PDA

View Full Version : I'm quite despaired at the moment...

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 08:18 AM
Classic valve, ACI 4 stage expansion chamber, remote, CO2

I received my Classic mag from AGD wich didn't have a properly tuned Lv 10 for sure. So retuned it.

I went from the beginning with the 2 groove carrier, and went smaller until it didn't leak. And then it didn't leak at all, whether I pushed on the bolt or not; so I didn't install any shim. I went to the chronograph and the gun did well.

I refilled my 20oz bottle yesterday and played with the gun this morning. When rapid firing, the gun started leaking out of the bolt, and then stoped after a while. So I thought :"The carrier o-ring is "worned/used" and I need to go to the next smaller carrier.

So I installed the 0.5 carrier. The gun didn't leak, and fired well. Until it began to do that chuff thing when the bolt is not doing its whole travel. I continued to make it chuff and the bolt just ceased to move when I fired the trigger.

And I put oil in the ASA when I start the day.

I'm helpless now... I had that gun for 1 month and am not able to make it work!
Any advice would be apreciated,
Thanks

flyingpootang
09-25-2006, 10:52 AM
Go back to the single line carrier and origanal o-ring. If you get a leak down the barrel try pushing on it with a squigee. If it stops the leak is in the power tube. If it dosen't its in your on/off. It sounds like you froze your mag which caused the leak. The best thing is to shoot compressed air. You can get a new tank from ebay for 35-55. Tune your L10 bolt by starting with 2 shims, place a squigee @ 1/4" in front of the bolt and fire the marker. If the bolt hits the squigee and resets its tuned. If it dosen't add 1 shim at a time until it resets on its own. When adding more than 2 shims it may be necessary to move to the next loosest carrier. The shims affect the carrier tightness....

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 01:16 PM
When it started to leak with the one groove carier, it leaked wether I pushed on the bolt or not. And the on/off pin o-ring is in good condition.

I just used the smaller spring and it seemed to work... the bolt didn't stick anymore. But I've heard I'll get the best results with the red spring.

And even though I don't have any shim, the bolt reset properly when it hits something.

Thanks.

MANN
09-25-2006, 01:25 PM
the bolt spring is determined by what velocity you are tring to achieve. The higher the velocity the stiffer spring that is required. To me it sounds like you are "freezing" your level 10. If running CO2 a good expansion chamber is a MUST(not a gas through foregrip like the bike one from agd). It also helps to use a remote line.

Coralis
09-25-2006, 04:08 PM
Because you are using CO2 you are probably going to have to tune your level 10 more frequently than if you were using HPA .... Two things can happen to oring when using CO2 they can get very cold and shrink causing leaks or they can absorb liquid CO2 and swell up causing the gun to stop shooting. Biggest thing you can do to minimize the effects of CO2 is to keep you gun well lubed when i shot CO2 i used to shoot a couple of drops of oil in the ASA every time i got a CO2 fill.

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 06:14 PM
Because you are using CO2 you are probably going to have to tune your level 10 more frequently than if you were using HPA .... Two things can happen to oring when using CO2 they can get very cold and shrink causing leaks or they can absorb liquid CO2 and swell up causing the gun to stop shooting. Biggest thing you can do to minimize the effects of CO2 is to keep you gun well lubed when i shot CO2 i used to shoot a couple of drops of oil in the ASA every time i got a CO2 fill.

Yeah... that makes sense. It started leaking after rapid firing. So assume de o-ring shrinked; and stoped leaking, the o-ring probably took its initial size (or near it). After a lot of rapid firing the leaking didn't stoped, the o-ring was probably really to small...

And the next smaller carier give me bolt sticking issues... I guess I'll have to take a look for N2 bottles :S

So I bought that expansion chamber for nothing :mad: ... I thought it would have given me a chance...

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 06:16 PM
If running CO2 a good expansion chamber is a MUST(not a gas through foregrip like the bike one from agd). It also helps to use a remote line.

If you take a look at the begining of my post, you'll see I use an ACI Sub-Zero 4 stages expansion chamber as well as a remote... I guess it's not enough :(

athomas
09-25-2006, 06:24 PM
The level 10 is so dependent on tight tolerances that it is possible that CO2 caused freezing which altered the dimensions of the carrier and oring just enough to cause leaking.

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 07:45 PM
I just bought that tank to begin:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140031253627

I don't know where you can find an N2 tank for 35-55$... I've been looking for a while and that's the cheapest I've seen. I also called my local shops and they didn't offer me any better price...

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 07:48 PM
Well... I just saw that one wich is 7 CAN cheaper... :( :( :(
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&item=270012116033&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

flyingpootang
09-25-2006, 08:37 PM
Here's one for 59: http://cgi.ebay.com/Pure-Energy-48CI-3000psi-NITRO-HPA-Tank-PMI-N2-48-3000_W0QQitemZ130030309069QQihZ003QQcategoryZ36287 QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

sTaLa
09-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Well, I have to admit I didn't see it... But one thing is that the 2 cheaper bottles are from the US, and the cheapest bottle's seller seems to ship only by UPS. Which could make me lose all the economy I had on the price since I'm located in Canada.

Anyway, that's true I have to revise the way I search on ebay... :tard: