PDA

View Full Version : Shipping co2 tanks

wjr
09-23-2006, 02:33 PM
I just sold five co2 tanks on PBN today. I've never shipped a tank before, but I'm guessing that I would need to dump the co2 before I ship it, right?

thanks.

ShotOnSight
09-23-2006, 02:53 PM
Correct, the post office will not (or atleast should not) let you ship any pressurized cylinders, empty ones are fine but filled or partially filled is a no no. The physical integrity of the tank could be comprimised if they wher shiped via plane due to change in altitudeand pressure etc (depnding on where nad how you ship them) and dont forget if c02 cylinders get to hot the burst disc will pop and jetison all te contents of the tank, or in worst case scenario it will explode or the tank will fly of the valve. All very good reasons to ship tanks empty.

this goes for Co2 tanks and HPA tanks also regardless if theyare carbon fiber wrapped or not.

going_home
09-23-2006, 03:48 PM
You dont have to dump the CO2.
You do have to ship them ground and not air (Parcel Post not Priority Mail).
Because of atmospheric changes during altitude changes tanks cannot
be shipped air unless the regulators are removed.

stop whining buy a mag
09-23-2006, 04:33 PM
You dont have to dump the CO2.
You do have to ship them ground and not air (Parcel Post not Priority Mail).
Because of atmospheric changes during altitude changes tanks cannot
be shipped air unless the regulators are removed.

No, UPS/Fedex/USPO will ship any empty cylinder, air or ground, even if the regulator is not removed. Taking your tanks on board a flight is a different story since you could possibly store something inside the tank.

When shipping it is always best to empty the tank.