PDA

View Full Version : Building Mag But...

K9nerOPs
09-26-2006, 09:29 AM
I want to build myself a new Mag however almost every website I go to does not have the missing parts I need/want...

I've looked at the dealer section of this forum however the parts I want/need are discontinued or out of stock for almost a month???

Are Mags not as popular anymore? This forum is very active leaving me to believe Mags are still a hot item. Are Airgun Designs & 3rd Party Man. not producing what used to be in production? If so where are the news parts?

This is the setup I’m trying to build:

It’s almost if not the Same As “Empyreal Rogue” (Automags.org Forum Member)

- RPG Vert frame (Discontinued?)

- ULE Warp Left Body (Purchased Already)

- Rail Designed For Warp Left ULE Body (Almost Impossible To Find)

- X-Valve (No Longer Anodized In Diff. Colors By AGD?)

- Vertical Gas Thru Adapter (Purchased Already)

- Front Grip (Screw In) Gas Thru (Purchased Already)

- Q-Loader System (Purchased Already)

- Kapp Drop Zone II Stubby (I Can Only Find It In Green?)

This is the setup I’m looking for…I want a kick @ss Mechanical Semi Auto Mag…Do you think I can do a better setup?

Thanks In Advanced!!!

Shirow
09-26-2006, 09:45 AM
You can probably find a rail in the sale section of this forum. The vert frames are there also occasionally. A colored X-Valve is tough to find, I know back2integrity has a red one (had?) but other colors are pretty hard to come by.

Tool-of-death
09-26-2006, 10:15 AM
You have to get your rail milled by AGD or tunaman for the warp.

Rouge Factor said they were going to do anouther run of vert frames in a few weeks.

K9nerOPs
09-26-2006, 10:59 AM
You can probably find a rail in the sale section of this forum. The vert frames are there also occasionally. A colored X-Valve is tough to find, I know back2integrity has a red one (had?) but other colors are pretty hard to come by.

i'll keep an eye out form the rail & vert...thanks!!!

You have to get your rail milled by AGD or tunaman for the warp.

I never really like the stock look of AGD...I love the sharp looking razor edge rails...

Rouge Factor said they were going to do anouther run of vert frames in a few weeks.

Rouge Factor is the main contact for Logic's Website?

CKY_Alliance
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
i'll keep an eye out form the rail & vert...thanks!!!

I never really like the stock look of AGD...I love the sharp looking razor edge rails...

Rouge Factor is the main contact for Logic's Website?

ROGUE and logic make two different frames...for rogues stuff go to www.themagsmith.com you can get tons of stuff there..for logic go to www.logicpaintball.com

logic contact coolhand ...and for rogue contact roguefactor

coolhand and roguefactor are there usernames here.....

check the B/S/T forum for used stuff you can get good deals and get stuff thats discountinued...

for the kapp drop..youll prolly have to get it used, they went out of buisness some places may still have them...oh and ebay its your friend...also tunaman can provide you with lots of stuff also

thanks for the correction tool....i dont keep up with the stuff much anymore...

oh and K9 i dont know if you've seen them or not..but look for deadly wind body/railes, the dallara , karta, and chord V1 and V2...very nice stuff..quality used to have one and loved it ,so light and sexy, kinda pricey but worth every penny, unfortuantly they dont make them anymore at this time.

WARPED1
09-26-2006, 11:39 AM
Are Mags not as popular anymore? This forum is very active leaving me to believe Mags are still a hot item. Are Airgun Designs & 3rd Party Man. not producing what used to be in production? If so where are the news parts?

Virtually the only place you'll fing Mags or Mag shooters are here and the few Dealers here(like The Mag Smith). You will not find any mags in national tournaments or any magazine/websites(other than the few mag specific dealers here). If you have your heart set on a mag, buy from like Tunaman Here on AO( www.tunamart.com I think), he should be able to set you up, or cruise the B/S/T forum here. If you want a gun with parts you can get immediately, buy a cocker or Etek Ego or P/DM6 or some such.

Tool-of-death
09-26-2006, 11:53 AM
ROGUE and logic make two different frames...for rogues stuff go to www.themagsmith.com you can get tons of stuff there..for logic go to www.logicpaintball.com

logic contact nicad...and someone else i dont remeber..and for rogue contact roguefactor

nicad and roguefactor are there usernames here.....

umm either luke is nicad or luke is the other person for logic..i dont remeber anymore....

check the B/S/T forum for used stuff you can get good deals and get stuff thats discountinued...

for the kapp drop..youll prolly have to get it used, they went out of buisness some places may still have them...oh and ebay its your friend...also tunaman can provide you with lots of stuff also

rougefactor (http://automags.org/forums/member.php?u=3490) = htttp://www.themagsmith.com/
coolhand (http://automags.org/forums/member.php?u=9827)= http://www.logicpaintball.com/
nicad= http://www.deadlywind.com

WARPED1
09-26-2006, 11:58 AM
Virtually the only place you'll fing Mags or Mag shooters are here and the few Dealers here(like The Mag Smith). You will not find any mags in national tournaments or any magazine/websites(other than the few mag specific dealers here). If you have your heart set on a mag, buy from like Tunaman Here on AO( www.tunamart.com I think), he should be able to set you up, or cruise the B/S/T forum here. If you want a gun with parts you can get immediately, buy a cocker or Etek Ego or P/DM6 or some such.
Oh, and you'll spend less money buying a newer gun, with possibly more features. Paint can be expensive at some fields still!

K9nerOPs
09-26-2006, 12:38 PM
CKY_Alliance & Tool-of-death, thanks for the Contacts...I will be lurking around...

If you want a gun with parts you can get immediately, buy a cocker or Etek Ego or P/DM6 or some such.

What I like about the Mag is that it’s super easy to field strip if things where to go wrong and the marker is very accurate/reliable.

Our any of the markers you mentioned as easy to field strip and accurate/reliable?

WARPED1
09-26-2006, 01:08 PM
What I like about the Mag is that it’s super easy to field strip if things where to go wrong and the marker is very accurate/reliable.

Our any of the markers you mentioned as easy to field strip and accurate/reliable?
Not any more, the LX kit made mags harder to tune, field stripping is still easy.
And every gun I mentioned is accurate and reliable, well, guns are not accurate, its all barrel and paint match

WARPED1
09-26-2006, 01:23 PM
Mags are most certainly super easy to field strip, and are very reliable.
No denying that. But try to get mag parts at your local field if your mag breaks down.(I've seen it happen).

CKY_Alliance
09-26-2006, 01:30 PM
No denying that. But try to get mag parts at your local field if your mag breaks down.(I've seen it happen).

If you play at paintball charleston..here in SC you have no problem getting parts or even a whole mag....tac,sidearem,classic,rt, emag, maybe and X mag, (i think they still have it), maybe a warp, new valve...along with numerous other mag parts...

K9nerOPs
09-26-2006, 02:06 PM
well, guns are not accurate, its all barrel and paint match
I plan on buying that carbon fiber barrel that uses the freak system inserts(Deadlywind.com)...So I Should Be Ok on the accurate part...Right?

Some of the feilds around me have cocker parts (And boy oh boy there are way too many small & large parts for that marker) and tippman parts...but like RogueFactor stated "Ive been to fields that dont have ANY replacement parts, for any markers//and that isnt limited to the mag." I too have seen this in most fields.

doober
09-26-2006, 05:23 PM
I didn't really read much of the thread, but anyways i have a ULE'd Emag Rail professionally milled for left warp and ULE'd on the inside PM me if your interested

thanks

Tool-of-death
09-26-2006, 06:44 PM
I plan on buying that carbon fiber barrel that uses the freak system inserts(Deadlywind.com)...So I Should Be Ok on the accurate part...Right?

Some of the feilds around me have cocker parts (And boy oh boy there are way too many small & large parts for that marker) and tippman parts...but like RogueFactor stated "Ive been to fields that dont have ANY replacement parts, for any markers//and that isnt limited to the mag." I too have seen this in most fields.

deffinetly!!

if you want it shorter than 14" though you have to email colin

K9nerOPs
09-26-2006, 07:29 PM
deffinetly!!

if you want it shorter than 14" though you have to email colin

Get Out!!!...hmm now this raise's a question...

I would like to have a 8-10" barrel

Having a smaller barrel looks cooler (In My Opinion) however do I loose performance.:eg velocity,FPS,etc???

Tool-of-death
09-26-2006, 07:30 PM
Get Out!!!...hmm now this raise's a question...

I would like to have a 8-10" barrel

Having a smaller barrel looks cooler (In My Opinion) however do I loose performance.:eg velocity,FPS,etc???

Nope, all you lose is porting witch makes it a little louder.

Lenny
09-26-2006, 10:31 PM
Just to put it out there, Coolhand is thinking about making a limited raw run of the UMF frame (Coolhand, put me down for one!!!)

Tool-of-death
09-26-2006, 11:48 PM
If I could afford one I'd go for it.

CaliMagFan
09-27-2006, 01:12 AM
I want to build myself a new Mag however almost every website I go to does not have the missing parts I need/want...

I've looked at the dealer section of this forum however the parts I want/need are discontinued or out of stock for almost a month???

- Kapp Drop Zone II Stubby (I Can Only Find It In Green?)

Thanks In Advanced!!!

Not sure if a lot of people know this cause i think they faded out pretty slowly, but KAPP is now out of paintball. the owner chris hagan had some problems with his personal stuff and left paintball for another occupation... there have been NO kapp products manufactured for about 2 years. I thnk that both of their san francisco bay area stores are now closed (i know the one here in santa rosa is) and the playing field that was also here in sonoma county is closed.

good luck.. i'll see if i can find anything.