PDA

View Full Version : Headed home!

Recon by Fire
09-24-2006, 08:34 PM
I'm going home in a few days! 11 months straight, 12+ hour shifts, no days off...time for some R&R! Probably only going to have a month off and half of that time will be off on a few trips. Hopefully I can make it out to a field and get some paintball time in.

I'm sending my X-Mag off for a make over too! Oct/Non MOTM here I come baby! :hail:

Remington
09-24-2006, 08:36 PM
Congrats Recon! :clap:

Enjoy it man, it's greatly deserved! :hail:

Army
09-24-2006, 10:38 PM
HOOAH bro! http://floridasportsman.com/art/patriot.gif

Hey, don't get complacent just yet, wait until you get to Kuwait to shut it off.

Rudz
09-25-2006, 12:59 AM
well deserved recon, well deserved, have fun bro..

kosmo
09-25-2006, 08:27 AM
Congrats. Do you civilian types get to go straight home or do you have to stop off in Kuwait?

/5 months left :cry:

bentothejam1n
09-25-2006, 08:31 PM
Thanks for serving our country
my brother leaves tommorrow

Recon by Fire
09-25-2006, 10:21 PM
We hit Kuwait (I cannot stand Kuwait) flying military flights into there and Iraq but not necessary on the way out. Last time I flew civilian out of the BIAP on Royal Jordanian (not recommended! LOL, duct tape on a plane exterior is a bad sign...I thought we would surely die!). We had a lay over in Amman, Jordan and nearly were taken into custody by the Jordanian police at the airport (we were flying with our kits - no weapons). Seems Jordan doesn't like people having kevlars and body armor... We stayed at the local hotel that houses the company HQ for the region and others, nice place, too bad they car bombed it soon afterwards (better than them doing it while we were there!). This was the view from my room's balcony:
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/doublenot7/Amman-2.jpg

"The company" has some of their own transport planes now and will also be brokering their fleet out to other companies as well for transportation in the region. So they will be completely self sufficient in that respect.

ahellers
09-27-2006, 05:28 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY RECON!!!! :dance:
t

Recon by Fire
09-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Thanks, hit the big 38 and still going... :cheers:

edweird
09-29-2006, 11:26 PM
you were over there as a PMC right?

regardless good to have more of our good guys rotating back to the world the right way

/salute

eventually I look forward to picking your brain somethime about the PMC thing as it interests me highly.

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
09-29-2006, 11:43 PM
Welcome home and please take a few months off and enjoy.

/Ode to joy is playing in the player right now.

Recon by Fire
09-30-2006, 03:43 PM
I only have two PMC contracts under my belt, so i'm not an expert but I can answer what I can.

Been enjoying being home and promptly dug a fox hole in my backyard LOL j/k its actually a pond...or soon will be.

Supposed to be home until early November from what they are telling me.

Also stopped by the local shop to pick up my Xmag fram BradAGD, but they were closed for some family emergency?

geekwarrior
09-30-2006, 04:12 PM
Also stopped by the local shop to pick up my Xmag fram BradAGD, but they were closed for some family emergency?

oh noes, AGD closed its doors!!

welcome back :clap: