PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever heard of this?

wjr
09-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I was looking at pbreview and I found this. (http://www.airchallenger.com/htm/PAGE2mg604.htm) They make a broad line of markers- Blowbacks, Spools, and autocockers. What grabbed my attention though was the mechanical spool valve gun. This seems to be an interesting idea and I have no idea how it works. They also make a electro spool valve gun that looks alot like the Quest.

I was just wondering if anyone has used or heard of these markers.

CKY_Alliance
09-25-2006, 07:30 PM
ive heard about them and saw them somewhere..a magazine i believe about a half a year ago...never seen one in person or heard any reviews...im interested in how they actually work...

i think theres a thread around here on them.

punkncat
09-25-2006, 08:20 PM
What grabbed my attention though was the mechanical spool valve gun. This seems to be an interesting idea and I have no idea how it works.
I was just wondering if anyone has used or heard of these markers.

The original design for the Matrix was mechanical, and if I remember correctly the Epic is a Spool, not certain on that one though.

wjr
09-25-2006, 08:29 PM
The original design for the Matrix was mechanical, and if I remember correctly the Epic is a Spool, not certain on that one though.

I just read in a post from PBN that not only the origninal design for the matrix, but also some of PGI's first markers were all mech spools.

I think the Epic is differant. I know that it uses a trapdoor instead of a bolt...

punkncat
09-25-2006, 08:33 PM
I think the Epic is differant. I know that it uses a trapdoor instead of a bolt...

Yeah, I have only seen a few of them briefly in all my years of balling. And only one of them was working correctly. I know they are a different sort of thing.

SR_matt
09-25-2006, 08:36 PM
people have made mech ions, u can convert any spooler that closes off the input into the resevoir to a mech since it measures out the air then only releases that much. not to hard of an idea to put into pratice. i really want to see one of the mech spoolers in person
-matt

magman007
09-25-2006, 08:52 PM
yeah, its just a cheep chineese, or tiwaneese rip off, that never sold very well here, at the 2005 Iao i was abole to play around with one, both the mech and electro, they were cheep, and low quality. Not worth it at all.

wjr
09-25-2006, 08:57 PM
yeah, its just a cheep chineese, or tiwaneese rip off, that never sold very well here, at the 2005 Iao i was abole to play around with one, both the mech and electro, they were cheep, and low quality. Not worth it at all.

Thats dissapointing. They look like such cool guns.