think, did not bother to actually look up the wording

Altimas
09-25-2006, 10:53 AM
This cannon is weak compared to this cannon:

http://www.craveonline.com/videos/00002789/beer_cannon_montage.html

:cheers:

ta2maki
09-25-2006, 11:13 AM

Anyone who would support/respect someone who made a machine to kill deer at 100+ yards is a bunny poo-poo lover, and should be shot. This guy is a true coward. It seems that he is only tring to gain a nice rack. I hope the guy who designed/usess a cannon to deer hunt has the dam thing blow up in his face. If he were to parish of the face of the earth we would all prosper by having one less dumbunny in the "Gene pool"

Wow, then I guess you will really like this one.

http://www.buckstix.com/CoehornMortarHunt.htm

Altimas
09-25-2006, 11:20 AM

OMG thats pretty funny.

Big'n slo
09-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Its not as easy as it looks...

:D :ninja:

Al_Steel
09-25-2006, 01:34 PM
"There is still a chance that the Warden ( or whatever ) will hate cats. Statistically, Over 60% of people in general hate cats, so the odds are in your favor."

:rofl: :rofl:

thecavemankevin
09-25-2006, 02:07 PM

bah, beat me to it

http://www.buckstix.com/images/mortar%20kitty.jpg

LOL!!!!!11 :D

ahellers
09-25-2006, 02:39 PM
" However, one word of caution on bait containers. I would suggest using unbreakable bowls made of tin or paper since you don't want to smash your wife's good soup bowls from random Mortar hits. Wives are not very understanding when you break their dishes. As a matter of fact, they're not too keen on Cat Hunting with a Mortar either. Believe me, I speak from experience"

:ninja:
t

StygShore
09-25-2006, 03:23 PM
.69 round lead slugs huh....

Styg

MANN
09-25-2006, 03:54 PM
:( To think that the "Friendly Corner" has made it to:
How to Kill for No Reason What so Ever. Just to get a few Giggles or a Trophy :D

I think I remember a few others inhumane individuals that "get off" to killing for no reason. Maybe Dahmer, McVeigh, Gaskins, Gacy, Bin Laden. I think most of them started with young animals, and Most would agree that they all killed for no logical explainable reason (regarding american culture).

I agree that wild cats/dogs/deer/third grade kids are a "nusense" and are undersirable on anyones property. Especially if they are being destructive. There is however a more humane solution to this problem than "Hey bubba load that ther cat in da cannon and let us kil tat varmin".

I hope my spelling/grammer is up to par for all of the English majors. (If not I really dont care. Im a Math major. I dont have to be grammatically correct :D )

Altimas
09-25-2006, 04:01 PM
Congradulations you took this to seriously and are the winner of a :rolleyes: .

Lohman446
09-25-2006, 04:45 PM
:( To think that the "Friendly Corner" has made it to:
How to Kill for No Reason What so Ever. Just to get a few Giggles or a Trophy :D

I think I remember a few others inhumane individuals that "get off" to killing for no reason. Maybe Dahmer, McVeigh, Gaskins, Gacy, Bin Laden. I think most of them started with young animals, and Most would agree that they all killed for no logical explainable reason (regarding american culture).

I agree that wild cats/dogs/deer/third grade kids are a "nusense" and are undersirable on anyones property. Especially if they are being destructive. There is however a more humane solution to this problem than "Hey bubba load that ther cat in da cannon and let us kil tat varmin".

I hope my spelling/grammer is up to par for all of the English majors. (If not I really dont care. Im a Math major. I dont have to be grammatically correct :D )

Humane? Are you possibly floating the idea that this animal did not die quickly?

cowboy_00
09-25-2006, 07:11 PM
Okay mann...seriously...if you can't tell its a dang joke you're just an idiot.

Like really really deserve to be put in front of said cannon idiot.

DEE de DEE -I love mencia

ahellers
09-27-2006, 03:18 AM
remember when toms lvl 10 vid came out with the touge thing, and every one was trying to get him to put a baby mouse's head in the bolt?
t